Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

ST carb. jammed

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 05:25 AM
telejojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ST carb. jammed

Was flying my Revolver mon. when the throttle stuck wide open. When the fuel ran out and I got it on the ground I found the barrel in the carb stuck solid even stripped the servo.i had to drive it out,there was a burr that I have no clue how it got there,it was fine before I took off,and during break in,smooth as any.Has anybody had this happen?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:26 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: ST carb. jammed

Your barrel retainer screw probably backed out and with barrel spring trying to push it out .
The screw jumped out of the cut slot.............
Old 09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a common problem with most ST engines. I learn that several years ago. I soon as I get one, I remove the set screw that keeps the barrel aligned and remove the barrel also and make the end of that scre more round and smooth along with the guide that is cut into the barrel. I flew a giant stinger for 20 minutes stuck wide open on a 3250 once Same on as G90. Other than that, great engines
Old 09-04-2007, 08:49 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

I have had burrs as a result of crashes. Just use some fine emery paper and polish it off. I always make sure things are moving around smoothly.

Cheers,

Chip
Old 09-04-2007, 06:54 PM
telejojo

It was smooth as a baby's but before take off,so the theory off screw backing out may be right.........but it seemed to be in place so I don't know.As close of tolerance as it is any kind of burr would lock it up.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The tigres I had, were a bit lacking in deburring the very hard drum. This caused a small burr on the locking screw. This burr caused the drum to lock up. Cleaning and deburring the slot in the drum always cured the problem for good.