Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

I want my TT Pro .46

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2003, 01:11 PM
DJSE7EN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want my TT Pro .46

I recently ordered some stuff and the TT pro .46 was one of the
items. I received everything else no problem no engine though i checked the invoice and it said it was on back order i sent a e-mail to the place i ordered from and got this response.

"Dear Customer
I am sorry about the backorder, this item has been out of stock with Thunder Tiger for some time. I am not sure at this time when we will be receiving them, but will send it to you as soon as it arrives"

Does anybody know what might be going on with ace or the manufacture of the TT pro .46 engines i sent ace a email and never got a response hope someone might know whats up cause
i checked tower and their web site says limited quantities and another dealer is out of stock too i just really want my engine
since i put out the cash for it already and i don't want to sit around forever with a finished plane and no engine to fly.. Thanks
Old 03-17-2003, 04:14 PM
Kaos Rulz

Default B.O. should stand for Back Order.....

it should stand for "Bummed Out".

I know it's of no help to you now, however, I always check the status of any item I order prior to placement.

Patience Grasshopper, it'll arrive.
Old 03-17-2003, 05:33 PM
N1EDM-RCU

I've come across this before in my own area. I can't say that I have the definitive answer, but I might have one possible explanation.

The TT .46Pro is the required engine for Quickie-500 racers. They are obligated to use it. I'm curious that perhaps these have been purchased by racers getting ready for a new flying season. Perhaps someone scooped up a bunch of those TT .46 PRO's to sell to the racers as a convenience.

I found this out because our club sponsored a Quickie-500 race last year and we found out all this information.

The engine is popular (I guess that I was just lucky to get mine when I did - I use mine for sport, and no, it's not for sale).

Two possible solutions are to contact the pylon racers in your area. Our local group, NEPRO at www.nepro.org. I'm not sure who governs pylon racing in Illinois, but the NEPRO link might be able to lead you to someone.

The other answer is to contact LHS's to see if they have one. My guess is that the engine is popular and it's not going to go out of production any time soon.

I also see that they are listed at xxx.quantummodels.com but it doesn't way whether they are in stock or not.

Just my $.02

Bob
Old 03-18-2003, 12:53 AM
flyfree69

hobby haven in des-moines iowa. has them on the shelf you might get one by going to www.hobbyhaven.com im sure they have a few on hand ,they did when i got mine;;;
Old 03-20-2003, 05:32 AM
Devo

I received a TT.46 last week from Tower. Took 7 days to get it.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:05 AM
mike1
My Feedback: (1)

TPA hobbies in Branson, Mo had a few. I purchased mine from there last week. $84.99 plus shipping. Search for TPA Hobbies in yahoo and you will find their web site.
mike
Old 04-11-2003, 12:23 AM
Kirkman

Tower is a good place to find the engines,but they dont sell replacement parts. these engines are real screamers but yopu have to watch the hi speed needle, they tend to back out and fall.
two such cases in my area.. took me 5 weeks to get my parts.. But I wouldn't trade it!!!
Old 04-11-2003, 01:27 PM
sswagerty
My Feedback: (53)

Default tt46

hobby haven in overland park ks. has several in stock
phone 913.381.3111