Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

OS VS SAITO 4 STORKE - What are the differences ???

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS VS SAITO 4 STORKE - What are the differences ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hart
I have to disagree jim,if apc props look average,and they do,that would put grey graupner props in to the 'needs plastic surgery' class automatically.

Flight risk a slow learner is a slow learner,take me for example.Made the same mistakes with variations just to confuse myself,obviously,and make the steep learning curve more entertaining for the first few years cheers

Now Pete, this is a much better looking prop than an APC.

Graupner Super Nylon 12 x 8

Last edited by Hobbsy; 01-16-2019 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-08-2019, 02:32 PM
Glowgeek

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Having been a Saito freak for years I just broke in a NIB OS FS48 (old version with airbleed carb).9500 rpm richened 200 with an APC 12x6. That's only a couple hundred R's shy of my rebuilt Saito FA56a numbers. Runs terribly rich at idle though, even with the airbleed screw turned all the way out. I'll try a new f plug first, if that doesn't fix it I'll have to drill out the airbleed hole one drill size at a time until it's tuneable. I do despise airbleed carbs.

Last edited by Glowgeek; 05-08-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:43 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Having been a Saito freak for years I just broke in a NIB OS FS48 (old version with airbleed carb).9500 rpm richened 200 with an APC 12x6. That's only a couple hundred R's shy of my rebuilt Saito FA56a numbers. Runs terribly rich at idle though, even with the airbleed screw turned all the way out. I'll try a new f plug first, if that doesn't fix it I'll have to drill out the airbleed hole one drill size at a time until it's tuneable. I do despise airbleed carbs.
Hmm. I've never heard of drilling out an airbleed.
Old 05-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

It is a fairly common fix.