Old 06-24-2018, 01:42 PM
aspeed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I am not into the Fox there, but send me a PM about that Fitzpatrick maybe.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:51 PM
fliteline

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Fliteline Solutions is back!
Fliteline Solutions for Fox Model Airplane Engine Fans

Some of you may still remember the old Fliteline Solutions website from years ago. Well, it's being reborn. The flitelinesolutions.com domain name had expired long ago and taken over by a reseller who wanted an insane amount, but just recently I found it had become available again on the open market, so I scooped it up. I was the author of the original website and still have all the old files. I have just uploaded them, just as they were when the site was decomissioned years ago, antiquated as they now are. I will be updating the whole thing to more modern standards as time allows, so for now there will a few dead links to defunct manufacturers, however all the original Fox engine information is there. Keep in mind that Fox was still in business when this site was up last, and the old pages still reflect that, for now. I decided to put the pages up again as is just so the information is available again. It will improve.

Best regards from George Ronnenkamp (& Lyn Murray )
the originators of Fliteline Solutions
Old 08-22-2018, 03:08 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Great news. Thanks for the effort.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:50 AM
GallopingGhostler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ditto, thanks for posting, fliteline . M(FE)GA - Make Fox Engines Great Again!
Old 08-31-2018, 04:40 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Now that's a good one!
Old 09-12-2018, 12:55 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by fliteline View Post
Fliteline Solutions is back!
Fliteline Solutions for Fox Model Airplane Engine Fans

Some of you may still remember the old Fliteline Solutions website from years ago. Well, it's being reborn. The flitelinesolutions.com domain name had expired long ago and taken over by a reseller who wanted an insane amount, but just recently I found it had become available again on the open market, so I scooped it up. I was the author of the original website and still have all the old files. I have just uploaded them, just as they were when the site was decomissioned years ago, antiquated as they now are. I will be updating the whole thing to more modern standards as time allows, so for now there will a few dead links to defunct manufacturers, however all the original Fox engine information is there. Keep in mind that Fox was still in business when this site was up last, and the old pages still reflect that, for now. I decided to put the pages up again as is just so the information is available again. It will improve.

Best regards from George Ronnenkamp (& Lyn Murray )
the originators of Fliteline Solutions
Good news, George! Are there any of the old "Duke's Mixtures" columns available anywhere?

CR
Old 09-15-2018, 11:55 AM
fliteline

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Charley. I don't currently have copies of any of the articles however here's a link to a site that lists some: http://www.modelenginenews.org/people/duke/index.html

Last edited by fliteline; 09-15-2018 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Updated info
Old 09-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by fliteline View Post
Hi Charley. I don't currently have copies of any of the articles however here's a link to a site that lists some: Duke's Mixture Index
Thanks very much for the link. Fortunately one of the DMs I was lookng for was there.

CR
Old 01-05-2019, 05:56 PM
hsukaria

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Unhappy

I need advice on a good way to remove a Fox 40 crankshaft collar. I suppose I will have to use heat but I did not want to do that if I didn't need to to prevent stressing the front bearing. Also, how to pry that off? It is quite small so a pulley puller won't have enough to grip it. Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:39 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by hsukaria View Post

I need advice on a good way to remove a Fox 40 crankshaft collar. I suppose I will have to use heat but I did not want to do that if I didn't need to to prevent stressing the front bearing. Also, how to pry that off? It is quite small so a pulley puller won't have enough to grip it. Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy.
It’s actually part of the crankshaft. Push the crank out like you normally would.
Old 01-05-2019, 08:43 PM
VampeD4
My Feedback: (80)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

what most people do. is buy a Como.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:45 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (101)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by VampeD4 View Post
what most people do. is buy a Como.
Yes, somebody whose old enough to be dead.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:20 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Hobbsy View Post
Yes, somebody whose old enough to be dead.
Nothing wrong with a nice Como or Super Tigre engine. They’re beautifully made and look the part. However the comment you quoted is hardly tasteful, then again most of what I post is tasteless and blasphemic. So WTH.. lol.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:45 PM
hsukaria

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r View Post

Nothing wrong with a nice Como or Super Tigre engine. They’re beautifully made and look the part. However the comment you quoted is hardly tasteful, then again most of what I post is tasteless and blasphemic. So WTH.. lol.
A simple question about disassembling an old Fox engine led to this? I am afraid what would happen if I asked a hard question. BTW, I will be replacing the bearings on that old engine, the axial travel on the crank is huge. I'm sure it will help the performance fixing that.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:55 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by hsukaria View Post
A simple question about disassembling an old Fox engine led to this? I am afraid what would happen if I asked a hard question. BTW, I will be replacing the bearings on that old engine, the axial travel on the crank is huge. I'm sure it will help the performance fixing that.
Well, I did give a simple answer first. Pretty simple there. I was merely trying to be sorta funny with the comment you quoted. I mean, everyone knows my stance on Fox engines. However, my response to your question was sound and absolutely correct. I try to help guys with OS engines too despite my dislike for them. Always willing to help where I can even though I’m sometimes not (rarely) taken seriously. Anywho...

Old 01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
hsukaria

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well, I did give a simple answer first. Pretty simple there. I was merely trying to be sorta funny with the comment you quoted. I mean, everyone knows my stance on Fox engines. However, my response to your question was sound and absolutely correct. I try to help guys with OS engines too despite my dislike for them. Always willing to help where I can even though I’m sometimes not (rarely) taken seriously. Anywho...

No problem with your advice, I realized as a result that it stays with the crankshaft when removing it. The trick here is now I am starting to realize that the front bearing inner diameter is different on the same engine model based on whether is came with the standard prop hub or the built-in metal spinner. The versions with the built-in spinner have a cone shaped collet and use a front bearing with a smaller inner diameter. Who knew? I was going to replace the bearings on both types, but have to buy two separate bearing sets.
Old 01-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Hobbsy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Fox' I had or have with that prop drive were bushing engines. 36's I think.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:35 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

All of the compact .40s I’ve had had that 4-spline prop driver. One was a single rear ballrace with a front bushing and the rest were twin ball races. I was told the splined crank denoted an early version, but the Early ones were all lapped. The one I still have has the splined crank but has an ABC P/L. The piston/liners were all interchangeable in the .40s, so for all I know, someone may have built mine from spare parts.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:55 AM
carlgrover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I picked up two Comos at a swap meet last year. A .40 and a .75. I've got them both ripped apart and squeaky clean. Waiting on new bearings so I can put them back together. They appear to be very high quality engines.

carl
Old 01-10-2019, 12:36 PM
aspeed

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Como is just a rebadged Supertiger, which are fine motors. They are pretty old, I don't think they were made more than a few years and that was the late 1970's IIRC.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:20 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a NIB Como .51 ABC Schnürle myself. I’d wanted one for years - specifically the ABC variant. Supposed to really turn up. Going to run my .51 this summer.

Indeed made by SuperTigre and imported by World Engines way back when. Fine engines I think. My SuperTigres and one Como are some of my favorites. I find the quality is very good.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:06 AM
pjwright

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Difference between .40 and .45 engine?

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere... but I was hoping to distinguish between the .40 and .45 Fox engine. For example, I'm pretty sure this one is a .45BBRC, ca. 1982. It has the MKX series carb, with main and front ball bearings. The Fox docs say the only difference between the .40 and .45 is the bore size ... but haven't seen anywhere what the bore sizes are so that I could use a micrometer on the cylinder. I have several Fox engines, including a few that may be either a .40 or .45. Any thoughts?
;-)
PJ

Fox .45BBRC ca. 1982
Old 02-06-2019, 12:13 PM
carlgrover

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The Fox .45 has a larger frame size than the .40. Put them next to each other and it's obvious.

carl
Old 02-06-2019, 02:52 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by carlgrover View Post
The Fox .45 has a larger frame size than the .40. Put them next to each other and it's obvious.

carl
Fox made a B case .40 as well as the C case (Compact) .40. AFAIK the B case .40 never came ringed, but the .45 is ringed. I remember reading the .40 B case came in ferrous lapped construction and ABC, but I’ve never seen an ABC version. The flat flange mounted carb is a B case and the square bore necked carb came on the compact .40s. IIRC the B .40 was about 1,000rpm faster than the compact .40 on the same prop.
Old 02-07-2019, 03:35 AM
Hobbsy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Fox 40BB (1964 Series)

In these reviews the 40's have a couple of different bore and stroke measurements, the 45's are all the same.

40-bore=.800 x 790
40-bore=.800 x 788
40-bore=.840 x 715

45-bore=850 x 790

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service