Enya .60x Engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
EyeflyRC
My Feedback: (147)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Enya .60x Engine

Hobbsy,

I picked up a nearly new Enya 60X at a swap meet for $5. The connecting rod at the crankpin end had broken open. I don't know why the owner did not send it back under the warranty or what he did to precipitate the failure. I bought a new connecting rod and put the engine together and ran it on the bench. It starts with one or two flips, has excellent compression, idles and transitions exceptionally well and is one of the strongest 60's I have ever owned. I would put it on par with the Moki 61.

The only thing I can think of is that the owner ran it too rich which would be a no-no if the piston was a pinch fit when new. The instructions for the 60XF-IITV Al-Chrome state for break-in the engine should be run rich for the first hour and that it will take 2-3 hours for the engine to reach it peak in power and smoothness.

The air bleed carb with the little tab at the top for mixture adjusment is a work of art and easy to tune even without the factory instructions. I used an old ASP muffler that is similar to the OS 744 for the FSR 60's. It fits perfectly, although putting in the bolts from the muffler side is a bit tedious.

I like this engine so much that I am on the lookout for another good deal on one.

Andrew
AMA 10287
Old 03-22-2015, 02:25 PM
fotonyc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Andrew,

I have a NIB 60XF-IITV (1983, receipt was still in box) that I just installed on a new plane. I had another back then and bought a drill bit to match the shaft size to enlarge prop centers but lost it. Would you know the shaft size? I remember it was metric. It will save me from having to buy a micrometer.

Tony,
AMA 90694
Old 03-22-2015, 06:20 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,
The shaft size is 7mm which is a tad over 1/4".