Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito .56 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

Old 01-15-2002, 11:18 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saito .56 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! Please

I have a Saito .56 that I cannot get to stay running. Ran great until it took a nose on my Cub. Now when I start it, it just runs for a couple seconds like it is just burning only the fuel that I primed it with and not drawing any fuel from tank. I used two other engines with the same lines, tank and so forth and no problem. Hook up the .56 and same thing. Have installed new OS F plug to no avail! Tried high speed needle at different settings...anything. Just wondering if there is anything inside the engine that could of happened during crash.

Thanks, Dan
Old 01-16-2002, 12:57 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Saito

Dan, have you checked to see if either one of the push rods has jumped out from under its rocker arm? Most likely the intake. Or the intake tube may be out of alignment and be leaking air. Just a couple of thoughts. If the intake tube has become dislodged take the screws out of the carb and lower the carb a little to put it back in.
Old 01-17-2002, 01:32 PM
jaka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Saito.56

Hello!
Our engines are fairly simple objects ... provided they get fuel ...they will run!
When the engine stops,the first thing to check is if something is blocking the fuelpassage to the carb or if some dirt inside the carb is blocking the fuel.So you have to diasamble the carb and check for any dirt particles.

Regards!
Jan K
Sweden
Old 01-17-2002, 06:29 PM
Texas_Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get Saito to keep running

At risk of stating the obvious, after the crash, did you check the fuel tank and its innards? If the clunk is jammed up against the front of the tank, or perhaps the clunk tube is off the brass fitting, or if the tank stopper came out or is loose, this could be the cause of your engine not drawing fuel.

Also, check to make sure the carb hasn't moved or come loose from its mount. If it has, it might be sucking air.

Remove the fuel line from the carb nipple. Attach a length of clean fuel line. Blow through this line while turning the hi-speed needle and make sure you get air flow when open and no air flow when you close the needle. You might have particulates inside the passages in the carb.
Old 01-18-2002, 09:57 PM
dan4466
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saito .56

Thanks for the replies guys

I think I will take apart the carb. Never done it, but it cant be to hard. Like I said in my post, I used two other engines on these lines and tank and no problem. So, it must be the engine itself, I would guess. Thanks again.

Dan