Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Evo 1.00 Low end tune that works

Old 05-31-2007, 09:09 AM
Blade47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo 1.00 Low end tune that works

I have had the Evo 1.00 for three summers now and have not been very pleased with the low mid range acceleration ,,,,,, so ,,,, I took the time last weekend to rework the top end and mid range.

Take the high speed blue collar off and tune for top end. You should be able to point the nose of the plane almost straight up and hear a increase in RPM ..if the engine dies then its to lean ...if to rich and no increase in RPM lean it a little more.

Now STOP the engine and take the mid range ( low speed needle ) blue ring off.

Make sure the throttle barrel is FULL closed..... MAKE SURE the Barrel is full closed each time you move the low end needle.

Turn the low speed needle in until it is Full closed ....DO NOT OVER tighten ...just until you feel it stop.

Now back out the needle 1 1/4 Turn.

Start engine and warm it up ( at least 30 sec ) ... move it to full throttle to clear the fuel out then reduce to Idle for 15 sec ... NOW give it full throttle again (fast ) if it dies then turn the low end out 1/8 turn and try again ...NOW the fun part ...if it didn't die the first time then turn ....IN ...1/8 turn when you find the sweet spot you will know as it will almost instantly accelerate ...for some you may need to back out the needle another 1/8th turn but on mine I had to do it twice at 1/8 turn in and man what a difference. IF the engine dies when turn in 1/8 then you have will have to back it out an 1/8th.

Then re tune the top end.

Replace the low end collar ...... I did not put the top end collar on after this.

I am using a MAS 13x6 prop Hanger 9 Super plug and 10% fuel

Let me know how you made out.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Blade47

Default RE: Evo 1.00 Low end tune that works

This tune up also works well with the smaller Evo's as we also made the same adjustments same day on a .46
Old 06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Blade47

I see that some have read this thread ..has anyone tried it out yet?
Old 06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
wessco
My Feedback: (7)

I got a ST90 carb on mine. Seems to work much better.