Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS61FX Inverted

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 10:07 PM
p40pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS61FX Inverted

Hi Folks,

I'm attempting to run an OS61FX inverted. Any problems with this? Anything special I should do in reference to seeting up fuel tank height relative to engine carburator....etc?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanx
Old 01-22-2002, 12:13 AM
downunder-RCU

Default OS61FX Inverted

No problems at all...just a couple of things to watch out for. The centre line of the tank still needs to be close to the centre line of the carby (not the needle valve in the case of remote needles). You may find you'll need a new technique to prime the engine because now you're trying to get the fuel to run uphill. Don't overprime and flood the engine or you could fill the combustion chamber with fuel. This is when you'll get a hydraulic lock and be likely to bend the rod. But we all know that anyone who floods an engine that bad just doesn't know what he's doing
If you use an electric starter then flick the prop a few times by hand before hooking up the glow power just to ensure that it isn't flooded.
Old 01-22-2002, 07:18 AM
p40pete

Default OS61FX Inverted

Thanks guy.........appreciate the advice.