Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Ok Saito club guys help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
PJ2008

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ok Saito club guys help me out!

also, transition is fine and responsive... peak rpm is around 9300, 200-300lower than the peak at 9600... the prop is a bolly 13.5 by 6
and i am using wildcat 15%...

Old 02-17-2008, 10:24 AM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

Be patient with the Saito 72 it takes it a little while to come into its own. I have 5 or 6 Saitos and they all run great now. But there is one that I had a time with right on the start and guess which one it was, Saito 72. None of my others Saitos complanined at all at any point but it took it(72) about 2 gallons of in the air flying before it finally broke in and I could adjust the low needle to the correct setting. Now guess which engine is my favorite, yep 72. My 72 is about six years old too and still going strong. I think it is about time for bearings as it does have a very slight movent in prop shaft. I just don't know how many gallons is through it but is many.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:08 PM
PJ2008

hi buzzingb,

thanks for the post. yes i am getting impatient after 2 months of trying. indeed i miss the nice saito sound, particularly when mounted on scale planes,
it really adds to the realism.

while i have just purchased an Os 70 to replace this saito, i will come back to tune the saito on the test stand, when i have more time.

i mean, i dont have a choice
Old 02-18-2008, 08:24 PM
buzzingb
My Feedback: (2)

Probally the low speed needle is out of adjustment and needs more run time. One thing that makes Saitos so good is, when they aren't adjusted and setup properly they will let you know it thereby causing the operator to do something to please the engine. It is kind of like a good woman, if things aren't right she will let it be known..
Old 02-18-2008, 09:46 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buzz,

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds too rich on the low speed side. Pohjune, are you sure your low speed needle valve is set lean enough? This is the cause of many problems like you are having.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
PJ2008

hi blw and all,

thanks for all the advice.

on the recommendation of some friends, i have passed and given the saito engines to
others who can tune them better. i feel really sad and "defeated" that i will be missing the nice saito sounds. and i wish all of you
saito club members the very best.