Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Enya parts... finally!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 05:25 AM
MikeG4936
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enya parts... finally!!

Finally, MRC has listed all of the Enya parts they have in stock on their website. [link=http://www.modelrectifier.com/all-brands/enya.asp]http://www.modelrectifier.com/all-brands/enya.asp[/link] They really have everything... even have parts from engines that they have never imported to the US!

On another note, it looks like MRC will remain the US distributor of Enya engines for the time being. I spoke to a represenative yesterday, and I asked her if this was true. She said, "as far as I know, we'll still be the distributor in America." So much for the possibility of Tower / Great Planes picking up distributorship [&o]
Old 06-08-2006, 08:46 AM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: Enya parts... finally!!

Thanks for posting the link mike.
But, in typical MRC fashion, the parts are in one big list in alphabetical order (27 pages of them!). Some entries indicate what engine the part is for, but most do not. If you don't have Enya's part #, you can't determine what part fits your specific engine. It would have been so much easier for the retail customer, if they listed the parts under a heading, for each specific engine.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:05 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I called and asked for Tim yesterday and ordered a new rocker arm for my 1.55, a ring for my old SS .45 and two #3 plugs to try out.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

This company MRC is a sad example of how not to do business.... I have several fine Enya engines and yet almost no support for those engines here in the USA.... MRC must have bigger fish to fry than servicing Enya engines...
Old 06-10-2006, 05:55 PM
dennis
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

your right. They sell helis and train controllers. Why Enya had the misfortune to hook up with MRC is one of the saddest most mis understood tragedies of the modelling world. As a company they are completely unaware of the modellers interest, perhaps they think that the quality of the product should sell itself or perhaps they can't realize that OS didn't get where they are simplyby making a good motor.Worse almost every hobby dealer that I know of has a real repugnance to dealing with Altech.
The really sad part is that they would slap an injunction on you so fast if you even thought of selling a few Enya's that they didn't supply. Shame that someone can't make a better offer to the Enya Manufacturers and see about getting the franchise, otherwise I think that Enya's future is non existant in this country before too much longer. That would be a real tragedy.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:09 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know how long MRC has been selling Enyas but I know they were selling them in the late 1950's
Old 06-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Richard39

If you will look up enya engines on the MRC web page you will notice only 5 engines... one is a 4 stroke... it is as if they are trying to not sell r/c engines for airplanes/heli...
Old 06-11-2006, 12:28 AM
MikeG4936
My Feedback: (5)

The situation with MRC looks even worse when you look at what they have in[link=http://www.servoshop.co.uk/index.php?make=Enya&area=Engines&&title=Enya%20Engines]Britian[/link]... They even have buggy and marine Enya engines! I have more than 6 engines on that list that I would like to purchace, but there's no way I'm importing them! Envious doesn't describe it!! [&o]
Old 06-11-2006, 06:31 AM
Richard39

If we can not find a complete selection of enya engines in the USA and if we can not easly find parts and with MRC being difficult...... It seems we may find that the OS engines is just as good... At least it is available and parts are available from several sources... good luck.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:11 PM
CCRC1
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: Richard39

we may find that the OS engines is just as good
Enya engines are much better quality engines than O.S. Max. I wouldn't even put them in the same category to compare.
The difference here the is the U.S. Distributor.
O.S. Max has a company that works well with the retail purchaser, understands the hobby and the buyers need to have service and parts readily available. They also understand that todays modelers want choices when they buy and they stock all products (engines and accessories) available.
MRC fails to understand this concept and will never have sales that compare to O.S. Max here in the U.S. , even though Enya produces a far superior product.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Razor-RCU
My Feedback: (50)

I got an Enya-50SS and there is something seriously wrong with it--- I emailed MRC but what are the odds of them getting back to me?

I have never fried an engine in 20+ years and I do not know what the heck happened to this thing---They can fix it or keep it as far as I am concerned-
Old 06-28-2007, 08:15 PM
NM2K

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Razor-RCU

I got an Enya-50SS and there is something seriously wrong with it--- I emailed MRC but what are the odds of them getting back to me?

I have never fried an engine in 20+ years and I do not know what the heck happened to this thing---They can fix it or keep it as far as I am concerned-

--------------

So what's wrong with it? Maybe we can help you.

Ed Cregger
Old 06-28-2007, 08:33 PM
Richard39

m r r
Old 06-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Richard39

m r c has contacted me today advising me that they no longer service or sell Enya... I had ask for repairs on their advertised warrenty on my Enya that failed in flight... less than two year old and under their written and advertised warrenty... they only replied for me to contact Enya, Japan... So why would we support that brand when O.S. is here and available...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:06 AM
onewasp

IMO (yes I've owned a number) IF someone other than MRC/Altec had distributed them Enya would be 'THE' brand in the market place.

Unfortunately we have to file that under the "what could have been" title.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 PM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: onewasp

IMO (yes I've owned a number) IF someone other than MRC/Altec had distributed them Enya would be 'THE' brand in the market place.

Unfortunately we have to file that under the "what could have been" title.

---------------

I wouldn't count Enya out just yet. It appears that they are trying to get reestablished. Ken is busting his tukkus to answer questions and to get the product out of the door. They even introduced a new engine, the .61CX. That is a good sign.

I have a great fondness for OS and I have quite a few of them and hope to continue to purchase them in the future, in spite of liking some other brands of engines just as much as OS Engines.

I've never understood the attitude of owning only one brand of engine and forsaking all others. I buy them according to the application and sometimes whim. It is a hobby. Everything does not have to "make sense", so to speak.

As far as MRC/Altec goes, I don't know the story for any side, much less all sides. Frankly, I don't care. I just want my Enya engines, that's all I know.

Ed Cregger
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 PM
onewasp

(Quote}

As far as MRC/Altec goes, I don't know the story for any side, much less all sides. Frankly, I don't care. I just want my Enya engines, that's all I know.

{Quote}

Ahhhhh that is where the rub comes (came) in. Altec made it hard to get the engines and almost impossible to get the parts you wanted.

Surprised you missed that Ed. It became an unwanted 'joke' in the hobby but the Enya Bros. never reacted------in any way whatsoever. When the Pattern option for four cycles was increased to 120 the Enya 155R was 'IT'. The usual Altec problems fixed that-----roughly 1981 as I remember it.
I tend to stay with one brand for convenience and performance as I find that 'knowing' the engine has many benefits in this RC hobby. At one time it was Enya------unfortunately long ago.

The Enya Brothers made a fine product------the two cycle 60 III wasn't the most powerful but it was the most reliable with adequate power.

Edit correction: the 120 should have been shown as 'the Enya 120R' ------the 155 is a current design.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:34 AM
NM2K

ORIGINAL: onewasp

(Quote}

{Quote}

Ahhhhh that is where the rub comes (came) in. Altec made it hard to get the engines and almost impossible to get the parts you wanted.

Surprised you missed that Ed. It became an unwanted 'joke' in the hobby but the Enya Bros. never reacted------in any way whatsoever. When the Pattern option for four cycles was increased to 120 the Enya 155R was 'IT'. The usual Altec problems fixed that-----roughly 1981 as I remember it.
I tend to stay with one brand for convenience and performance as I find that 'knowing' the engine has many benefits in this RC hobby. At one time it was Enya------unfortunately long ago.

The Enya Brothers made a fine product------the two cycle 60 III wasn't the most powerful but it was the most reliable with adequate power.

------------------

I remember the wailings of the various hobbyshop owners from long ago. The minimum account numbers (minimum monthly order totals) were high. Too high for a small hobbyshop to meet on a regular basis. Another loser distributor was Ace Hobbies. What a PITA to deal with, according to my friends that owned hobbyshops "back in the day".

My second low wing plane (1970) was powered by an Enya .60 II that I bought from a good friend (Bruce Keller - now deceased). It was as reliable as an anvil. Never got around to flying a Series III.

I had an Enya 1.20R. It was a great engine.

Ed Cregger
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 AM
FoamyVictim

Does anyone know where to find the weight of the 120R? I'm getting one really soon, and would like to know if and how much tail weight I'll need to add when installing it on a Funtana 90
Old 08-26-2007, 08:10 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

The following is an email thread re Enya parts direct from Japan. I could not ask for nor have I ever rec'd better service. Second to none. I am a very happy camper.

Try to get your parts directly from Enya. You won't be dissappointed. Just do a search for currency conversion, you'll get that free online and extrapolate what it costs in dollars, shekels, pounds, dinars etc.

I needed drop in replacements for Norvels and contacted several engine Mfgrs for specs on all their rods. Only Ken Enya responded. To me, that says a lot about Enya. A real shame that they can't get good distributor support.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++

Hello Andy,

Thank you for inquire about the parts of our procucts.

Unfortunately, There is no size that you request rod.

By the way.

The check reached from you today.
Thank you for your order.

Today I send you your order by EMS service.

EMS Item number is EI347578497JP.

You can tracking your order.
Please confirm it in the following address.

Japan post
http://www.ems-post.jp/index.php

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
http://www.usps.com/shipping/trackan...rackandconfirm

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

Ken Enya

ENYA METAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD.  ------------
16-3 Tikumasawa-higashi, Miyoshi-machi, Iruma-gun,
Saitama, 354-0046 Japan
PHONE: +81-49-259-5783 FAX: +81-49-259-3075
Business hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (+0900) / Monday to Friday
E-MAIL: [email protected]
URL: http://www.enya-engine.com/index_E.htm

----- Original Message -----
To: Enya metal products
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 5:15 AM
Subject: * Re: Connecting rods

Ken,

I wish to order some of your rods.

I need to know also, If you have a rod made like this,

Center distance 33.25mm OR 33.5mm OR 34mm
Big end, 5mm
small end, 5.5mm

Thank you,

Andy

To: andy woitowicz2
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:36 PM
Subject: Re: Connecting rods

Hello Andy,

Thank you for inquire about the parts of our procucts.

The price of the connectiong rod of SS15 as follows.
------------------------------------------
6x Connecting rod(S1505)=JPY4,410(JPY735/1pcs)
------------------------------------------

Postage is about JPY1,200 (Less than 300g) by EMS.

I saw the picture and the movie of your engine.
I think it is not only DIY level.
I was surprised at your wonderful engine.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Ken Enya

ENYA METAL PRODUCTS CO., LTD.  ------------
16-3 Tikumasawa-higashi, Miyoshi-machi, Iruma-gun,
Saitama, 354-0046 Japan
PHONE: +81-49-259-5783 FAX: +81-49-259-3075
Business hours: 9:00 to 17:00 (+0900) / Monday to Friday
E-MAIL: [email protected]
URL: http://www.enya-engine.com/index_E.htm

To: Enya metal products
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 1:52 AM

Ken,

Please give me a price for 6 only of the SS15 connecting rods.

Thanks,

Andy

To: andy woitowicz2
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:45 AM

Dear Andy Woitowicz,

Thank you for visited our web site.
And, Thank you use our products.

I see your photograph and videos.
I think, your diesel convert modification is great.

I confirm that, the center distance length and the bore of the rod at both ends.

Model center distance big end small end
11CX 23.0mm 4.5mm 4.0mm
SS15 27.0mm 4.5mm 4.0mm
21CX 28.0mm 5.0mm 4.0mm
SS25 29.0mm 5.0mm 5.0mm
35X 29.0mm 5.5mm 5.0mm
SS40 34.5mm 6.0mm 5.5mm

Old 08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting post. Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
fox59

Tried them for one part I needed - no can do! They referred me to Enya direct from Japan.

www.enya-engine.com

This worked great. Got parts in 2 weeks after initial email contact. Ken Enya replyed to me quickly and I have a handful of parts to refurbish old enyas I aquired recently. Had everything I needed.

fox59
Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
usna71
Banned

An Enya 120R weighs almost exactly 2 pounds without the muffler. I just weighed one. As far a ENYA being the preferred engine if available, I lived in Japan where the Enya line was readily available and the OS line was the preferred engine manufacturer. Most guys in Sasebo were using OS.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:57 AM
NM2K

I'm not surprised that the Japanese locals seem to prefer OS over Enya. After all, when is the last time that Enya brought out some new products in a volume similar to OS? I'm not deriding Enya, but folks like to feel that a company is committed to their own survival.

It also helps if the "look" of the engine is modernized occasionally. Personally, I don't care much about the modern look of OS engines, but some of the younger flyers appear to be impressed.

I wonder if there are spots in the world where Enya is as readily available as OS products seem to be? One gets the impression here in the US that the parent company of the Enya model engine division of the company (if there is one) is but a minor consideration when compared to other manufacturing efforts. I am just curious and I mean no offense to Enya.

Ed Cregger
Old 01-19-2008, 05:16 AM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahah indeed, I had to buy my Enya engines from the Canary Islands !