Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 125 and Iron Bay regulator

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 03:19 PM
xtdsm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saito 125 and Iron Bay regulator

Hello people. I have a couple of questions for you guys. I bought Saito 125 4c and Iron Bay regulator to go with it since the engine is going to be mounted inverted and the fuel tank will go on the CG (U can do 3d 60). I did my homework and got most of what I needed to know down with a couple of exceptions.

- first, for you saito guys, was the pressure line from the muffler enough for that engine/regulator with the tank on the CG or I have to use the crank case nipple?
- do I have to put the regulator between the needle valve and the carb nipple, or it can go before the needle valve (mounted in the fuselodge)
- what did you guys use to plump your fuel lines into the big regulator nipple, did you use some sort of adaptor or you simply streched the fuel line over the nipple?

And finally my set up will be like this.

Out of the muffler into the one-way valve ---> out of the one-way valve to the tank---> out of the tank into Easy Fueler Valve---> out of that into the needle valve----> out of the needle valve into the regulator big nipple----> out of the small nipple in the regulator to the carb. Does that sound right to you guys, I will not be using any T for fuelling I am going to be using Easy Fueler Valve instead. I will only have one T going between the tank and the one-way valve for overfueling, is that right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Saito 125 and Iron Bay regulator

The muffler pressure will bulge the tank like a YS does, I just stretched large fuel line over the large nipple. You will need two tees, one between the check valve and the tank to vent while you're filling the tank and one for the filler line.