Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Super Tigre G3250 Radial Mount

Old 06-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Super Tigre G3250 Radial Mount

I recently bought the Super Tigre G-3250 and opened up the box to find this round mount that replaces the existing backplate and attaches to the firewall. The only problem is that I worry about vibration since it is all metal. It also attaches with only three screws, compared to the standard four that you use to attach nylon mounts.

I can only assume that they include the mount with the engine because it is a decent option, otherwise it would be a complete waste of money for them to manufacture the mount at all.

The engine is for a Goldberg Extra 330 77".

If any of you have used this engine, (yes, I know, buy the ST fuel! I ordered a case of it yesterday ) and the included radial mount, please let me know your thoughts. Or, if you just have an opinion, I'm all ears!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Super Tigre G3250 Radial Mount

The radial mount works great. Three 3/16" screws can suspend a small car so don't worry about strength. If vibration is an issue with the radial mount, it will be as well with a nylon mount.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:20 AM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the radial mount and so far have had no problems with it at all. In fact, it was very easy to mount it in the correct location. Now if I could just get the engine to stop leaning out mid-flight...
Old 04-09-2007, 05:04 PM
dwkehoss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did you make out with your 3250? I am still breaking mine in and using the radial mount on a CG 77 inch yak.. I am trying to overcome a lean full throttle condition , thanx
Old 04-09-2007, 06:12 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I made a mistake when I mounted mine. I have it on a Sig Suhkio. The engine box has a removable top in the SIG. I put the mount with one screw on top and the two on the bottom. I had to reinforce the engine box because of this. It would flex the center of the firewall down. It may do the same thing putting the two screws on top but it would put the pressure point closer to the edge of the firewall. Instead of at the top in the center.

dwkehoss, If you are using standard fuel line this may be your problem. Use the larger size line. Also buy the next size up brass to go through the stopper on the tank. I also drilled out my clunk and the nipple on the carb. I don't have any trouble with mine since I did all that. I am using a Zinger Pro Series 18x6. The big Tigre pulls hard with this set up.

David