Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

different tru turn adaptors for Saito 180

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

different tru turn adaptors for Saito 180

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
waring_abbott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default different tru turn adaptors for Saito 180

I'm in the middle of buying some new spinners from Tru Turn for my Saitos -- both are 4 stroke 180s, one from 1999 and the other is brand new. Tru Turn says I need different adpators for each. I like Tru Turn, no problems with them, but what is different from 1999 to 2006? The shaft (now listed as 8mm x 1.25mm) is the same since I swapped prop nuts on each and they worked fine. What am I missing?
thanks,
Waring Abbott
Old 06-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Pepe J
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: different tru turn adaptors for Saito 180

If the overall length and thread length on the crankshafts are the same, I don't see why both would not be interchangeable? Earlier 4 strokes had shorter crankshafts which did not use a second jamn-nut, but I believe the 180 has been the same since it's introduction.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: different tru turn adaptors for Saito 180

I suggest you contact Tru Turn via e-mail with your needs.

I ran into a problem with a spinner and adapter I ordered for a Saito 82 based on info from their website. Nothing would fit except the crankshaft thread size was correct. After a couple of e-mails Tru Turn had me set up with the correct adapters and spinner for my use. Basically I had to re order everything, including two different adapters for use with different prop hub thicknesses.

Dave

Revver Bro #133