Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Jett Engineering In_cowl Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 09:00 AM
*Gilly-delete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jett Engineering In_cowl Mufflers

Hi i have a shiny new os 160FX engine. I am thinking of buying a jett engineering turbo_jett in cowl muffler has anyone used one of these mufflers if so can you let me know what they are like eg, power increase, noise, powerband eg, is it muddy at the bottom like some turned pipes. Also has anyone tried a smoke system with them. Thanks alot would appreciate the feedback.
Old 02-06-2002, 03:30 PM
TopShelf
My Feedback: (4)

I've got one on the way for my OS 90FX. I'll post my results as soon as I get it on the test stand.

Kent
Old 02-06-2002, 10:12 PM
w0mbat
My Feedback: (1)

I have one on a .46FX - my rpms increased by about 1000. The performance is really snappy, not like a tuned pipe. It is a lot louder than the regular muffler and hard to direct the exhaust because you can't put extensions on the exhaust tube or the engine wont run.

The only problem I have had is the muffler falls apart all the time even if I use red loctite.