Default RE: Our Friend Bill Robison is OK

I'm in for Paypal!

Bob
Old 02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought something had to be wrong, I hadn't seen Bill post in a while. Sorry for his loss, and glad he and family are okay. There but for the Grace..........go any of us. I'll have a check ready for when I find out where to send it.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:03 PM
RC Specialties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flyboy Dave,

A donation to Bill has been sent. Thank you for organizing this effort.

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 07:09 PM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its great to be a part of such a great bunch of people, hang in there Bill!!

pm sent.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM
kram-RCU

Guys, please don't take this the wrong way:

I have come to know and respect Bill over the internet for the last several years. I think loss of his house and cat and hobby is a tragic thing, and now is the time for all good men to come to his aid, BUT:

Contributing to a relief fund via internet stranger (to me) ain't the way to go!

I have enough trouble doing regular business with PayPal, what with all the phishers and con artists that swarm around the system.

Can't someone close to him geographically set up an account at a reputable bank, with Bill's name officially attached to it? Attach pictures and newspaper accounts and at least a message from Bill himself. Then, a lot of us will feel more comfortable making sizeable donations.

Respectfully,

mt
Old 02-16-2007, 07:43 PM
FLYBOY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

glad you are ok Bill!
Old 02-16-2007, 08:07 PM
RC Specialties

MT,

You have a valid point. Is there someone near Bill to set this up? No disrespect to Flyboy Dave, but there should be a more formal way to contribute. Sorry FBD.

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 08:14 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ed_Moorman lives on the other side of town from William

Ed Moorman, AMA 553, IMAA 2540, KD4QBM
R/C Report Magazine, Fun Aerobatics Column
Old 02-16-2007, 08:46 PM
RaceCity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Flyboy Dave is a fairly well known & liked individual on this forum. I have no issues with his administering the relief monies, especially since this was done on the fly, and FBD stepped up to the plate.

FBD is fine by me.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:09 PM
RC Specialties

This has been bothering me and this is how I feel. I want to help Bill. Part of what is wrong with todays society is a lack of trust in our fellow man. We live our lives being suspicious of everything and everybody. We must have trust in the character of our fellow man. FBD, I apologize is I was offensive. You would have far more to loose than I. My contributions on the way.

Jim
Old 02-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

kram-RCU....

....banks don't take Pay-pal. Bill can't take Pay-Pal right now because he doesn't have
a computer. Bill is my friend...I trust him, and he trusts me. I have been a Moderator
here on RCU for 5 years now. I don't take anything that doesn't belong to me. If someone
gives me 10 cents too much change at the store....I give it back....I don't want it, it's not mine.

I'm doing this and taking on the responcibility because no one else was stepping up to the plate.
Right now I have $395.00 from only 10 contributers....they trused me. If something better comes
along fine....right now this is the only game in town. Look at my gallery of planes....does it look
like I need anything to you ?

Go here and read my feed back comments:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250083630623

FBD.

P.S. Thanks 'Race.....[sm=thumbup.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Ed_Moorman

Hey, guys, I live in the next little town over from Bill and I talked to him yesterday. He told me he is doing fine and doesn't need anything. He said he appreciates your thoughts and prayers. He has some RC equipment and one of the guys who is retired from an IT position gave him a couple of computers. However, he still isn't up on the internet or e-mail yet.

Bobby Franks, who gave him the computers, sees him regularly and is also building a twin for him. If you want really up to date information, his e-mail is [email protected].
Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Flyboy Dave
My Feedback: (21)

ED....I talked to Bill today....

....He has no transmitters....he has two recievers, no servos. He has one plane in a box, and
another plane at a friends and two fuselages.

He has no engines that I know of....in addition, he lost his gun collection....lots of nice rifles and
stuff. Bill is the kind of a guy that would do anyhting to help people....even people he doesn't know
he would go out of his way to help. He is a kind and honest man as well.

But, he's also the kind of a guy....even down and out.... you ask him if he needs anything, he
would say....No, I'm alright. [X(] That's bill's nature....he doesn't like to put anyone else out....

....but he would likely give you the shirt off his back.

This is the only way we know how to help a friend.

FBD.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:12 PM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did Bill insure his house and property?
Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Guys, you've got no worries about FBD. Besides, me and the rest of the Revver Brotherhood knows where he hangs out. [>:][sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
khodges

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have no worries, no reservations that my donation won't get where it needs to be. I don't use PayPal, but my check goes out in the morning mail tomorrow (Sat). Thanks Dave, and I hope you're back on the air, and in the air soon, Bill.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:06 AM
mikenlapaz

Bill Robinson,
Been there done that without insurance. My condolences. My prayers are with you during this time. The best mementos are in your mind, not the physical keepsakes.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 AM
kram
My Feedback: (7)

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FBD:

I meant no offence, and I said that up front, but I guess I should have known it would come across that way.

I'm sorry.

In no way did I mean to impugn your integrity.

And of course you're totally correct that Time erodes Charity. The longer we wait to do something, the less people will be interested.

I just think that regarding donations, there would be "more of them and more in them" if we could set this up more formally. The internet can be a very powerful tool of Good in such cases.

I agree with you that Bill wouldn't ask for anything even if he needed it. All the more reason we should give him a hand.

mt
Old 02-17-2007, 02:07 AM
proptop
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I have an extra K&B .61 around here someplace...I know Bill likes those
He was the first guy on RCU ( back almost 5 years ago ) to sort of reach out and help me with my Saito .80...he opened up the valve spring pockets on my old version .80 so it would take the new/larger springs.
I don't have a whole lot of $...I quit my job to take care of my mom after she had a heart attack and stroke, but if I have something that I'm not using, I'd gladly try to help out any of my world wide club members here[sm=thumbup.gif]

Bill...I lost my old friend (cat ) too, several months ago...he was 17 yrs. old and like my best buddy...I know how ya feel []
Old 02-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Jim, Bill, and myself are all friends, I can't call any of them for less than an hour or longer. Dave is a trustworthy guy who partly grew up in western Pa as I did. Our political views are 180 opposed but he's my friend.

Being "gearheads" is our common ground.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 AM
gjeffers

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave has political views [X(], nooo, say its not true

checks in the mail Dave

ps:i wouldnt be where i am without Bill[8D]......thanks Bill!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:44 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Flyboy Dave stepped up. He is a known on RCU and I trust him completely. My check is on the way to him for forwarding to Bill Robison.

Although Bill did have insurance, as I wrote before, it will not take care of everything.

Don't be nervous, pony up, and let's get this thing done. I consider this an effort to help out a fellow RC'er.

My thanks to Flyboy Dave for "taking the bull by the horns". If he hadn't, we would probably still be discussing it in the forums.

doubledee
Old 02-17-2007, 09:47 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Flyboy Dave stepped up. He is a known on RCU and I trust him completely. My check is on the way to him for forwarding to Bill Robison.

Although Bill did have insurance, as I wrote before, it will not take care of everything.

Don't be nervous, pony up, and let's get this thing done. I consider this an effort to help out a fellow RC'er.

My thanks to Flyboy Dave for "taking the bull by the horns". If he hadn't, we would probably still be discussing it in the forums. My only suggestion would be that Flyboy Dave come up with some sort of cut off amount or date.

doubledee

Sorry for the double post, would appreciate it if one of the moderators would delete the other post.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 AM
depfife
My Feedback: (14)

Sorry to hear of Bill's misfortune. I am proud to see see his RCU "family" coming together to help out.

Thanks for stepping up Flyboy Dave. Handling the contributions involves work, and your efforts are appreciated. I think paypal is by far the best way to accept donations from an internet based group. I have been on RCU since the beginning and although I have never met Dave or Bill in person I feel comfortable vouching for their integrity. ( and that is saying a lot for an old cop who assumes everyone is guilty until proven innocent)

Dave - PM and paypal sent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.