Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 01:44 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New 4 strokes

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

"inexpensive casting".
That is only a finish, some like some don't. It may be done that way to save money, I don't know. Earlier ASPS had a smoother finish similar to OS and TT, I thought this looked better. Fox used to use a real cheap finish. No texture in the molds to maintain, no blasting, etching, or cleaning of the injection molded parts. Just throw them in a drum and let the tumble in an abrasive polish for a time. Made for a highly polished finish, but you could see slight swirls where the aluminum would ever so slightly change density, and it highlighted very small surface voids of which every casting has a few. With a finished surface the edge of the voids would smooth a bit and would hardly be noticed.

---------------

Ermmmm....

Your post is shown as being in reply to me, but the quote you included is not mine. Now you are putting words in my mouth - er - fingertips? <G>

Or is your quote mine from an earlier post? I don't need help getting confused, old friend.

Ed Cregger

Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
yallaair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asmund!

I'll remember to say "you better give me a good one or......" next time I'll order.....

Unfortunately i DON'T handle 400lbs weights when I do some workout, maybe that's the reason....
Old 03-05-2007, 04:25 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, its time for you to put some effort into your work outs, THEN also you will get the good Magnums[sm=48_48.gif]