Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Club MAGNUM !

Old 09-10-2005, 09:56 AM
IronCross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club MAGNUM !

Tower had them for 145 last month with there 25.00 off thing going...
Old 09-10-2005, 10:47 AM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

wow ! i didnt see that ! but i did order me the YS110, ive been eyeing for a long time and the 25.00 off thing was just enough to push to hit the buy now button...lol just hope there as good as everyone says, heck i coulda had 2 mag 91's for that price.
Old 09-10-2005, 12:05 PM
RC-Captain

SALE SALE SALE ....................this is clearly not about which engine is the best but , what engine cost the less and provides the most reliable flight.

I am wondering how many of you would continue to buy the pot luck magnums is OS began to drop their prices to beat competition. My guess would be all of you .
Old 09-10-2005, 01:04 PM
IronCross

ORIGINAL: RC-FIEND

SALE SALE SALE ....................this is clearly not about which engine is the best but , what engine cost the less and provides the most reliable flight.

I am wondering how many of you would continue to buy the pot luck magnums is OS began to drop their prices to beat competition. My guess would be all of you .
Don't think I would hold my breath until OS does that Your missing the whole point here lad... It is about the most engine for the dollar and Mag is the winner... If it wasn't bang for the buck this thread would probably be a YS thread...
Old 09-10-2005, 01:27 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

[b]FIEND:

You have a $300 OS in your plane. It flies your plane nicely, the OS is after all, a good engine.

Then another flier comes to your field with the exact plane/radio/servo combination, the only difference in the two planes is a $160 Magnum engine in the nose.

On the ground you have to look closely at them to tell the difference. in the air you can not tell any difference at all in their performance.

Any reasonable person would be forced to conclude the Magnum engine was $140 better than the OS.

Q. E. D.

Bill.
Old 09-10-2005, 01:41 PM
William Robison

[b]ADDENDDUM to my last:

I have to add that when I get there with the same plane/radio/servo combination differing by having a $300 Saito in the nose of mine, I'll blow you both away since I will not only be lighter, I'll have more power.

Haw.

Bill.

EDITED TO ADD: And the fellow with the YS (wont mention price) wil blow the three of us off the field. Haw again. wr.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:15 PM
RC-Captain

William Robison ,

I understand where everyone is coming from , but after flying my trainer with a OS .70S II on it ,hand started it every time, landed with engine running, engine wasn't so hot it would cook an egg, fuel consumption was so minimum I had to be in the air for 25 min. each of the 4 flights I had, thats when I say OS is the way for me and will be until I buy another brand that holds true to the good running engine standards.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:51 PM
IronCross

William Robison ,

I understand where everyone is coming from , but after flying my trainer with a OS .70S II on it ,hand started it every time, landed with engine running, engine wasn't so hot it would cook an egg, fuel consumption was so minimum I had to be in the air for 25 min. each of the 4 flights I had, thats when I say OS is the way for me and will be until I buy another brand that holds true to the good running engine standards.
So buy a Magnum !!!.. Then have a couple beers with the money left over you saved.... Will help kill the pain when you realize how much money you wasted on the OS..
Old 09-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Rupurt

After today, I am gonna take the plunge and convert my twin to cdi. The glow plugs are really Pi#@&ng me off[:'(]. I know I am gonna get it for posting this but what the hell. This is not a magnum problem just a magnum engine.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:43 AM
65 Chevy
My Feedback: (1)

Great... Good... Glad to hear you like your OS's. So quit being negative, go join your own OS Lovers Club and leave the rest of us alone. Os is just trying to get the prices down to get back to reality and is sacrificing quality to do it. But you don't see any of us going to YOUR OS Lovers thread and raining on your parade...... GEEZ... let it go
Old 09-11-2005, 05:04 AM
65 Chevy

Hi Guys, Does anyone have experience with a Magnum XLS .91A. I have a total dog of a OS 91FX. that I need to replace. That darn old OS just does not make any power. After two gallons of fuel and OS recommended brake in procedure, I can not even get this OS 91 to turn 11,000 with a MAS 12 X 6 prop on WildCat 15% fuel with 18% oil. The OS is getting sold... LHS will not take it back and if I send it in to Tower, they will just try to fix it or tell me it is not a warranty problem. Bill Baxter has tried to be helpful, but only suggests that I can not tune an engine. (after doing this for 10 years and having several OS gurus in my club do just what Bill Baxter suggested)

No OS bashing intended, I just have a lemon... Any experience with the Mag XLS 91 would be appreciated
Old 09-11-2005, 07:57 AM
RC-Captain

Great... Good... Glad to hear you like your OS's. So quit being negative, go join your own OS Lovers Club and leave the rest of us alone. Os is just trying to get the prices down to get back to reality and is sacrificing quality to do it. But you don't see any of us going to YOUR OS Lovers thread and raining on your parade...... GEEZ... let it go

Will there ever be a thread were everyone can act like ADULTS ?

This is a forum, a place where people gather to express their opinions and ideas. If you can't handle that then maybe you need to decide not to respond to certain post.

You are clearly trolling because other people expressed their dislike for MAG engines and you didn't respond to them. So cut the act and grow up.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:02 AM
IronCross

Will there ever be a thread were everyone can act like ADULTS ?

This is a forum, a place where people gather to express their opinions and ideas. If you can't handle that then maybe you need to decide not to respond to certain post.

You are clearly trolling because other people expressed their dislike for MAG engines and you didn't respond to them. So cut the act and grow up.
Fiend. Go back and read the title of this thread.. It is "Club Magnum".. For people who enjoy Mag engines and want to share the experiance ... Not for people to try and justify the exorbatant amount they paid for there inferior OS engine... No one forced you to buy the OS, live with it.
Old 09-11-2005, 02:03 PM
RC-Captain

Fiend. Go back and read the title of this thread.. It is "Club Magnum".. For people who enjoy Mag engines and want to share the experiance ... Not for people to try and justify the exorbatant amount they paid for there inferior OS engine... No one forced you to buy the OS, live with it.

You go back and read what the thread starter said in his first post and report back to me.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:05 PM
65 Chevy

ORIGINAL: SigMan

welcome to Club Magnum ! these thread was created as a sounding board and a place to post picks of any magnum engines that been modified or not!
This is what the first post says...
Is this report enough or do you need this to be spelled out more clearly...
Old 09-11-2005, 03:35 PM
RC-Captain

OK , sounds like there are a few sore people in here, so I will move onto one of the other thousand threads on RCU

Salud....
Old 09-11-2005, 04:49 PM
SigMan
My Feedback: (21)

please folks, cant we all just get along?[sm=sunsmiley.gif]
Old 09-11-2005, 05:18 PM
65 Chevy

ORIGINAL: Bolt_locker

Hi Guys, Does anyone have experience with a Magnum XLS .91A. I have a total dog of a OS 91FX. that I need to replace. That darn old OS just does not make any power. After two gallons of fuel and OS recommended brake in procedure, I can not even get this OS 91 to turn 11,000 with a MAS 12 X 6 prop on WildCat 15% fuel with 18% oil. The OS is getting sold... LHS will not take it back and if I send it in to Tower, they will just try to fix it or tell me it is not a warranty problem. Bill Baxter has tried to be helpful, but only suggests that I can not tune an engine. (after doing this for 10 years and having several OS gurus in my club do just what Bill Baxter suggested)

No OS bashing intended, I just have a lemon... Any experience with the Mag XLS 91 would be appreciated
Anyone have experience with this engine?
Old 09-12-2005, 06:55 AM
FrancisPerson

Is a Magnum .28 any good? What size prop will it turn? I want to put it on a 3 and 1/2 lb Junior Tiger.

Francis

What RPM numbers with what prop ?
Old 09-12-2005, 07:55 AM
seanychen
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: Bolt_locker

I had an ASP (Magnum) 91 XLS. It's pretty good in power, swinging APC 12x8 @ over 12000 rpm,I think I even got up to 12500. Idle is OK, about 2500 reliably w/ APC 12x8, not impressively low. With APC 15x4W, I think I got 11000 rpm, and can idle reliably lower. Its midrange is a little sloppy, even after careful fine-tuning of the idle screw. But it doesn't result in flame-out like the Magnum 52 XLS. For just over $100 new, this engine is a very good value, and would be perfect for any sport-speed application. 3D is not that appropriate, as its spool-up and midrange aren't that impressive. I gave this engine to my friend, to whom I owe a lot of favors. What plane are you using the .91 for?
Old 09-12-2005, 08:50 AM
65 Chevy

I was planning on using the 91 XLS on a Tower Hobbies Uproar 60 that I fly for sport and 3D. If it has midrange issues, I will probably keep looking. Thanks for the report
Old 09-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Kurppi

You may be right Bill, I didn't check the compression before tearing the engine apart but I put the intake and exhaust valve puhrods apart fom each other on my workbench not to install them to each others place mistakenly. Of course this doesnt mean that I did reinstalled them correctly ) I am not at my homecity right now but i will check as soon as i return. By the way I really appreciate any information on the .91 RFS.

Thanks
Evren
Old 09-13-2005, 12:38 PM
William Robison

[b]Evren:

Don't worry too much about it. When all the parts are new and never run, they will all interchange; nothing has started wearing in. But because of production tolerances switching parts can cause the settings to be deifferent if all aren't put where they were at the start.

It is also definitely possible the valves were not adjusted properly at the factory. A few days ago I did a first check on a Saito FA-100, fresh out of the box, it had never been run. The valves were set with a gap more than 0.010" instead of the 0.0015" to 0.004" specification.

Bill.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:09 AM
65 Chevy

Hello Fellas,
Question for you guys. I have a Magnum Xl 61RFS 4 stroker, that I would like to use on a PA BadBoy Profile for 3D flight. I am thinking about using an APC 12 X 5 or 12 X 4 prop on it. The plane weighs about 4 pounds 4 ounces Complete and dry. Any recommendations? Anyone using this engine for 3D?
Thanks in advance for your help
Old 09-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Bodge

I have had the ASP 61 FS in a profile model and it flew very well - not too much acceleration out of a hover but it worked well. It was a great 3D practice model because it could fly so slowly. Eventually I changed the motor for a Jen 56 and promptly destroyed the model after an engine cutout.

I think a 12 x 4 would be a little small, 12 x 5 might be okay - I had good results with a 13 x 4 APC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.