Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

slimline large volume pitts muffler

Old 09-13-2006, 09:03 AM
bjnginge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slimline large volume pitts muffler

does anyone run one of these mufflers?do they have a pressure fitting?ive read some posts about backpressure problems.anyone got photos cause they look cool[>:]
Old 09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
LuvBipes
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: slimline large volume pitts muffler

yup, using 2 of em on Moki 2.10's. Like all the other large-engine BCM pitts mufflers, not enough back pressure so plugged one of the pipes. runs fine that way w/ nice deep bass rumble exhaust note
Old 09-13-2006, 05:44 PM
delman

I have a slimline large volume pitts muffler on my os91fx - no problem with pressure. It comes with built in restrictors in the exhaust tubes.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:52 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
What are you asking about? Back pressure, or muffler pressure, they are not the same thing!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 AM
bjnginge

ive read of problems about the high end needle being unresponsive,not sure if that problem is caused by not enough pressure to the tank or lack of backpressure.how is it down south alan?its really blowing up at brisbane at the moment
Old 09-14-2006, 06:21 AM
alan0899

G'day Mate,
Fine down here, has been crappy for week, but should be able to fly this weekend.
Usually if the high end needle is unresponsive, it is caused by lack of crankcase suction, engine is not run in properly, you read all these tails about crimping off exhaust tubes to increase back pressure, but that is muffler pressure, that they are trying to increase, instead of making sure the motor is run in properly, & then it should suck enough fuel into the carby, the pressure line to the tank only helps to keep the fuel flowing, as the tank level decreases, but it should be able to run, on the ground, without muffler pressure. I have an OS 160FX with a Bisson Pitts muffler, it has a pressure line to the tank, & it runs sweet, without crimping exhaust tubes, or adding pumps or regulators.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:49 AM
bjnginge

i think i might try a slimline pitts with the super tigre g90 on my new super chipmunk.should fit good and soung good as well.thanks for your help fellas.