Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Who do I have to piss off to get in contact with Magnum customer service!!

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Who do I have to piss off to get in contact with Magnum customer service!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who do I have to piss off to get in contact with Magnum customer service!!

Long story short, I dorked my Four Star 60 on a low inverted pass (brain fart, pulled when I should have pushed). My Magnum .91 four stroke survived, but the crash broke the carburetor housing. I went to the global hobbies site, and it appears that the carb for the .91 is on backorder, and has been for a while. I'm trying to find out if anyone has a general idea when they will be available, but it seems no one is listening. I've called, emailed, done rain dances, sent smoke signals. I've been polite in my emails, and would be polite on the phone IF anyone was ever there to take the call, or return my messages. All this with no response from Global as of yet. All I want is for SOMEONE to acknowledge that they are living and breathing over there, and tell me when I can get a carburetor!! I didnt buy this engine for it to sit on the shelf. This engine runs and performs flawlessly, but frankly, their customer service SUCKS from what I have seen so far. Anyone got any ideas, or maybe know where I can get a carb? Even a used one would help me out at this point. My LHS is having the same problems... everytime he tries to order parts, its the same thing; BACKORDERED.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:31 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Who do I have to piss off to get in contact with Magnum customer service!!

Mike Greenshields is the head man there that makes things roll if you can get in touch with him. He used to be on here all the time a few years back.

There is another source for parts. There are other labels of the same engine made by Sanye of China. The main ones are SC and ASP.

There is a good ASP distributor in England. www.justengines.unseen.org. He has been very helpful to people. I've bought several engines from him. The ASP's are identical to the Magnums in most cases. I have someASP parts on some Magnums.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 12-13-2005, 11:51 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Who do I have to piss off to get in contact with Magnum customer service!!

They don't have a lot of people to answer the phone, but they do give about the best and cheapest repair service in the industry. Send the engine in. Guys in my club have gotten crash repairs done for nothing, not saying you will. From my experience and the guys in my club, Global Services (Magnum) and Hobby Services (OS, ST & GMS) are the cream of the crop for repair and warranty service.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:40 AM
Cyclic Hardover

When I buy any product, customer service is first on my list before mkae a purchase. If they don't have it, I don't buy it. (I don't own any Magnums).
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM
rustleruss

I to did learn that Global Services suck a long time ago when i had to back order a wing that was sent messed up in the first place they kept hideing and not answering my emails and phone calls hell they got your money next fool inline there support means nothing in my BOOK
Old 12-14-2005, 01:55 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

I've only had one occasion to deal with Global Services and I was really pleased with the service. I sent a Magnum 91 2 stroke with a broken crank in for service, asking for an estimate on the repair cost. 2 weeks later, I had a new engine, no charge. My advice would be to send the engine to them with a note requesting a repair estimate. You can't use the engine right now, anyway, so take a shot and see if they'll fix it.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:23 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I havn't had any repair dealings with them in some years, but back then, I had to call several times before I got to "THE MAN". They would make no commitments or comments, I had to talk to Mike. One day I called and he was there, then everything was fixed, no problem.

Enjoy,

Jim
Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 PM
markmm

???

I have been e-mailing back and forth with them, for the past few days.

I have recieved a reply within an hour of sending mine...every time.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Attitude will get you everywhere..........or nowhere.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Lowlevlflyer

That's all well and good, but, you've got to be able to GET IN TOUCH with them first of all. My attitude is just fine, and I've been polite in all of my emails to them thus far, BUT, as even tempered as I am, even I get fed up after a while.
ORIGINAL: Kmot

Attitude will get you everywhere..........or nowhere.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Lowlevlflyer

Really, well, that's kinda funny. Mind telling me what email address you're using that's getting a reply? Because the one I'm using sure isnt.[]
ORIGINAL: markmm

???

I have been e-mailing back and forth with them, for the past few days.

I have recieved a reply within an hour of sending mine...every time.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:03 PM
2slow2matter

Low,,

As you know, I had a magnum injured in a crash as well--doing the same stupid thing you did, at the same field, trying to please the same...well, you get the picture

Make twistr fix it--it's his fault

Seriously, though, I got on their forum and posted a thread that didn't get answered. I tried calling, and no answer--all for the same thing, a backordered part--rocker cover. Finally, I e-mailed their general support--I think it was support@...., but I can't remmeber exactly. I got it off of global's website. he e-mailed me back saying they expected the part anytime. I suppose that maybe him not e-mailing you means he doesn't know when it will come in. Tough one, I know. Can it not be fixed with some JB weld, or something? Just to get it back up and running again? Until a new Carb can be ordered?
I don't know if I'd send it to them because they don't have the part to fix it. If they had the part, it'd be a different story, but they don't, so I don't figure they'll go robbing parts off of new engines to fix yours, but that's just a hunch--take it or leave it.

I think the problem is they sell so many of these .91's (price is right) that they put all of their parts into new ones, and dont' have enough spare parts to sale. I don't know that for sure, but if you look, most of what they are backordered on are .91 parts--not much of anything else. Very frustrating, I know! Once the covers came in (about a week or so after I got ahold of them), I had no problem at all getting a new one.

Good luck.

Hope to see you over the next week sometime. This Sunday, or next weekend--I'll be there all week for Christmas!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 PM
Lowlevlflyer

Nah, I'm not going to send it in to them without them having the part to fix it. Been down that road with another company, and I was 3 months getting my equipment back that time. I looked the engine over today. What happened is, the impact broke the needle valve off, and when it did, it took some of the carb housing off where the needle screws in. Not really any way to fix it.

AHAA!! now the truth comes out!! He prodded you into doing the same thing, did he? That's the first thing your Dad said when we started picking up parts "Hey, I can fix that!" He probably could, too, judging from some of the "before" pics of some of the planes he's redone. I"ll just keep plugging away at them until I get a response. Frank says that when they HAVE the parts, they're easy to do business with, so we'll see.

Yeah, we'll definitely need to get together while your up here for christmas. Looks like this weekend is not going to be very good, but maybe it will suprise us.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:56 AM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Lowlevlflyer.

I am certainly NOT trying to minimize your problem; but this is why I always spend more for an OS, etc. It may (or may not) be of any better quality; but you can get it fixed if you break it.

There is simply no excuse for not answering the telephone or electronic queries. That is basic business ethics. People (me included) complain about Tower/Hobby Services policies, etc.; but, by God, when you call them with a problem somebody will talk to you, right then.

I hope you get your engine fixed.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:05 AM
2slow2matter

Maybe that's why their product is so much cheaper--less overhead

Because, seriously, there is no difference in quality or power output that I can see (not to start a war).

Yes, Dad is getting good at fixing crashed airplanes--we're giving him all the experience he can handle

Anyway, sorry to hear about it. Maybe soon you'll get an answer from someone! Keep trying.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:38 AM
Lowlevlflyer

Well, all is well now. Mike Greenshields ran across this thread and PM'd me last night. Seems the old Magnum carbs are being phased out and replaced with a new part number. The old ones are not in stock, but the new ones are. Dont know what happened to the emails I sent, but I could have mispelled something in the address for all I know. Wouldnt be the first time I have screwed up like that. ANYWAY, The part I need is there, and it will be ordered today. Mike, if you see this, thanks a bunch!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:04 AM
2slow2matter

All is good! I guess paying twice as much for an OS wouldn't have been that beneficial afterall [X(]

Oh no, he didn't.....He took the gloves off....

JK

See ya next week!