Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2224

Thread: Club Enya

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Club Enya

I was checking out an Enya 50 CX, but I don't know Enyas all that well. Is it a screamer or torquer type of engine? What use is it best suited for?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had a spontaneous buying decision and picked up a low time/possibly new Enya .60 4 stroke. Looks like a 13x6 is a good prop from what I read. I'm not sure what I'm going to put it on, but probably a .40 size sport plane. Any suggestions on a plane, and a break-in regime in case it is new? Are these ringed engines (I assume so)?

I've wanted an Enya 4-stroke for awhile but didn't find the right deal. I hope I didn't pay too much at $120.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Except for a major mishap the Enya engines tend to last seemingly forever, plus they command decent prices when resold too.
    Sounds like a good deal to me.
    Since there are so many 40 size planes out there, just about any of them would work. It really depends on your skill level for flying as to what plane to choose. Plus what you like too.

Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: earlwb

Except for a major mishap the Enya engines tend to last seemingly forever, plus they command decent prices when resold too.
    Since there are so many 40 size planes out there, just about any of them would work. It really depends on your skill level for flying as to what plane to choose. Plus what you like too.

I'm still a beginner, and haven't flown yet so I don't know what I'll want to do. A biplane looks really sweet but I don't know how they are to fly. My trainer will be a Mig-27 foam drone plane that I'm going to add a rudder and landing gear to. This will fly with my sportster .65 or my ST S90K.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey all you Enya freaks. There's an Enya 80 on Fleabay right now going for $80.00. It cycled once with now buyers. I'd snap it up but I have a .46 and a 1.55 that I right now have no use for.

Cheers,
    Bill
    If it ain\'\'\'\'t broke, don\'\'\'\'t fix it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's an 80-4C for $65 too. I saw an R155 with a buy it now for $591.36. Crazy.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The $65.00 Enya 80 might be the same guy who listed it last time with no buyers at $80.00. Darn I'm tempted but my motorcycle is sucking up all my $ right now. Do I really need another 4C that I have no ride for?

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I saw that but I am pretty well fixed up for engines at this time. I bought a new R155 from someone in Australia a while back plus another guy sold me a Saito 150 from that country too. I could not pass them up for the prices they were offered at.
    I have a Enya 80 already too.  I did break down and got another R120 more recently though.
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a 25 year old Enya 80C in excellant shape that I need to put in a plane. Do you guys have a suggestion as to a good sport plane I could l put it in?
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most any larger size plane made for a .45, .46, or .50 size two stroke engine would work. These planes are bigger than the .40 size planes of old. The .80 is fairly big and heavy so you don't want a long nosed plane per se, as you might have trouble balancing it then. A smaller old style .60 plane would work too. These .60 planes were made for the old style loop scavenged .60 engines before Schnuerle porting made the engines much bigger and more powerful causing the planes to get larger too.

AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Earl.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ust got a 15-III but no muffler any one have one they whant to sell
    charlie AMA 8916
    WACO brotherhood #67

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: lazyace
    ust got a 15-III but no muffler any one have one they whant to sell
    Contact shtterman on Ebay http://myworld.ebay.com/shtterman/?_trksid=p4340.l2559
    He sells the Enya parts and engines on Ebay. Even if he doesn't have on posted onEbay he can likely get one for you as he orders fromEnya a lot.

AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was going to post a couple pictures of my new jewel, but I forgot to. Here's the 60-4C I picked up. The owner got it in a trade and doesnt know its history, or if its even run. From the pictures, either they cleaned it up really well or it hasnt ran much/at all. No box or instructions, or tools. Will regular set of automotive feeler gauges be sufficient for setting valve lash or do I need to hit the hobby shop? Also, IF this engine has not ran, whats the best course of action to break it in? I've read about breaking them in slow and easing the rpm up little bits at a time, unlike 2-strokes that get broke in at WOT..

When I get the engine, I'll pickup a remote glow driver. My NiCd glow drivers are too long I think.

GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

I had a spontaneous buying decision and picked up a low time/possibly new Enya .60 4 stroke. Looks like a 13x6 is a good prop from what I read. I'm not sure what I'm going to put it on, but probably a .40 size sport plane. Any suggestions on a plane, and a break-in regime in case it is new? Are these ringed engines (I assume so)?

I've wanted an Enya 4-stroke for awhile but didn't find the right deal. I hope I didn't pay too much at $120.

You bought a great engine. I have several of them.

Good planes for this engine are the Great Planes Super Sportster 40 (or Chinese knock-off of same), and the Goldberg or Great Planes Piper Cub, kit or ARF. You are right in that a 13x6 is a great prop for this engine. So is a 12x7 or 8 when powering a low wing model.

As has been said, this engine is capable of outlasting the owner.

Don't let the raggedy exhaust note bother you (unmuffled and muffled - sold both ways). The guys at the field loved the sound of my 60 and 80 Enya four-stroke engines, with and without the muffler.

Enjoy!

Ed Cregger
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most any larger size plane made for a .45, .46, or .50 size two stroke engine would work. These planes are bigger than the .40 size planes of old. The .80 is fairly big and heavy so you don't want a long nosed plane per se, as you might have trouble balancing it then. A smaller old style .60 plane would work too. These .60 planes were made for the old style loop scavenged .60 engines before Schnuerle porting made the engines much bigger and more powerful causing the planes to get larger too.

The Enya 80-4C is actually a bored out .60-4C and is the same exact size on the outside. I love both of these engines with a passion that borders on the unhealthy.

I agree with your recommendation on the size of the model for either version of this engine (.60 & .80, which is actually a .74).

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NM2K

Good planes for this engine are the Great Planes Super Sportster 40 (or Chinese knock-off of same), and the Goldberg or Great Planes Piper Cub, kit or ARF. You are right in that a 13x6 is a great prop for this engine. So is a 12x7 or 8 when powering a low wing model.

Don't let the raggedy exhaust note bother you (unmuffled and muffled - sold both ways). The guys at the field loved the sound of my 60 and 80 Enya four-stroke engines, with and without the muffler.

Enjoy!

Ed Cregger
    I've watched a few YouTube videos of these engines running, and I think all but one was muffled. Mine has some sort of muffler, but it doesnt look like the mufflers I've seen on other guys' engines. Here's a pic of the muffler on my engine:

How much castor is too much for one of these?
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DaveR

I was checking out an Enya 50 CX, but I don't know Enyas all that well. Is it a screamer or torquer type of engine? What use is it best suited for?

The Enya 50 CX is a screamer that will swing larger lumber if the need be, but you will be wasting its power doing so. Unfortunately, Enya dropped the AAC piston/liner of previous (smaller) CX engines and reverted to the older ABC type of piston/liner setup. Still, it is a great engine and a winner in my eyes.

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[quote]ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

[quote]ORIGINAL: NM2K

Enjoy!

Ed Cregger

I've watched a few YouTube videos of these engines running, and I think all but one was muffled. Mine has some sort of muffler, but it doesnt look like the mufflers I've seen on other guys' engines. Here's a pic of the muffler on my engine:

How much castor is too much for one of these?

Personally, I won't run more than 3 or 4% total castor through one of these engines. If you keep the mixture a tetch rich, you'll minimize carbonization. Again, running it rich, you don't really "need" any castor oil. Enya engines (the ball bearing/ringed type) get along just fine on all synthetic.

You paid a fair price for your engine.

Ed Cregger

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fair enough, Ed. Thanks for the information. I downloaded a copy of the instruction sheet for this engine as well, not that its *really* needed..
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There have been some great articles submitted here in the past on engine break-in. Maybe do a search "engine break-in". I will tell you that a slow break-in will reap you great rewards on an Enya. Think a rich castor mix of about 20% during break-in.. Figure on 4 or five 5, 5 minute runs and allow complete cool down between runs. Set your high speed needle rich so she blubbers a-bit. DO NOT rip off high RPM runs at first. After 4 or five cycled runs begin turnig up the wick a-bit with each succesive run. After about 8 - 10 runs total let her eat and dial in maximum RPM. Be patient. It's worth it Hey Ed or Jim please chime in here. I know I left something out. As far as two cycle Enyas go break them in the same way. You can maybe run an OS at full tilt during break-in but I don't even recommend that.

Cheers,
    Bill

I was going to post a couple pictures of my new jewel, but I forgot to. Here's the 60-4C I picked up. The owner got it in a trade and doesnt know its history, or if its even run. From the pictures, either they cleaned it up really well or it hasnt ran much/at all. No box or instructions, or tools. Will regular set of automotive feeler gauges be sufficient for setting valve lash or do I need to hit the hobby shop? Also, IF this engine has not ran, whats the best course of action to break it in? I've read about breaking them in slow and easing the rpm up little bits at a time, unlike 2-strokes that get broke in at WOT..

When I get the engine, I'll pickup a remote glow driver. My NiCd glow drivers are too long I think.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ram Jet

There have been some great articles submitted here in the past on engine break-in. Maybe do a search ''engine break-in''. I will tell you that a slow break-in will reap you great rewards on an Enya. Think a rich castor mix of about 20% during break-in.. Figure on 4 or five 5, 5 minute runs and allow complete cool down between runs. Set your high speed needle rich so she blubbers a-bit. DO NOT rip off high RPM runs at first. After 4 or five cycled runs begin turnig up the wick a-bit with each succesive run. After about 8 - 10 runs total let her eat and dial in maximum RPM. Be patient. It's worth it Hey Ed or Jim please chime in here. I know I left something out. As far as two cycle Enyas go break them in the same way. You can maybe run an OS at full tilt during break-in but I don't even recommend that.

Cheers,
    Bill

I have all different engines - ringed, lapped iron/steel, ABN, ABC, and a couple AAC's. Normally when I break-in a ringed engine, I run it sloppy for the first 16oz, then over another 32oz or so, lean it down in small increments. I do short runs on everything at first, and slowly lengthen the time they run. My other engines were ran WOT and set as rich as it would run on without glow assist. I just haven't broke in a ringed 4-stroke yet so I didnt know if they are ran-in the same way. I know higher rpm seats the ring faster but I'm only familiar with 2-stroke glow engines...

The instructions say break-in should be 1/2 hour on the bench and after 1-2 hours full power should be reached. That seems to be a little swift to me.

GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thought I'd mention theres a plethora of Enya 4-strokes that came up on the RCU marketplace today. Several .60's, a .46, a couple .53's, and a .90. All Used. The .60's have new o-rings, gaskets, and Bowman rings. Kinda spendy, but they're there if anyone wants them.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thought I'd mention theres a plethora of Enya 4-strokes that came up on the RCU marketplace today. Several .60's, a .46, a couple .53's, and a .90. All Used. The .60's have new o-rings, gaskets, and Bowman rings. Kinda spendy, but they're there if anyone wants them.

Thank you. I've never passed-up looking at an Enya for sale ad.

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ram Jet

Thank you. I've never passed-up looking at an Enya for sale ad.

Cheers,
    Bill
    I've been on these forums a long time, and since I got into Airboating and dealing with airplane engines, I've learned from others on here that an Enya is a hard to beat engine to have. I'm going to get into flying this year since I have several engines of various displacements from .29 up to .90 so I have LOTS of options for airplanes.

I should see my 60-4C by Wednesday, and that would make it my second Enya. Now to find a plane for it. A friend of mine suggested a Sky Raider II, but I haven't found a online store that has the kit in stock. All I've found are ARF kits and are out of stock. Anyone know where I could find a kit?
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Page 53 of 89 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast