Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Perry VP-20 on a twostroke??

Old 04-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Flyer95
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perry VP-20 on a twostroke??

Hello,
I wonder if a Perry VP-20 would work good on a twostroke? Would it cause any tuning problems? Thanks
Old 04-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Perry VP-20 on a twostroke??

Why don't you go to their website and find out?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Flyer95
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did look at the website now and it seems like the VP20 is made for the fourstrokes but would work on a twostroke also? how good? any first hand experience?.

Fourstrokes usually dont need much fuel pressure as they have much better fueldraw.

Dont think VP20:s are in stock at my LHS so I must order from the USA and wait one week and thats why I want to investigate a little more before I order one
Old 04-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Sport_Pilot

I don't know the web site right now, but there is an explaination of using it on two strokes. Perhaps you did not click part of it for further explaination?
Old 04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Sport_Pilot

One point, that is not clear on the web site. The VP30 has a built in pressure regulator. It is not like the Cline regulator but supplies a positive preasure not autmospheric presure like the Cline. Howver the VP20 does not have a regulator but it instead has a flow control and presure is dependent on carb demand and how much the pump shakes. Generally this works ok because the higher the revs the more the pump shakes.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:56 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

One point, that is not clear on the web site. The VP30 has a built in pressure regulator. It is not like the Cline regulator but supplies a positive preasure not autmospheric presure like the Cline. Howver the VP20 does not have a regulator but it instead has a flow control and presure is dependent on carb demand and how much the pump shakes. Generally this works ok because the higher the revs the more the pump shakes.

------------

Yep, the VP-20 is a good two-stroke pump too. Just look at it as ehanced carb suction and don't worry a whole lot about it being there - unlike the VP-30 which can be a bear to adjust, but which provides regulation, etc. The latter is worth the trouble if you truly need it, such as having a fuel tank too high, low or too far away. The VP-20 pump is good for tanks that are slightly too low or far away, with a minimum of set up fuss.

When you install the VP-20 shaker pump, the secret is that if the engine runs great, don't adjust the flow adjustment. Neither pump will help your engine produce more horsepower with the stock carb. Pumps do not do that.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:55 PM
loughbd
Banned

It works fine with a 2 cycle engine