Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Moki 1.8 Prop Hole Size?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2002, 04:55 PM
AJF 2
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 1.8 Prop Hole Size?

My drill bits do not contain the proper size bit for drilling the hole for the prop, this means I will have to go and purchase one. Instead of guessing and hoping to get it close, I thought somebody out there has been down this road before and may know exactly which size to buy. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Wyo_Flyer

AJF 2
I have a Moki 2.10 myself with the same problem. I bought a 31/64" bit at Sears for $9.00 and did a test drill and fit on some scrap wood. The hole was a little big to suit me. What I did was to run the bit in my power hand drill backwards and lay a file aginst the side to "mill it down" some. I would file, then test in my drill press untill I liked the fit. I only milled the bottom 1 1/2" of the bit so becarful and not drill to deep into your prop or the hole will be loose. Worked for me.
Hope this helps and "Good Luck"
Old 01-22-2002, 07:10 PM
Snaproll-RCU

AJF 2. I don't know the rules about posting a live link here so will just give you the keyword. Go to B&B specialties and have a look at their prop drills. They have a reduced end on them which acts as a guide to keep the bit centered while drilling. This is something that can not be done with a regular drill bit. They drill the cleanest prop holes you have ever seen. Go to bennettbuilt.com and have a look. I am sure you know what to put in front of this to make it work. They can fix you up with just the right bit to get the job done beautifully for about $14.00
Old 01-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Ed_Moorman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moki Prop Holes

The prop hole on the Moki 1.8 is 12mm. The threaded portion has been turned down to 10mm. B&B sells special prop drill bits which have a starter tip of either 1/4 or 5/16 to help center the bit in the original prop hole. They are expensive, but work excellent.