Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Are Saito Parts Interchangeable???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:09 AM
errie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Saito Parts Interchangeable???

Just want to know if one can use different Saito model's parts on other ones? Like 62,72,82 and 100,120,150 Obviously not a piston, cylinder head etc. Im talking like carbs, conrods,valves etc.

If a model gets discontinued, it would be nice to still carry on with some of the other model's parts?

Old 08-23-2007, 04:37 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Are Saito Parts Interchangeable???

Yes lots of parts do interchange. If you go to the horizon hobbies site on saito parts ,they will show what a specific part fits different engines. You first have to look up engine code numbers. These are like A ,B,AA ,ZZ,ect. If it is listed like fits E-BB all engines between those letters interchange................
Old 08-23-2007, 05:19 AM
errie

Thanks speedster, does anyone know if this is the same with OS Fourstrokes? I see the Surpass 52 is discontinued on tower hobbies. There are now new 56 and 81 models out, and they dont look if they would be interchangeable with the previous surpass models. I am a big fan of OS, but I cant see me buying more of them if they keep changing!!! [&o] I suppose they do it to keep ASP,Magnum and SC of their back.

So far Saito is keeping their models the same! which is a good thing.....RIGHT?
Old 08-23-2007, 05:39 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

I have an OS 48 that shares parts with an OS 52. In fact w8ye has an OS 48 that is half OS 52 parts which now makes it an OS 50 now. If you like the 52 , parts will be available for a long time.........There is and old saying that most times hold true with engines ,especially. On a brand new design waite a few years till they get the bugs out of it. Case in point , the OS peeling liners were on a new design and the OS 70 took a couple of tries and still is a little flakey.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:36 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not only did I make my OS 48 into a OS 52, I also made my OS 91 Surpass I into a OS 91 Surpass II.

Both engines run very nicely.

I also have other OS engines in these sizes and the modified ones run as good as the ones that are original.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As regards to Saito interchangeability, there are several Saito families that share many common parts between them. In the singles, there is the 30-40S, small, medium, and large families. The multi-cylinder engines share many parts with these singles.

If you study the Saito parts lists in the manuals you can see this commonality. Saito parts from Horizon have a part number that goes like this . . . SAI5074B. The "SAI" refers to Saito. The 50 is the engine size. The "B" is the third design variation of part 74. Part #74 is a muffler. But as you know, there are like 7 or 8 variations of the mufflers on this size engine and some require a different companion manifold pipe to be compatible.

In studying the lists you will see for example, that the same carb is used on the Saito 50, 56, & 62. That the valve covers are the same on all the 45 thru 100 & 125 engines. (Not the 120 which is of the large family). You soon learn which kinds of parts are common and which are most likely different. At any rate, you should always confer with the parts list of an engine to assure the correct part is used.