Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

How critical is front bearing seat on OS120AX?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

How critical is front bearing seat on OS120AX?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How critical is front bearing seat on OS120AX?

I think I shifted the front bearing on my brand new OS120AX ; I started to tighten the prop nut without the spacer installed between the front bearing and the keyed drive hub. I felt a slight loosening of the nut before I realized the mistake. The bearing now looks about .010-.020" proud of the housing (can anyone tell me if it's normally flush?), although the hub fully covers the bearing when installed. The engine turns freely. I haven't started it yet. Should I reseat the bearing? Is this as simple as rapping the outerrace at opposing points? Anyone think anything worse happened?
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Dr1Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How critical is front bearing seat on OS120AX?

"Should I reseat the bearing? Is this as simple as rapping the outerrace at opposing points? Anyone think anything worse happened?"

It won't hurt to give it a couple of light raps. Remove the crankshaft. Place the rear of the crankcase on a piece of wood. Use another piece of wood between the hammer and bearing face. Align it level and strike the wood in the center with a couple of firm (not hard) raps with the hammer. Do not hit it side-to-side, that may skew the bearing. The hammer doesn't need to be a 20 oz. framer. A small ball peen or claw hammer will work well. The fit of the bearing in the case is a tight push fit.

Dr.1