Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Ultra Thrust muffler

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:53 PM
hooty301

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Thrust muffler

Im looking for a Perfomance Speicalties Ultra Thrust muffler for my OS .61fx .Where could I find this ? Also what would be a better choice for max power, the Ultra Thrust ,Jett or a regular unmuffled tuned pipe? I was told to ask here about the ultra thrust.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
mstam
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Ultra Thrust muffler

ORIGINAL: hooty301

Im looking for a Perfomance Speicalties Ultra Thrust muffler for my OS .61fx .Where could I find this ? Also what would be a better choice for max power, the Ultra Thrust ,Jett or a regular unmuffled tuned pipe? I was told to ask here about the ultra thrust.
This is YS support :-)

You didn't tell where you want the engine's power peak to be. Need it to be tuned for torque or max power?
For torque get yourself the shortest www.pspec.com muffler.
For max power use either the long Ultratrust muffler or a Macs (pre-tuned) pipe.
http://www.macspro.com/pretunedsystem.asp
or http://www.macspro.com/tunedpipes.asp if you like to tune yourself.

Props: Use low pitch (wide) props (APC) for torque. Use a higher pitch for power, depending on your application you want a 7 to 9 pitch. Start with 7.

For torque use a prop that lets the engine run between max torque and max power rpm, for power tune for max power rpm.

You already own the 61? If not, get yourself the 91.

Attached WAS an OS50-SX incl. Ultratrust muffler and Perry pump, tuned for max everything. It only lasted 6 months and is not worth repairing anymore.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75788.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	589084  
Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Turk1

ORIGINAL: mstam

Attached WAS an OS50-SX incl. Ultratrust muffler and Perry pump, tuned for max everything. It only lasted 6 months and is not worth repairing anymore.
Do you mean OS or plane died?
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_197/tt.htm

Ask Dave Shadel...I know it sez YS Support, but he's the guy you'd get an U-T from.
They also make them for engines other that YS's

Maybe point him towards the thread of yours in the Extreme Speed forum so he can see what you are trying to do?

Edit: Added link http://www.pspec.com/results.asp?category=8
Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 PM
hooty301

Thanks for your help I appriciate it.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:54 PM
mstam

ORIGINAL: Turk1

ORIGINAL: mstam

Do you mean OS or plane died?
OS
piece of piston broken, piston ring eaten, grooves in cilinder and I already replaced the bearings earlier.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:42 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

I'll bet you got less than 10 hours total flying time when the first set of bearing went bye bye on that 50.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Ultrathrust mufflers work really good. I run a pair on my Twin Air. I started with 46FX engines and they lasted a year or two before they were flat worn out, and then I replaced them with the newer 46AX engines.

The idle and transition has always been perfect which is important for a twin, and I get around 1000 RPM more with an Ultrathrust than with a regular muffer. But power does come at a cost. My experience is that running at peak or leaner with a tuned exhaust is really tough on engines. I ran 15% coolpower in the FX engines. I switched to 10% Omega for the AX engines and tune a little richer than I would using regular mufflers.

Walt
Old 11-23-2023, 07:15 AM
vwitte

Default Where can I purchase an Ultrathrust Muffler? Thanks

Originally Posted by Build-n-flyer-RCU
Ultrathrust mufflers work really good. I run a pair on my Twin Air. I started with 46FX engines and they lasted a year or two before they were flat worn out, and then I replaced them with the newer 46AX engines.

The idle and transition has always been perfect which is important for a twin, and I get around 1000 RPM more with an Ultrathrust than with a regular muffer. But power does come at a cost. My experience is that running at peak or leaner with a tuned exhaust is really tough on engines. I ran 15% coolpower in the FX engines. I switched to 10% Omega for the AX engines and tune a little richer than I would using regular mufflers.

Walt
where can I purchase an ultraThrust muffler?
thanks. OS 40 46 and 91FX
Old 12-03-2023, 05:36 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

They aren’t made anymore, so the only place you will find them is on the secondary market. What IS still available is the Jett Jettstream muffler from Dub Jett engines. Dubjett.com

The red mufflers are right on par with the ultra thrust in terms of power and tractability.