Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Where to find Enya 80-4C head

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Where to find Enya 80-4C head

Some years ago I broke the rocker arm support on my Enya .80 as that piece of the head also doubles as the hold down point for the valve cover. Torqued it just a hair too tight, and that was that. I recently got the engine out of a box and decided I'd like to get it back in a plane, but I'm having trouble locating a head for it. I'd love to just pick up a used motor with a broken crank or the like to keep around for parts, but there doesn't seem to be anything around. Any thoughts?

Also, I believe I read somewhere that the .60 and .80 are all the same with the exception of the crankcase being bored out for the .80, so I guess if I could locate a .60 parts motor everything else would be interchangeable including the head, right? Thanks.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:52 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Where to find Enya 80-4C head

I would try MRC-Altec Marketing here in the USA first (I'm assuming you are in the US). A Google search should find them quickly.

If they do not have it, or you would rather deal with someone else, go to the Enya website in Japan. Their URL is: http://www.enya-engine.com/index_E.htm

The Enya 80-4C is one of my favorite engines of all time. Good luck obtaining a cylinder head.

Oh, one more thing, I have bought all of my Enya 80-4C engines, except one, off eBay or RCU's sales site. They are all used and all of them have arrived in great condition. Enya owners seem to be a bit more diligent about the condition of their engines than other brand owners, for some reason.

Let us know how you fare - where you obtained the part - in this thread. TIA

Ed Cregger
Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM
Bone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mmmm.........if the engine has had the bore enlarged, then its a pretty good bet that the combustion chamber in the head has also been enlarged. If that is the case, the 60 head would not be suitable on the 80 engine.

Cobra99 - check your PM's - have sent you some details re finding a 80 head
Old 03-24-2007, 09:09 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cobra99

Some years ago I broke the rocker arm support on my Enya .80 as that piece of the head also doubles as the hold down point for the valve cover. Torqued it just a hair too tight, and that was that. I recently got the engine out of a box and decided I'd like to get it back in a plane, but I'm having trouble locating a head for it. I'd love to just pick up a used motor with a broken crank or the like to keep around for parts, but there doesn't seem to be anything around. Any thoughts?

Also, I believe I read somewhere that the .60 and .80 are all the same with the exception of the crankcase being bored out for the .80, so I guess if I could locate a .60 parts motor everything else would be interchangeable including the head, right? Thanks.

---------------

Yes, the .80 (actually a .74 - I did the math) shares many common parts with the 60-4C, but as Bone has indicated, bore specific parts may not interchange.

Ed Cregger
Old 03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I'll have to keep an eye on that auction. I'd really like to find just a head instead of having to buy a complete motor, if possible. I searched around on MRC's site and didn't see it listed there, but sent them an email to ask about it. From some of the other heads I saw there though, I might as well just buy a new engine. Used would definitely be the preferred route here.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Bone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It might be worth an email to these guys here in Australia - you just never know what might be lurking on their shelves or in the storeroom. Here is their link: www.modelflight.com.au