Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Moki throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
ScaleME
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki throttle body

Test running my Moki 2.1 revealed that when the throttle is lowered as far a possible the engine still runs - in other words the throttle body is not fully closing thus sealing off air. I have losened the nut that allows adjustment of the throttle lever (where the clevis attached) but the body still seems to stop short of the fully closed position. Any clues on how I can change this so that I can shut the engine down with idle trim?

ScaleME
Old 05-20-2007, 04:36 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Moki throttle body

If it looks like this one, you should be able to unlock the jam nut and back out the throttle barrel stop screw. That is what adjusts the closed position of the barrel. If it didn't act as a keeper to hold the barrel in, it could be completely removed and the hole plugged, and just using the radio end points to adjust where the barrel stops and starts its travel.

If your linkage and radio buttons allow where the travel is adjusted, back this screw out just past where it does not become a factor to the barrel rotation at all from being fully closed, and reset the jam nut to lock it.

The barrel bore should be small enough to close off the air on each side of the intake hole when its closed.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81018.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	688143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56022.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	688144  
Old 05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
ScaleME
My Feedback: (3)