hi all!!!!

ys 45 is an engine of os?
what company is the ys???
Old 01-27-2003, 06:31 AM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 45???

YS is a completely different Japanese manufacturer of Glow Engines from OS. YS and OS are not related.

The YS 45 is an excellent 2 stroke engine - more expensive and more powerful than the OS 46FX.
Old 01-27-2003, 07:33 AM
meeko

Default Ys 45???

the name of the company is YS?
what the name of the company?
Old 01-27-2003, 09:28 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ys 45???

If memory serves me, Yamada Manufacturing Company of Japan, then and now YS Futaba Corporation...
Old 01-27-2003, 03:22 PM
terry1962

Default Ys 45???

Actually, Futaba no longer has anything to do with YS. The distributor and service for YS here in the US is YS performance in Nevada. YS engines, since there introduction in the US has dominated the pattern world, and probably will for a long time to come. There are other engines making a strong showing, however, as can be seen by the make up of power plants at the NATS, YS is still, by far, the most used engine. With a little bit of a learning curve, a YS is a very powerful and user friendly engine and the YS is probably one of the more user friendly engines of the line. Remember to filter your fuel, it is VERY sensitive to even the smallest speck of dirt. Good luck, Terry
Old 01-27-2003, 05:16 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ys 45???

YS Futaba Corporation of America was the importer and factory service center of Futaba and YS Engines. Great Planes did indeed purchase Futaba Corporation of America from Futaba Corporate, Japan.

Do we know if there is NO connection with Futaba and YS any longer at the corporate level, in Japan? Or was there ever?
Old 01-27-2003, 08:17 PM
terry1962

Default Ys 45???

Not sure about any "down the line" connection, however, here in the states, Futaba of America had the distributorship and sold it to Richard Virano and his partner to form YS Performance. Futaba of America has nothing to do with YS here now. As a matter of fact, Rick Mattie was the YS engine tech at Futaba, and now works for Airtronics I believe. For YS service and parts, contact Richard at YS Performance http://www.pspec.com/
Richard is a great guy and willing to go above the call to help out on any YS problem or question. For a time, Mr. Yamada's son was there with Richard in the service dept. Not sure if he still is or not.
Take care, Terry Brox
Old 01-27-2003, 09:56 PM
ShempHoward
My Feedback: (3)

Default Ys 45???

YS was distributed by Futaba here in the US for many years but when GP/Hobbico took over the Futaba distribution YS went with Performance Specialties. In Japan YS has no connection with Futaba. BTW - Futaba owns OS.