Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Welcome to Club SAITO !

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 02:21 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ledesma45
hahaha, you cracked me up pope, you don't need to be jealous, i have no clue i guess, i just have a credit card that takes care of that for me, let me share a pic or two for yr eyes only, don't be sharing it and telling yr internet friends that those are yrs. I think is time to start getting the clue in here, i guess just like guns is not for everybody, specially for you POPE, RC is not for me!!!. hahaha Maybe, i've been wasting my time with guns. hahaha
I like the decathlon hanging on the wall,does it have an 82 in it,nicer looking harvard than mine but it's disqualified...no saito in it

Richard that's a mean looking greeneyed monster which reminds me.Dave you know victory mc is no more and polaris are concentrating on the indian mc side with a release of three new models now.Unless i read the spec sheet wrong they quote a weight that makes your harley look like a speedway bike.520 to 535 kg's at a rough guess that's 1100 pounds,how many of them in a ton? dad always said don't ride anything you can't pick up drunk son.

Just finished a boss hog in denim black and handed it back to the owner who makes crocodile dundee look like a midget.It's got a six litre chevy in it with nice chromed rocker covers and he said would you like to ride it
Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Well Pete, Victory/Polaris did it to themselves, they tried so hard to not look like Harley's they ended up super ugly. I get Cycle World and Motorcyclist magazines and have been following that story.

I have an empty .82 crankcase, I keep toying with the idea of filling it, expensive though.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:55 AM
ledesma45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Old Fart;12310579]I like the decathlon hanging on the wall,does it have an 82 in it,nicer looking harvard than mine but it's disqualified...no saito in it

Thanks, it does have a .82, then next to it is a 182, it has a saito 150, don't know about the harvard that your talking about.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:21 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 271 Likes on 236 Posts

I wish I had that kind of wall space for storage in my garage. I have a work bench shelves and storage drawers covering the walls right now. My available storage is limited to a small area of ceiling space not under the garage doors and the bottom side of a large overheard shelf above the workbench.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:08 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Spaceworm, you bring up an interesting point about moderators. Dave and I pretty much agree that we are willing to give the Saito Club thread latitude for some joking, etc. We certainly have had some interesting off topic discussions. As a moderator I would hate to do anything to mess up this long thread. My browser shows this as page 1330! So, we will continue to try and let the fun continue and we will also continue to make wrong decisions from time to time about what to let slide vs what is inappropriate. And, Dave and I will have differing views depending on the time of day, how family life is going, or guessing wrongly at the intention of what was posted. To tell the truth, I feel that all the members who read and post here have been the ones to keep the thread weaving a path that is always about Saitos in the end, and the members seem to sense what is proper and what isn't. It hasn't been because of moderators, imo. It wasn't always so peaceful if one was here for the Konrad wars, Bruce, TexasSkyPilot rampages, and the other mental defects. Of course everyone should consider what you said too as it is valid.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:23 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Hey Pope, look up the shark vs human kill ratio when using 12 ga shotgun shells. You may be surprised at how many humans didn't want to become fast food for a dumb fish.

I've been downrange many times as a teenager or in the service when the fast mover bullets whizzed by closely. Hearing a small caliber bullet crack the air as it is flying near your ears is a wonderful sound. I used to make max loads for little 130 gr spire point bullets fired from a 30.30 and they sounded really good. Even little 90 and 110 gr plinker bullets would crack almost as nicely when they went wild and became unstable. Bigger bullets sound good too. We used to fire .50 cal machine guns at a range where old APCs were parked. If you hit the sides of the armor at an angle the rounds would either ricochet or penetrate and you could hear them rattling around and around inside. The vets from Nam would always talk about how much meat one of those bullets could tear up whizzing around inside like that with because they usually went around the inner walls 20 or 30 times before stopping.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:09 AM
FlyerInOKC

Makes you wonder what was safer sitting in the APC or out in the open trying to find a hole to hide in?
Old 02-27-2017, 12:46 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

I just like to rattle Pope's cage every so often. I know how much he loves it too! LOL

I had a friend who passed a few years ago, whose dad owned the last gun shop in Chicago, and he was a machinist as well, so he could machine the parts needed to make a .50 cal fully automatci, and had one mounted in a jeep. We went out to his farm in WI one day, he said he needed help to take down an old oak tree, so I brought my chain saw. When we arrived I grabbed the saw and he said, what's that for? Aren't we cutting down a tree, Yeah, but not with that.

We walk to his barn and he pulls the cover off his jeep, and I see the machine gun for the first time. He said grab those cases, man they were heavy, full ammo cans for the 50. We drive out to the field, he loads the gun up and off we go. Man, that was great taking down that old oak with a 50 cal. Good thing there was a hill behind it, as a good amount of them went through the tree, he had tracers mixed in.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM
RH

I'm running an FA-100 that I bought used from a friend some time ago. It has been running just fine, but the muffler is really starting to be a problem. When I bought it the muffler was reasonably tight and had had a hole drilled through the muffler base and the adapter with a small bolt through it. I had it off the plane to do some maintenance and noticed that the muffler was really getting loose. I pulled it apart and the threads are almost completely stripped. So, time for a new muffler and adapter. But it appears that buying one won't be so easy. On the Horizon site they are listed as discontinued (confirmed by a tech). I searched here and it appears that others have come across the same problem. However, I didn't see any suggestions about another source. Is anyone aware of one? Apparently this is the same muffler for the 91.

Are there any third party mufflers that might fit that adapter?

Rick...
Old 02-27-2017, 04:51 PM
RH

Now for a second question. This one is regarding a New in the Box FA-40 that I got from the same guy. I decided to break this one out and find a plane for it. It's a pretty engine, the muffler is still wrapped in cellophane. Well the barrel of the carb is frozen tight. Looks like some corrosion between the barrel and the body. I soaked it in PB Blaster for a couple of days and it still won't budge.

On the same call to Horizon about the 100, I asked the tech about this one too. Their web site does not list a full carb in the parts list. The tech couldn't find one either. He had no suggestions. So I haven't had much luck today. Anyone have any ideas where I might find a replacement for that carb?

Rick...
Old 02-27-2017, 04:52 PM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by RH
I'm running an FA-100 that I bought used from a friend some time ago. It has been running just fine, but the muffler is really starting to be a problem. When I bought it the muffler was reasonably tight and had had a hole drilled through the muffler base and the adapter with a small bolt through it. I had it off the plane to do some maintenance and noticed that the muffler was really getting loose. I pulled it apart and the threads are almost completely stripped. So, time for a new muffler and adapter. But it appears that buying one won't be so easy. On the Horizon site they are listed as discontinued (confirmed by a tech). I searched here and it appears that others have come across the same problem. However, I didn't see any suggestions about another source. Is anyone aware of one? Apparently this is the same muffler for the 91.

Are there any third party mufflers that might fit that adapter?

Rick...
Look at RC Specialties for their Turboheader. Dave can tell you all about them.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:57 PM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by RH
Now for a second question. This one is regarding a New in the Box FA-40 that I got from the same guy. I decided to break this one out and find a plane for it. It's a pretty engine, the muffler is still wrapped in cellophane. Well the barrel of the carb is frozen tight. Looks like some corrosion between the barrel and the body. I soaked it in PB Blaster for a couple of days and it still won't budge.

On the same call to Horizon about the 100, I asked the tech about this one too. Their web site does not list a full carb in the parts list. The tech couldn't find one either. He had no suggestions. So I haven't had much luck today. Anyone have any ideas where I might find a replacement for that carb?

Rick...
Try heating the carb with a Monokote heat gun or hairdryer. Gently try rotating the barrel with small back and forth turns. It should free up after a while. Don't force it too much and break it.(ask me how I know not to do this) Good luck
Old 02-27-2017, 05:57 PM
acdii

Soaking it in denatured alcohol can hep degum if its gummed up oil keeping it locked a lot easier than PB Blaster.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:21 PM
the pope

Originally Posted by acdii
I just like to rattle Pope's cage every so often. I know how much he loves it too! LOL
Yes u r a cheeky little monkey !
Old 02-27-2017, 06:52 PM
acdii

Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 PM
the pope

From the family photo album ? Maybe monkey vs preditor
Old 02-28-2017, 03:21 AM
Rudolph Hart

Popey you promised never to post a picture of ma google 50cal ric oh shays and watch the guy get his earmuffs knocked off,still want me to pop over with the nail gun?

If somebody says that carby barrel is seized because it got a sniff of castor somewhere i'll go as crazy as popo is...

Nice letter barry
Old 02-28-2017, 04:00 AM
Hobbsy

A bullet proof product that in most cases will get you about 200 to 250 rpm over the stock exhaust and with the right angle adapter is very easy to hide in a cowl.
http://www.rcspecialties.net/products.php?model=TH12X1A

The pictures show the 2.20 stock exhaust and the TH, look at the weight difference.

As to the .40a, the barrel should not be all that difficult to get loose.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Saito 2.20 TH weight.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	2203356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saito 2.20 stock muffler weight.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2203357  
Old 02-28-2017, 04:42 AM
the pope

Originally Posted by Old Fart
Popey you promised never to post a picture of ma google 50cal ric oh shays and watch the guy get his earmuffs knocked off,still want me to pop over with the nail gun?

If somebody says that carby barrel is seized because it got a sniff of castor somewhere i'll go as crazy as popo is...

Nice letter barry
How about a link ?Google didnt work . Bring that nail gun over and I'll nail your ass to the wall ! Admit it that pic is u after a nite on the turps .
Old 02-28-2017, 04:47 AM
Hobbsy

The guy who played that creature was 7" 3"
Old 02-28-2017, 05:11 AM
the pope

those were some of my fav. movies . Better than that gay La La land crap . Funny how the preditor ones they gave crap reviews were the ones I liked best . Now that gun he has on his shoulder is one I would have . Did the pope just say that ? Its open season on stingrays here in Aus .
Old 02-28-2017, 05:18 AM
Hobbsy

We rarely watch regular TV where you have to dial your IQ to sub 5 to watch them, you have to observe your friends and loved and soon you'll learn that when some say a certain movie was terrible, it will be a great one.

My Saito .65 ended up in the wrong end of Virginia for some reason, the tracking number says it was out for delivery yesterday 400 miles from here. Wow.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:48 AM
Hobbsy

The .65 is currently in a Post Office 314.6 miles from here, I talked to a real nice lady there, she says the address is correct and she has no idea why t's there instead of here.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:19 AM
spaceworm

Originally Posted by blw
Spaceworm, you bring up an interesting point about moderators. Dave and I pretty much agree that we are willing to give the Saito Club thread latitude for some joking, etc. We certainly have had some interesting off topic discussions. As a moderator I would hate to do anything to mess up this long thread. My browser shows this as page 1330! So, we will continue to try and let the fun continue and we will also continue to make wrong decisions from time to time about what to let slide vs what is inappropriate. And, Dave and I will have differing views depending on the time of day, how family life is going, or guessing wrongly at the intention of what was posted. To tell the truth, I feel that all the members who read and post here have been the ones to keep the thread weaving a path that is always about Saitos in the end, and the members seem to sense what is proper and what isn't. It hasn't been because of moderators, imo. It wasn't always so peaceful if one was here for the Konrad wars, Bruce, TexasSkyPilot rampages, and the other mental defects. Of course everyone should consider what you said too as it is valid.
I am totally good with that, thanks.

Sincerely, Richard
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180
Old 02-28-2017, 08:07 AM
FlyerInOKC

Originally Posted by RH

Rick...

I would but it in the oven at about 250 F for 20 to 30 mins then try to rotate it. Once free immediately flood it with after engine run oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.