Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

it ask for a .90 -1.20 but want gas

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 02:19 PM
chines
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default it ask for a .90 -1.20 but want gas

I am building a P=38 that the maker said use a .90 or 1.20 but I would like to put a gasser in it. What is a good low cost gasser????
Old 12-04-2002, 02:29 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The low cost 14" chain saws of about 33cc - 46cc seem most attractive at this time. They can be had in the $80-$160 range if you shop around and require a minimum of modification. These are saws that you get at the discount stores. They are usually in the poulan, Homelite, McColluch, and other brands.

Formally everyone were modifying weed whackers but anymore it seems that you need to change carbs and mufflers on them and it adds to the costs so much that it's just cheaper to go with a chain saw. The Ryobi and Homelite weed whackers were favorites for this game. A stock one had about the power of a .60 engine and the modifieds were up in the .90 - 1.20 range depending on how much you changed them.

A gas engine will be more than twice the weight of a regular glow engine so you will need a plane that can accomodate the extra weight.

Good luck,

Jim
Old 12-04-2002, 03:05 PM
bla bla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Ryobi/jet conversion...nice cheap but boy it's a big Mother'.
The ol' zenoah 23 is a very nice, simple and reliable engine...aint that powerful but can sure swing big wood. No batteries, ignition always onwhile it's runing etc...Perfect for scalies.