Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

eng problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:35 PM
clayton_crowder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eng problems

ok sorry for the newbie question but im new and just soloed today for first time with a first landing with unfortunely a dead stick.i did it tho with no sweat but im still shakeing.the problem is that the plane at idle and trim set at idle the plane keeps rolling.well i said the heck with it and took her up only to find out that she was stuck on about half throttle.so i had no choice but to run her (alpha 60 trainer) out of fuel and have a dead stick landing cause there was no way i could land her with the eng stuck at half throttle.i no i need to adust a needle on the eng but which one guys?i really wanna go flying in the morning but i got to get this problem fixed.ill be really thankful for u guys output.
Old 03-26-2006, 10:37 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: eng problems

It's probably best that you get one of the regular guys to show you how?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:00 AM
johnS555
My Feedback: (27)

Clayton:

W8ye has hit it on the head about getting a local to check it out, if it was running all right when you took off, something shifted in flight, about impossible to say what it would be from here... JohnS555
Good Luck
Old 03-27-2006, 02:12 AM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your throttle stuck at 1/2 open then the needle setting isnt the problem..its something in the radio/servo that is either binding or the servo arm has skipped a tooth,,the others are right, if you dont have enough experience to see the problem, then you shouldnt be flying alone yet..no offense,it's the same as if you had said,,it wants to fly to the right by itself what do I do..we could tell you your rudder or aileron setup is wrong...but you dont have enough experience to fix it and fly yet..Rog
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Dr1Driver

I agree with flyinrog, you need local help. There seems to be a problem with either your throttle linkage or idle setting or both. It you don't know enough to recognize what the problem is and how to fix it, you shouldn't be flying alone.

Dr.1