Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2285

Thread: Club Enya

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Club Enya

ORIGINAL: 1QwkSport2.5r

Here's one I've never seen before.. Very odd looking.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Outrageous-l...item35bfe08035

Very interesting crarburetor. I'll bet it's early 50s. A .10 for $125.00. A-bit to rich for my blood. I'm happy to have my littler .09.

Cheers,
    Bill
    If it ain\'\'\'\'t broke, don\'\'\'\'t fix it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Forgive me if the answer is buried somewhere, but this is a biggggg thread to search.

I need to buy a new piston ring for a .53 4-cycle, because I spazzed out disassembling the engine . Is there a good domestic source, US or Canada?

Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.

Revver Bro #231

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I wonder how many of these engines (sold too a new owner)go right back on the shelf. A guy up by Ludington Michigan has rows and rows of Old Glow Engines just setting there.
    Imagination is far more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein.

http://www.lambertsrc.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MJD

Forgive me if the answer is buried somewhere, but this is a biggggg thread to search.

I need to buy a new piston ring for a .53 4-cycle, because I spazzed out disassembling the engine . Is there a good domestic source, US or Canada?

Frank Bowman is THE source for piston rings of nearly any model engine ever made. ringmaster46@msn.com

If you want the list of rings he has on-hand, PM me your email address and I'll forward the list to you.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    I don't need the Internet, my wife knows everything.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can't buy a better piston ring in the world than a Frank Bowman ring. Period! Ringmaster 46@msn.com.
    I suggest that you get an oversize ring and gap it to your specs. About .001" up to a 1.00 engine and .0015 above that. Those are Franks specs. He will also sell you one that is ready to install. His prices are VERY reasonable.

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

I wonder how many of these engines (sold too a new owner)*go right back on the shelf. A guy up by Ludington Michigan has rows and rows of Old Glow Engines just setting there.

I have Australian friend I met here who has nearly 100 engines in his collection. He big into Enyas too.

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Frank Bowman is THE source for piston rings of nearly any model engine ever made. ringmaster46@msn.com

If you want the list of rings he has on-hand, PM me your email address and I'll forward the list to you.

Ditto.

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

"captinjohn, I wonder how many of these engines (sold too a new owner) go right back on the shelf. A guy up by Ludington Michigan has rows and rows of Old Glow Engines just setting there. "

Heck took stock of my giant scale plans collection.

I'm in trouble!

2 years to build a big one.

I'm 41 years old

60 year life span. Probably more like 50 something with my bacon cheeseburger addiction!

19 years left to build

That's 9 planes.

I have over 100 sets of plans!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

''captinjohn, I wonder how many of these engines (sold too a new owner) go right back on the shelf. A guy up by Ludington Michigan has rows and rows of Old Glow Engines just setting there. ''

Heck took stock of my giant scale plans collection.

I'm in trouble!

2 years to build a big one.

I'm 41 years old

60 year life span. Probably more like 50 something with my bacon cheeseburger addiction!

19 years left to build

That's 9 planes.

I have over 100 sets of plans!

Can I be in your will? [8D] I will provide a nice home for that VT-240 you have... really I will..

Kidding aside, you better get building...
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks all - I sent an email to Frank asking about the .53 and for a product list.
    Sorry I'm late dear, I had to help my uncle Jack off his horse.

Revver Bro #231

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enya's are truly fabulous engines.  I have an Enya SS45 used briefly back in the 1970s. Then I left the hobby for twenty years. When I came back, I found this Enya in a bottom drawer in my garage (I had moved twice).   It was cruddy, nasty, fully involved in filthy oil, and god knows what else.  Well I cleaned the outside of it only, and discovered that it still turned over.   So, building a new ARF I decided to try and use this Enya but figured I better put it on a test stand first. 

I did this, primed it two or three times, and flipped it over.  Incredibly it started right up and ran smooth like a clock.  So I put it in my Hanger 9 Toledo Special and have been flying it ever since.   Oh, I forget to mention,  I used the same glow plug that was in it 20 years ago.    Nowadays I give this baby some after run oil and take a lot better care of her.    I have since acquired about 15 Enya's since then.   They are tier one engines without question.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jot1003

Enya's are truly fabulous engines.* I have an Enya SS45 used briefly back in the 1970s. Then I left the hobby for twenty years. When I came back, I found this Enya in a bottom drawer in my garage (I had moved twice).** It was cruddy, nasty, fully involved in filthy oil, and god knows what else.* Well I cleaned the outside of it only, and discovered that it still turned over.** So, building a new ARF I decided to try and use this Enya but figured I better put it on a test stand first.*

I did this, primed it two or three times, and flipped it over.* Incredibly it started right up and ran smooth like a clock.* So I put it in my Hanger 9 Toledo Special and have been flying it ever since.** Oh, I forget to mention,* I used the same glow plug that was in it 20 years ago.*** Nowadays I give this baby some after run oil and take a lot better care of her.*** I have since acquired about 15 Enya's since then.** They are tier one engines without question.

With the exeption of two Cox .049 TDs I haven't purchased any serious engines other than Enyas. I don't even consider another brand. My Enya collection runs from an .09 to a 1.55. I NEED a VT240 -just cuz.

Cheers,

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Ram Jet

Enya's are truly fabulous engines.* I have an Enya SS45 used briefly back in the 1970s. Then I left the hobby for twenty years. When I came back, I found this Enya in a bottom drawer in my garage (I had moved twice).** It was cruddy, nasty, fully involved in filthy oil, and god knows what else.* Well I cleaned the outside of it only, and discovered that it still turned over.** So, building a new ARF I decided to try and use this Enya but figured I better put it on a test stand first.*

I did this, primed it two or three times, and flipped it over.* Incredibly it started right up and ran smooth like a clock.* So I put it in my Hanger 9 Toledo Special and have been flying it ever since.** Oh, I forget to mention,* I used the same glow plug that was in it 20 years ago.*** Nowadays I give this baby some after run oil and take a lot better care of her.*** I have since acquired about 15 Enya's since then.** They are tier one engines without question.

With the exeption of two Cox .049 TDs I haven't purchased any serious engines other than Enyas. I don't even consider another brand. My Enya collection runs from an .09 to a 1.55. I NEED a VT240 -just cuz.

Cheers,

Bill
    I do like my Enyas, still getting used to the 60-4C (now with an Enya #3 plug!) but I am partial to my SuperTigres and K&B Sportsters. Enya really is first rate. The fit and finish is just phenomenal.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, inqureing minds want to know. Is life better in Enyaland with a #3 plug?

Bill

Cheers,

Bill
    I do like my Enyas, still getting used to the 60-4C (now with an Enya #3 plug!) but I am partial to my SuperTigres and K&B Sportsters. Enya really is first rate. The fit and finish is just phenomenal.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You're right..Enyas are not being imported to the US any longer, but you can do two things. 1. Google enya metal products and you will find the site in Japan. YOu can by direct if the engines you want are in stock. 2. You have a GOOD chance of finding the engines you want on Ebay. New and used. If you get a used one take good looks at the pictures and be prepare to disassembly and clean up the engine. You can even find new spare parts for enya engines if you need.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, inquring minds want to know. Is life better in Enyaland with a #3 plug?

Bill
    The engine runs exactly like it did before, albeit needing the airbleed a 1/2 turn richer than what it ran on the Fox idlebar or MC4C. It was tricky to keep it running when I dropped from WOT to idle. I did what I usually do with this engine, peak the high speed needle to absolute peak on the tach, drop to idle and get the transition as smooth as possible, then back to WOT and richen 300-500rpm. The first few times I ran it to WOT and back to idle, it quit. After 4 tries, I had the airbleed where it wanted to be, nearly closed. I ran it yesterday with the #3 plug for two (8)oz tanks of fuel and it just does not like to transition smoothly. It likes a slow, snotty rich idle mixture to transition good and not quit. Very smokey.

Once I got the low end adjusted, it ran fine. I was running a 12x6 prop at 9600rpm (peak is 10k) but I'm going to try my MAS 12x8 and APC 13x7 the next time I'm out.

Is it normal for these Enya 4-strokes to be rather "spitty" around the carb? My engine mount on my airboat was heavily sprayed with oil/fuel from the carb.

edit: I forgot to mention, I put the Enya plug in with one washer and made my own remote glow driver connector so the plug is in as far as it can be. I can tell the base of the plug is not flush with the inside of the combustion chamber as I expected it to be, I think its 1 thread short. Nonetheless, Its got an Enya plug and I'll keep that one in there and save my other 4-cycle plugs for the SuperTigres. They really seem to like hot plugs. My Enya SS30 has a McCoy MC59 with two washers and it loves it; Broke it in on the same plug thats in it, 2 gallons now. It also really likes 5N/25C fuel too.
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: NM2K

My Enya four-strokes seldom quit running, if ever, unless out of fuel, BUT that is after break-in. Break-in times vary considerably, depending on ambient temperature, fuel type, prop size, glow plug brand, etc. As Jim Garrahan used to tell me, keep it rich and you won't hurt a thing.

Ed Cregger
    Just a tad off topic here. My motorcycle guru is (was R.I.P.) a guy named Gordon Jennings. He said that you get the most power out of a two cycle engine by feeding it as much oil and fuel as it can ingest. I run everything, two and four cycle) on 20% lubricant. The caged ball bearings like fumes for oil but the piston, ring and cylinder love lots of oil. My neighbor is a motocross semi pro rascer and runs two cycles. He runs scarey fuel/oil ratios like 80:1. I think he's nuts but I don't tell him so.

Cheers,
    Bill
    The ratio of oil you run depends on what type of oil it is. When Gordon Jennings wrote his book, Two Stroke Tuners Handbook, he was referring to the bean oils and petroleum based oils available at that time. I raced at that time as well and used 20:1 Castrol R 40. Most of the newer synthetics run very well at 30-50:1. Amsoil has a couple of blends that will run at 100:1. I used their original two stroke oil at 120:1 in my Yamaha roadracing engine and it was still a little rich on oil. Gasoline blends run very different than alcohol fuels.
    Steel and Ceramic bearings for model engines
    5% discount for RCU members. Code: rcu

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RC-Bearings

ORIGINAL: NM2K

My Enya four-strokes seldom quit running, if ever, unless out of fuel, BUT that is after break-in. Break-in times vary considerably, depending on ambient temperature, fuel type, prop size, glow plug brand, etc. As Jim Garrahan used to tell me, keep it rich and you won't hurt a thing.

Ed Cregger
    Just a tad off topic here. My motorcycle guru is (was R.I.P.) a guy named Gordon Jennings. He said that you get the most power out of a two cycle engine by feeding it as much oil and fuel as it can ingest. I run everything, two and four cycle) on 20% lubricant. The caged ball bearings like fumes for oil but the piston, ring and cylinder love lots of oil. My neighbor is a motocross semi pro rascer and runs two cycles. He runs scarey fuel/oil ratios like 80:1. I think he's nuts but I don't tell him so.

Cheers,
    Bill
    The ratio of oil you run depends on what type of oil it is. When Gordon Jennings wrote his book, Two Stroke Tuners Handbook, he was referring to the bean oils and petroleum based oils available at that time. I raced at that time as well and used 20:1 Castrol R 40. Most of the newer synthetics run very well at 30-50:1. Amsoil has a couple of blends that will run at 100:1. I used their original two stroke oil at 120:1 in my Yamaha roadracing engine and it was still a little rich on oil. Gasoline blends run very different than alcohol fuels.
    "Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook" was written in 1973. Not that long ago and castor oil had long fallen out of favor by anyone in the know at that time. I suspect the Castrol brand of oil you ran had not a drop of castor bean oil in it. I used only Castrol two cycle oil in my 1973 Kaw H1 500. To paraphrase Mr. Jennings, "There is no logical reason to use Castor oil in any engine today in light of the quality of newer petroleum products." Castor oil is dirty, filthy crap and only has two things going for it; #1. It smells freakin' great when burned in an internal combustion engine, #2. It has terrific shear strength at very high operating temperatures. In the 20s, 30s, and 40s racers used castor oil because if it's tremendous shear strength and relatively poor quality petroleum oils. I happen to agree with Gordy, there is not logical reason to use castor oil anymore unless you want a lubricant that will mix with methanol.

Oh, you ought to take phone orders again. You didn't list the bearings for my Enya .46 4C and I couldn't talk to anyone so . . . I do still use the Amsoil litheum grease you recommended for the lower unit of my K&B 3.5 outboard though.

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Only some kind of nut would use internal combustion engines when we have brushless electric motors today.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You're right..Enyas are not being imported to the US any longer, but you can do two things. 1. Google enya metal products and you will find the site in Japan. YOu can by direct if the engines you want are in stock. 2. You have a GOOD chance of finding the engines you want on Ebay. New and used. If you get a used one take good looks at the pictures and be prepare to disassembly and clean up the engine. You can even find new spare parts for enya engines if you need.
    I'm a late commer to this thread but I'd like to sing the praises of purshasing Enyas direct from Enya. URL bellow

ENYA METAL PRODUCTS

Ken Enya is a very nice gentleman to deal with. His service is second to none.
    We have a Enya agent here in Australia but they only offer about 1/4 of the range that Enya make so we deal direct with Ken.

Cheers

Fredo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Only some kind of nut would use internal combustion engines when we have brushless electric motors today.
    I love the Brusless Electric motor you use for your avitar.......LOL

Fredo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Says he with a photo of an Enya VT240 next to his comments. What's your hobby? Flying or maintaining batteries? I have a soft spot for electrics too.

Cheers,

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PWF63

You're right..Enyas are not being imported to the US any longer, but you can do two things.** 1.* Google* enya metal products and you will find the site in Japan.* YOu can by direct if the engines you want are in stock.*** 2. You have a GOOD chance of finding the engines you want on Ebay.** New* and used.* If you get a used one take good looks at the pictures and be prepare to disassembly and clean up the engine.* You can even find new spare parts for enya engines if you need.***
    I'm a late commer to this thread but I'd like to sing the praises of purshasing Enyas direct from Enya. URL bellow

ENYA METAL PRODUCTS

Ken Enya is a very nice gentleman to deal with. His service is second to none.
    We have a Enya agent here in Australia but they only offer about 1/4 of the range that Enya make so we deal direct with Ken.

Cheers

Fredo

I only purchase Enyas. I just bought a new/old stock Enya .40 T.V. marine on eBay. Old technology but built like a brick outhouse. It did come with a ring with a .012" end gap. Frank Bowman fixed that problem. Ken is a wonderful guy.

Cheers,
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: PWF63

I love the Brusless Electric motor you use for your avitar.......LOL

Fredo

Good catch!!
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't use electric power as I don't like it.

Page 70 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast