Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Thunder Tiger customer service rules!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Thunder Tiger customer service rules!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
deltatech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger customer service rules!!!

I have a TT pro 46 on my GP Tracer. It has always ripped. Last week I was flying and the engine just died. I knew it had plenty fuel so I knew something was up. The ratchet spring broke and the needle valve fell out[:@]. I went to the local hobby store and got what the package said was a TT pro 40-46 needle valve assy. It came with the needle and a barrel? It didn't look right but I took the needle valve and put it in. It seemed to do ok on the ground but in flight it wasn't right "getting rich". The ratchet spring seemed ok but on the last flt "of course". it backed out and was lost. I looked at the spring and it looked ok but with some force applied it was soft and it broke[]. I just called TT's tech department and they explained the difference between the two types of TT carbs and without hesitation volunteered to send me a used but works fine carb free of charge. I've had this engine for 5 years and have hundreds of flights on it "warranty period definately expired" but that was no problem. This company really backs it's products and want's us to enjoy them.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:01 PM
Kaos Rulz

Default RE: Thunder Tiger customer service rules!!!

I enjoy hearing success stories like this.

I have a similar one with Sheldon's Hobbies.

I phoned in an order for a Joe Bridi plane and after I was told what my total was, I asked if they had any specials that might defray the cost of shipping. I also explained that I was a veteran having served 26 years and it was Vetrans' Day. She politely told me that the shipping would be free and thanked me for the order. Great Service!!! I'll be calling them again.

Any similar stories out there?
Old 11-18-2004, 04:18 PM
tychoc

Default RE: Thunder Tiger customer service rules!!!

I have an Evolution 46 that never quite ran correctly from the start. Being my first engine, I didn't know that it was a bad sign that black sooth always came out with the exhaust. To make a long story short, the whole engine started to fall apart after about 8 gallons of fuel through it. I sent it back to Horizon Hobby, and they rebuilt the whole engine for free. Now, the engine did have a problem from the start, but it was also obvious that I had run it too lean and thus overheating. I now know not to do this

After they rebuilt the engine, it runs like a charm.

-tycho