Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Supertigre Going Out of Business????

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Supertigre Going Out of Business????

Old 02-20-2002, 05:35 PM
razorback11
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supertigre Going Out of Business????

Hey Fellas,
Heard a nasty rumour the other day that "Supertigre" is going down the tubes. The story that was passed to me went something like this.... Supertigre decided to move their factory and entire operation from Italy to Taiwan. They apparently sold their Itallian property and struck a deal with a firm in Taiwan and while they were in transit to their new location, the deal fell completely apart. They got cought in transition with no home and were going down for the third time. The person who told me wasn't sure if they got bought out by someone prior to their final death but he thought that was the case. Anybody heard anything along these lines??? Like I said....got this second or third hand so if someone has some better data it would be appreciated. Razorback11
Old 02-20-2002, 05:42 PM
snsmith
My Feedback: (5)

As I understand it, the Hobbico conglomerate bought out Super Tigre and is in the process of bringing the tooling up in China (this has been confirmed elsewhere by Hobbico). Supposedly, the tooling is going to the same place that the GMS engines are made.

I haven't heard the version of the story that you describe (but of course that doesn't mean anything <g>)...
Old 02-20-2002, 11:18 PM
razorback11
My Feedback: (9)

I apologize for the "Hey Fellas" lead-in. Razorback11
Old 02-21-2002, 02:48 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will miss Super Tigre if they disappear also. One can only hope that the Chinese manufacturers and their new CNC equipment will improve the quality. Lets keep our fingers crossed. If they fold we will all be the worse for it.

Vince
Old 02-21-2002, 04:15 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SUPER TIGRE ENGINES

LadyFlyer: I owned a S.40 Bluehead. It was my favorite engine of all times. Had it on many airplanes, and the compression was geting low for good hand starts. I placed a pump on it and it revved higher than it ever did, it screemed. Never did wear that engine out, a friend bought it, I gave him low price on it because I sure got my $$ worth out of it. I sure hope the new company will use good metals like the orginal. I am sure they can machine the parts as good(I hope) Thanks Captain John