Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 122 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3519

Thread: Club FOX!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Club FOX!

Fox has a small case .40 sport and they had in the past made a deluxe version of it, but I don't think they do anymore.

The large case .45 engines came in a sport and a deluxe version. The deluxe version has a integrated drive washer spinner back plate unit, the engine is fitted with a aluminum spinner. The sport version just has a drive washer and nut, no spinner.
    Club Saito #722, Sig Kadet Brotherhood #80, GlowHead Brotherhood #14,
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just so you know, Fox used to make the tilt up and tilt down Fox quiet mufflers. Which is great if you want to run them on the Fox 1.20 twin sometime. Or you needed a tilt up version instead of the tilt down one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44511.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	243.7 KB 
ID:	1868053   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql35501.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	259.0 KB 
ID:	1868054  
    AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earl, I have one of those spinners from the Deluxe model, its backplate replaced the prop driver.
    Farmall 240 the final issue of the Farmall C, Super C, 200, 230 series.
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had a 40 with bearings and the 4 cut prop flange to fit the corresponding drive bosses on the crank. What would that one have been
    Club Saito Member # 787
    FA91, 100, 2 X 125a, 150

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Cougar429

I had a 40 with bearings and the 4 cut prop flange to fit the corresponding drive bosses on the crank. What would that one have been
    It is probably a Fox #40020 RC STD.

http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/inde...5a4e65cabb1ae1

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Earl, here is that Deluxe spinner. I stuck it on my .50 just to photo it. The prop nut/adapter and counter sunk screw are missing.

Name:	Wu61618.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	1868155   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fa85355.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1868156  
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When I bought my 74 used, it came with a tilt-up muffler. Then I bought a tilt-down. Then I bought a MVVS quiet 2-chamber muffler. The I hacked (er..fabricated) a mousse can muffler with an MVVS header. I haven't flown it yet, but produced no more power than the other mufflers. I will find out soon how it flies.
    Content, but not Complacent.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK Foxyphiles this .50 that is made out of an ABC .46 is in pretty good shape I think. I wanted to put it on this Cessna 182, at first I wonted it on there as a Diesel but as you can see there would be no joy tearing out my servo mounts and radio equipment. Its going in there as a glow engine in the configuration you see. I just ran it on WildCat 15% with 18% 80/20 lube. Please don't have a fit, it ran just perfect on it turning the Graupner 10.5x6 at 12,750 rpm with a near perfect idle at 2,100 rpm and smooth as silk.

Engine Fox .50
    Prop Graupner 10.5x6
    Fuel WildCat 15% Premium Extra
    Plug==Fox Milracle
    Max rpm 12.750
    Muffler==MVVS 3245 quiet

Name:	Ax72816.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	1868254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jf11825.jpg 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	1868255  

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey does anyone have experience with the Fox 50 gas engine?

I was wondering how they run and power output.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I found some pictures of my Fox 74 mufflers, but I don't remember how to attach them. Anybody can explain that to me?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At the bottom of the post box is a pair of file uploaders. I find the one to the right, (Click here to upload images and files) works fine. When you hit it a secondary box comes up with quite a few slots to upload images from your PC. For each there is a "Browse" function that when clicked should allow you to search through your PC file directories and locate the one you want. It may help to know beforehand the location and name of the file(s) you want to upload.

When you have added one or all of the pics to upload just hit the "OK" button on the bottom, (mine requires I scroll down a touch to see it) and the upload will start. You should then be notified once complete. Time is usually dependent on the number of pics. Close that page and then post as normal. The pics should be included.

One caveat is the pic files should each be less than 1 Meg in size or the upload may kick you back out.
    Club Saito Member # 787
    FA91, 100, 2 X 125a, 150

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Cougar. I modified the MVVS muffler stinger to come out perpendicular for better fit on my plane. I also am going to try the mousse can muffler idea. My setup for the mousse can is very simple, but I haven't flown it yet.

Name:	Da83208.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1870754   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cx75402.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	1870755   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fk15415.jpg 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	1870756   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ys50277.jpg 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1870757  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It may be the pic format. Let us know what type they are and perhaps we can help. Eg. jpg, mpeg, etc.

I'm doing the final tweaking to another pair of adapters, one for my second 50BB and the second for possibly the 40. With these I can mount OS style for reduced exhaust noise. Still have to do the second set for the spare Eagle IV 60. Not sure when I will get to it as soon the first will have to be mounted to get the plane ready for this flying season.
    Club Saito Member # 787
    FA91, 100, 2 X 125a, 150

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Cougar429

It may be the pic format. Let us know what type they are and perhaps we can help. Eg. jpg, mpeg, etc.

I'm doing the final tweaking to another pair of adapters, one for my second 50BB and the second for possibly the 40. With these I can mount OS style for reduced exhaust noise. Still have to do the second set for the spare Eagle IV 60. Not sure when I will get to it as soon the first will have to be mounted to get the plane ready for this flying season.
    they are jpg format files.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IB is preparing RCU to move it to V-Bulletin, we may have to be pictureless until the move is complete. When that happens a whole lot of things will be better. In the meantime patience is the word. Thanks, Dave

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Dave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A question for a Fox guy, I have two older Fox two needle carbs, in one the spraybar goes clear across the carb and the LS needle is visible in a hole in the spraybar. In the other the spraybar end about halfway across the carb and the LS needle moves in and out of the end of the spraybar, which is considered to be the better carb? Thanks, Dave

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Theoretically the 1/2 spraybar needle valve setup would open up the intake a little teensy bit more for flowing the air fuel mixture through the engine. But the difference in performance is not much, usually the tachometer would vary enough to hide a 100 to 200 rpm increase. So in real life there really isn't a difference between the two types of needle valve designs.

AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Earl, much appreciated.

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had almost forgotten about it but several years ago in this thread we were discussing Fox MK X carbs.  But many years ago Fox made a MK X "D" carb for piped .60 engines that had the spray bar cut off short. The reason for the cut down spray was to increase the signal strength, fuel draw. This meant that one could lean out the needle. A piped engine needs more fuel and as a result carbs often run rich in the mid range when not on the pipe So with a stronger fuel draw one could turn in the needle at full power on the pipe This effectively leans out the mid range. This leaner mid range can help get the engine back on the pipe.

The small bore MK X "A" and "B" carbs would be likely excellent candidates for using on Fox engines converted to diesels too. That way fuel draw would be better on larger props at lower RPMs. But one has to measure the inside bore of the carbs to figure out which ones they have as there aren't any noticeable markings to tell them apart externally.

The Mk X "A" was the smallest with a bore of 0.290" it was found on the 0.40 big block (the small block also has this size choke).
    The Mk X "B" was found on the 0.45, 0.46 and Eagle 1 it had a bore of 0.312"
    The Mk X "C" was found on the Eagle II, III, Eagle IV (both 0.60 & 0.74) and the 0.78 it had a bore of 0.330".
    The Mk X "D" was found on the piped Eagles II through IV it had the over hang after the discharge notch removed it had a bore of 0.330"
    The Mk X "E" was the early Q500 carb with a bore of 0.375" and a blade style high speed needle.
    The Mk X "F" was the second gen. Q500 carb with a bore of 0.360" and the same blade style high speed needle.

Anyway this discussion was taking place back around 2010 in this thread at around post 770. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#9937898

AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A little change of subject here..(still about Fox)I have been a lover of mostly Fox and OS engines since the mid Seventies. Since I foolishly sold off most of my larger glow engines a while back, I find myself wanting a Fox .45 B frame. I am currently waiting (about six weeks now) for a Bushing .40 c-frame. I called and spoke with Sharon to check on the status of the .40 and she told me that they would assemble one but could not give me a timeline. I asked her if ANY other Fox engine was in stock and ready to ship and she told me that only the .35 stunt was available.Does anybody out there know what's up with Fox?I would just LOVE to support a US engine manufacturer but they aren't making it easy.The problem with an unknown delivery date is not so much the wait but the fear of leaving the house for awhile. If my wife and I go out of town for a couple of days, will a box from Fox just "show up" on the doorstep just begging to get stolen?I don't mind saving a little longer for an OS, assuming they're still made in Japan (I can't in good conscience hand over another dime to a Chinese manufacturer) but I would really like to throw the business Foxes way.How long have some of you waited for delivery lately?Robert(WoodCutter)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IMO with the possibility of a few glow engine lines going under, and with Fox basically making engines for cost and love of the hobby. It would make sense to step up production right about now. While there will never be the sales of glow engines as there were, there will always be a large number who will use them.Usually the survivors are alsothe winners.

While they are at it, make a few models larger than .74 and maybe a four stroke.

And also do something about that web site.
    Glow Head Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

And, could they please make some more ringed .50s. I'm tired of scrounging up parts to make .50s out of .46s.

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They actually sell out fairly fast when they make a batch of engines. They tend to be more popular than people might think they are. All the engine manufacturers do it, they make one particular model engine at a time. They first plan for how many to make, then they place orders for anything that is outsourced, then when they start getting in the parts, they do any machine work that is needed and assemble them. Now they can stagger the manufacturing to some extent too. Thus more than one engine type is in the pipeline. But now throw in government contracts for making things too and the scheduling can get pretty tricky and complex. Model engines would of course get sidelined or postponedwhen you have a hot government contract to fulfill. But in any case it is difficult to decide how many of something to make too. You don't want to make too many of something as you might get stuck with a surplus to sell off for a long time too. But it is always a problem if you don't make enough as well. So it is a tough call.

AMA # 928076

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Someone on here once said that Fox ramps up late in the year since it makes more economic sense to do their castings when they're basically needing to heat their plant anyway. Also, more people do their shopping around Christmas, winter building, etc. Therefore, it's better to place your orders around that time. When I did, my engines promptly came and one year I ordered several different models at once and they all came together. Have a good one!