Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Tower Hobbies .75 Muffler Extension???

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Tower Hobbies .75 Muffler Extension???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 05:50 PM
bushong572
My Feedback: (59)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tower Hobbies .75 Muffler Extension???

Does anyone know of a 1/2" muffler extension that will fit the Tower Hobbies .75? Tower does not know what will fit. The bolt spacing is 41mm center to center. The only engine I know of with the same spacing is the GMS .76, and I can't find an extension for it.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 04:51 PM
WorldTraveler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tower Hobbies .75 Muffler Extension???

I just had the same problem, and there isn't one that I've been able to find. I made one by tracing the muffler gasket onto a strip of .125 aluminum sheet. then used a drill press to cut out the inner areas, drill the mount holes and a dremel to smooth the center areas out. I then used a playing card to make gaskets for each side. I'll find out tomorrow how it works...and/or leaks. Probably could do the same with thicker aluminum stock.

Clint
Old 06-04-2006, 06:51 PM
bushong572
My Feedback: (59)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for your reply....That is what I was afraid of.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:53 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If money is no objection, buy a second Tower 75 muffler, cut the installation part off and weld it on to the old muffler. A good welder can do that for you. Now you will have custome muffler.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 06-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem trying to mount my TH .75 inverted in a .46 Powerline Edge 540. Muffler needs a 1.25" extension to get it out the cowl. I had to get a local machinist to make a custom extension for me with aluminum stock. Only cost me $30.

Fox makes an extension for their .74 engine. Don't waste your money. It's nowhere NEAR close enough to fit. OS makes an extension for the 61FX. The mounting holes will almost work. You could drill them out a bit bigger. But, the exhaust hole is too small, and there is not enoguh meat on the extension to open it up anymore. DuBro makes aluminum stock thats made for muffler extensions. Just cut off the length you need. Too bad it's only for 40-46 size engines.

Your only option is to have a custom extension made by a machinist, or make it yourself, like World Traveler did.