Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Old 07-30-2015, 06:06 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Judge is lightly grooved for also shooting 45 cal longs as well as being chambered for either 2 1/2" or 3" .410 shells.

Pope, if you don't like the video "Hot Shot's", the one made in Utah, then there's no hope for you.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:53 AM
Cougar429

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled the 65 from spares and will look at the carb later. Likely not get back with the results till tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2015, 06:54 AM
Bill Lowen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats fine.. I appreciate you taking a look.

Bill
Old 07-30-2015, 07:03 AM
KC Air

Just bought my first 4 stroke engine.. a Saito 82. It is going into a Great Planes Extra 300SP.. the max size engine recommended
Old 07-30-2015, 07:29 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by blw
The Judge is lightly grooved for also shooting 45 cal longs as well as being chambered for either 2 1/2" or 3" .410 shells.

Pope, if you don't like the video "Hot Shot's", the one made in Utah, then there's no hope for you.
Is that the comedy where the cop shoots the guy in the car dead after pulling him over for no front licence plate and then claims self defense because he couldn't get him out the car ? Or is it the one where a dentist goes to Africa and shoots one of earths most majestic animals ? Ya right I got no hope and I just don't get it ! Maybe if people went hand to hand with a knife or a rock or something that made it a fair and even fight I might have a bit more respect for the hunter but hiding behind a tree with a high powered gun how can ya take pics and act all macho and have the hide to hang its head on the wall like its some major conquest . Seems to me that some are trying to compensate for a overly small weener . This isn't aimed at you blw I think your a cool guy and I have no idea how big your weener is ☺ its just the pope having his usual 2 minutes of fame . Cheers the pope
Old 07-30-2015, 07:32 AM
the pope

You will be happy with that engine . Its a good one and one of my favourite engines . cheers the pope
Old 07-30-2015, 08:02 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by Bill Lowen
I have had it apart a few times. It also has been cleaned thoroughly. It just seems like the LSN threads are real loose inside the housing. somebody mentioned a dry seal. How many seals are in this carb. I counted three, two on each side of the intake pipe and one on the spray bar. should there be a seal around the LSN? You also mentioned hi temp silicon. I had thought of that too, maybe coat the threads but I was unsure if that would cause any complications.
I've never come across your prob before . Do you have access to a parts diagram ? If you dont have one let me know and I,ll have a look at my diagrams but I dont have your engine so it may be a bit different . Have u tried todownload one . Either something's not right with the orings or the threads have been damaged through vibration etc . If you go the silicon route as long as you clean it properly and only use a smidgen u might be OK . cheers the pope
Old 07-30-2015, 08:16 AM
Bill Lowen

I have searched and searched for a parts breakdown of the 65's carb. The only one I found does not show an oring around the LSN. The manual I have covers all Saito medium engines. If you have anything better, I would be grateful to you if I could see it. I am going to go with the silicone route first. If it does not work I am not out anything.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Originally Posted by the pope
Is that the comedy where the cop shoots the guy in the car dead after pulling him over for no front licence plate and then claims self defense because he couldn't get him out the car ? Or is it the one where a dentist goes to Africa and shoots one of earths most majestic animals ? Ya right I got no hope and I just don't get it ! Maybe if people went hand to hand with a knife or a rock or something that made it a fair and even fight I might have a bit more respect for the hunter but hiding behind a tree with a high powered gun how can ya take pics and act all macho and have the hide to hang its head on the wall like its some major conquest . Seems to me that some are trying to compensate for a overly small weener . This isn't aimed at you blw I think your a cool guy and I have no idea how big your weener is ☺ its just the pope having his usual 2 minutes of fame . Cheers the pope

I quit hunting deer when I figured out that there was really no sport in it. In west TX you find the deer trails the animals use to go to water in the mornings. Then you get up before dawn so as to be near the trail at dawn. When a buck comes along that you like, you shoot the thing and haul it home. Big deal.
It's much the same thing in south TX except there's more ground cover & they use blinds near the deer trails. There are white tail deer in my yard every morning around dawn & most dusks. I could pot one any time I wanted during deer season. Selling deer hunting permits to hunters on a rancher's land is a big industry around here & the state takes a fee out of the permits. Likewise butchering the animals & taxidermy. Not to mention hotels, motels, eateries, you name it. the red carpet gets rolled out! Exotic game ranches galore around here. It goes on and on....

CR
Old 07-30-2015, 03:37 PM
FNQFLYER

Charley you should try hunting Sambar deer in the Victorian Highlands or Chital on the swamps in FNQ (far north qld). I no longer hunt but hunting a very elusive animal (chital deer) when you are in the same territory as a very efficient and capable hunter (salt water crocodile) who has feral pigs who are also very nasty as allies is an interesting experience. I hunted Sambar in Victoria for 5 years before I saw my first one in the wild and a further 2 years before I bagged my first one. Played with a Saito 65 in a Playboy and a YS 63 in a similar Playboy yesterday, good fun especially when the crap was clean out of the fuel filters. Neither model was mine btb.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:07 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by Bill Lowen
I have searched and searched for a parts breakdown of the 65's carb. The only one I found does not show an oring around the LSN. The manual I have covers all Saito medium engines. If you have anything better, I would be grateful to you if I could see it. I am going to go with the silicone route first. If it does not work I am not out anything.
Hi there Bill , Just had a look and without doubt saitos diagram is crap . A hand drawn pic is the best they can do , aint good enough . The 82 drawing doesnt seem to show any o-ring either . So I guess u could try the silicon or a few wraps of plumbers tape if u dont want to buy any parts . Cheers the pope
Old 07-31-2015, 03:12 AM
the pope

Hi there Bill , Just had a look and without doubt saitos diagram is crap . A hand drawn pic is the best they can do , aint good enough . The 82 drawing doesnt seem to show any o-ring either . So I guess u could try the silicon or a few wraps of plumbers tape if u dont want to buy any parts . Cheers the pope
Its been brought to my attention that there is a o-ring on the lsn. When I had a look at the kiddies drawing that saito provide I could see what I thought was a flat washer but I guess it ain't . Good news if that's all you need . check it out on the Saito thread on rcgroups . cheers the pope
Old 07-31-2015, 03:44 AM
Cougar429

Took the carb apart and there IS an O-ring on the LSN. Good news is it could not be any easier to replace. Don't even have to remove the carb to access.

The O-ring resides behind the throttle arm and is seen surrounding the LSN once it has been removed. My 65 is GEN 1 so has the metal arm, but suspect all versions are identical. You loosen the metric set screw and pop the arm off. If the O-ring is missing or hardened from age then you may have to fully screw out the LSN to get it out. It sits in a cup shaped indent in the end of the throttle barrel so the sides prevent you from easily getting under it from the outside

You simply remove that O-ring and replace it with new. Ensure there is no grit or other contamination and the sides of the LSN are smooth with no marks. Lube the O-ring and LSN before assembly to ensure smooth adjustment.

The throttle arm compresses that O-ring slightly so you will need to push on it to fully seat against the barrel while tightening the set screw. Unless you get it back exactly the same you may have to readjust your throttle servo travel or rod length to get it working the way it did before.

NOTE: If you decide to, loosen the throttle adjustment screw and remove the barrel to make it easier to see and access. BE CAREFUL to not lose the small spring that sits around the fuel inlet tube at the other end of the barrel. This prevents vibrations from wearing the groove on the barrel and helps ensure smoother throttle operation. Not all Saito carbs have this, but it seems the 65-91 shares the same carb kit. Cannot remember if my 82 does, as well.

On that point, carb identification shows the kit mentioned to fit the 65-91, (P/N 521914) does include that LSN O-ring and is very inexpensive at approx $3-4.

Bad news is I cannot find that O-ring in stock metric charts, (mind you, coffee is still working its way through my system as I type). Perhaps someone can help identify one with the following:

I.D 3mm. C/S 1.5mm

If some P/N can be supplied perhaps a local bearing or seal house can source it for you. Likely be a minimum order amount. May be easier, (and more useful) to get the carb gasket set.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Cougar429; 07-31-2015 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:23 AM
Bill Lowen

Cougar, How much effort would it be for you to upload a pic showing where that o ring sits? I ordered a carb rebuild kit last year and it is probably a good bet the oring is in there.

Thanks guys! I sincerely appreciate your efforts in helping me out. .

Last edited by Bill Lowen; 07-31-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:33 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by blw

If you mean the 45 long colt it was one of my favourites and could be loaded well in excess of factory loadings in a strong revolver like the ruger super redhawk.

Trev totally agree with your experiences hunting chital and sambar,plenty of lonely days,add thar in deep snow in the mountains.As for the current uproar about 'clarence the lion' city folk can rabbit on in the papers.Expensive safari hunts are the only effective(money to the poor people who now gaurd them)anti poaching etc thing the animals as a whole have going for them,it's a business now

Kc i like your style,never enough horsepower.
Old 07-31-2015, 06:49 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 267 Likes on 234 Posts

To paraphrase Patrick McManus, a good hunting trip is a fine and pleasant misery!
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Its been brought to my attention that there is a o-ring on the lsn. When I had a look at the kiddies drawing that saito provide I could see what I thought was a flat washer but I guess it ain't . Good news if that's all you need . check it out on the Saito thread on rcgroups . cheers the pope
Thats what I said a few posts back! I couldn't see it being any different than the carb on the 100.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:21 PM
FNQFLYER

Old Fart re hunting the biggest defender of crocs in the Territory is also in favour of limited hunting. Permits at $10,000 per unit, run by the indigenous because it is the only way to protect habitat and the animal in the long run. In other words make it worth something. Re "o" rings, I have said it before and I'll repeat it for those who missed it. Go to your local airfield (one that has a/c engineering hangers), go to the spare parts suppliers and they should be able to get you what you need if they don't already have it in stock. They even have guages etc to size and /or calculate the right size
Old 08-01-2015, 02:53 AM
Rudolph Hart

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
To paraphrase Patrick McManus, a good hunting trip is a fine and pleasant misery!
Well said mate.

Popey the little weener thing is used to describe or put down something you disagree with whether it be cars you think are to loud or powerfull to the colour of some guys socks you don't like.Nowadays you should probably be thankful for fast food chains and supermarkets,the people who supply them are doing your killing for you.

This isn't aimed at you either popey because i know you are a really nice guy and i reckon barry might forgive you if you step out of the house and take a big breath of fresh air then race down to the nearest honda 2000 sports car dealer and start burning some rubber,maybe.

Trev ten thousand dollars a croc sounds like a lot of money and since the salties have been protected from the middle 1970's there are now lots of them up north,on a dry season if their waterhole drys out you can stumble across them on a dry plain miles from water and not to happy.One time up north i was drinking in a riverside pub and the locals were howling at the moon by midnight and reckoned you don't need to walk across the bridge to cross the river.Just leap down the bank and you can tip toe across the salties backs and not even get your feet wet.Back in the 70's you could cruise up the river in a small tinnie with someone on the spotlight,lots of eyes and my mate used a 375 holland and holland did the job well.A darwin mate sent me a pic of a salty from the adelaide river he's been making a bit of trouble for small boat fishers by biting them and their outboards,they say he hates the sound of two strokes,can't see a problem.They had him draped fore and aft on a tandem trailer and he hung over both ends i reckon he could swallow your average swamp alligator without so much as a burp or a fart plus it's scary to stand in shoulder high waving brown grass surround by scrub and hear two seconds worth of hooves digging into hard dirt and a big black buff charges out of dense scrub head and horns down fifty feet away,it's enough to give a weener a heart attack.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Cougar429

Howdee. I'm back, (and the caffeine is kicking in.......)

I took some pics of the LSN O-ring. First shows the throttle arm assembled and the next with it off. The O-ring can be seen as it surrounds the LSN where it threads into the barrel. With it out of place you can see the recess machined into the end.

If everything smooth a new O-ring will slip into place and compress to seal a bit better when the arm is reinstalled. That compression also increases friction to prevent the LSN from turning once adjusted, identical in purpose to the spring clip on the HSN.

That tiny O-ring can be spotted in the lower left of the carb gasket kit.

Sorry for the rather bad pic quality. Using a different and unfamiliar camera and I think with poor Macro capability.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0002.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	2112188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0006.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	2112189   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0007.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	2112190   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0008.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	2112191   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2112192   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0012.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	2112193  

Last edited by Cougar429; 08-01-2015 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 04:32 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Old Fart
If you mean the 45 long colt it was one of my favourites and could be loaded well in excess of factory loadings in a strong revolver like the ruger super redhawk.

The .454 Casull is basically a 45 Long Colt loaded to max pressure. Just like the .357 Mag, the case is lengthened slightly to preclude loading it in the shorter 38sec/45 LC chambers respectively.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 08-01-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:22 AM
blw

I like the Pope. Just ask him. He'll tell you. Of course, having a S2000 is a redemption factor. As much as I love the cars, the Mach III is even cooler. I saw a beautiful Honda Shadow yesterday, btw.

Pope, you unwittingly proved the points we have been trying to get you to see- it ain't all about guns. The lion was killed by an arrow.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a7_1413681900

Last edited by blw; 08-01-2015 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:06 PM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by blw
I like the Pope. Just ask him. He'll tell you. Of course, having a S2000 is a redemption factor. As much as I love the cars, the Mach III is even cooler. I saw a beautiful Honda Shadow yesterday, btw.

Pope, you unwittingly proved the points we have been trying to get you to see- it ain't all about guns. The lion was killed by an arrow.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7a7_1413681900
I may have understood wrong, but I thought that the initial hit was with an arrow, but after tracking the injured lion for several ours it was finally killed with a gun? Maybe another bad judgment call, using a bow and arrow to kill a 600 pound lion? I heard that Cecil's' brother was injured/killed by an illegal hunter. Did Palmer disappear from the US back to take out the whole adult male family?

Sincerely, Richard
Old 08-01-2015, 03:12 PM
FNQFLYER

Old Fart, on crocs before Steve Irwin blew millions (yes millions) stopping the proposed croc culling on the cape, people were lining up at $10,000 a pop to get a permit. It was supposed to put money and work back into the communities but the greenies stopped all that. Now to serious stuff how do you get the crap out of crap trap filters, any ideas. Did the reverse flow thing but not 100% satisfactory. Oh yes did I tell you about the crocs who used to way to the tourists going to Port Douglas when they crossed the Mowbray River or the Belgian who waded into the water to get a better close up of the 10 foot saltie or the pommie who waded out across the mud flats at the Cairns casino to get a similar photo. Got lots of stories like that
Old 08-01-2015, 03:36 PM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
The .454 Casull is basically a 45 Long Colt loaded to max pressure. Just like the .357 Mag, the case is lengthened slightly to preclude loading it in the shorter 38sec/45 LC chambers respectively.
Maybe that round would take out an armadillo? A .38 didn't.
[h=1]Texas man shoots armadillo, bullet ricochets back into his face[/h][h=3]Animal's status unknown because authorities were unable to find it[/h]Thomson Reuters Posted: Jul 31, 2015 7:09 PM ET Last Updated: Aug 01, 2015 8:42 AM ET

[h=3]A Texas man was wounded after he fired a gun at an armadillo in his yard and the bullet ricocheted back to hit him in his face, the county sheriff said Friday.[/h]

Cass County Sheriff Larry Rowe said the man, who was not identified, went outside his home in Marietta, Texas, at around 3 a.m. local time Thursday morning. He spotted the armadillo on his property and opened fire.
"His wife was in the house. He went outside and took his .38 revolver and shot three times at the armadillo," Rowe said.
The animal's hard shell deflected at least one of three bullets, which then struck the man's jaw, he said.
The man was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where his jaw was wired shut, according to Rowe.
The status of the animal is unknown.
"We didn't find the armadillo," the sheriff said.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.