Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 58 of 118 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2949

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

Carosel: Awesome Pictures! I am kind of jealous of you still flying. I have stowed all my larger models away for the winter, including the stearman.

Currently working on the other side of the scale and am assembling a "Cartoon Miss America" from Keith Sparks

Tom: NO!! [X(] Your wonderful Engine will actually be bolted to an aeroplane?! ...but...but... it will get all DIRTY there!
    Just to be on the safe side: You will have to put on a slightly larger Prop [>:](just kidding )

Really looking forward to seeing that fly baby with that beautiful shiny engine on it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf97592.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1819612  
    If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving isn\'t for you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Carosel43

Also i have been flying mine with the crank drain plugged. This does make the model cleaner but oil now leaks from all of the poorly fitting pushrod tubes and that makes a right mess. The best solution so far is fly with the drain plug in but let it drain after a flight. then plug again, fly, drain. So far its working well.

Yes, I can confirm that. I have oil coming out of the bases of the pushrod tubes all over the place. On the other hand, it makes the engine look more "real" and bears witness to the fact, that Oil is getting to where it should!

Rev

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rev, i am giving up the warbirds and 'complicated models' quite soon. I doubt the 400 will fly much more as the spats (pants) get full of mud and rubbish. Also when its frozen cold i think the radial will be a pain to get started. As for the warbirds i cant really fly them with the gloves i will soon have to start wearing as i cant get to my switches and flap sliders etc and again all that mud in the retracts is a pain. I do have however my small cap232, the jayracer, some electric helis (sorry guys) and i will soon have a wot4 xl with an experimantal engine on it so i will most likely fly all winter as usual. They do claim we are going to have a harsh winter though...we will see!

Tom, how long do you think it will be until you get your beasty in the air? and ik we all like large props, but the 21x8 menz is really good on the 400 as its a good dia and wont load up the engine too much

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Reverend
    Tom: NO!! [X(] Your wonderful Engine will actually be bolted to an aeroplane?! ...but...but... it will get all DIRTY there!
    Yeah, that has me concerned. I thought I might put a condom over it when I fly it.

Tom, how long do you think it will be until you get your beasty in the air?
    Months. Even though we don't have 'winter' here like you guys, this will be a 'winter build'. I want to take my time assembling this ARF. I want to make sure all glue joints are secure. I want to beef up any areas as I see fit. I want to use all premium components that I can. This means probably getting some better hardware, and most definitely wheels and tires. Getting some premium servos. I already have a Spektrum radio system so I am good there. I also plan to do some extra detailing to make it more personal, and nicer.

Since my beloved radial will be on the front of this airplane I do not want to take any chances with the construction or components used in this Fly Baby.
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats fair comment tom, although the idea of a full engine condom is amusing..it may cause cooling issues! anyway for servos you dont have to go nuts. In the pacer i have 10.5kg (146oz) torque metal gear digitals on ailerons/flaperons. the rudder and each elevator half have 6.5kg (90oz) standard digitals.The jayracer hasthe same arrangment.I am using the savox brand and they are really good and a fair price. for the flybaby you wont need more than 100oz in my opinion as a give the pacer and jayracer more of a thrashing than would suit the flybaby. also i am not pushing the servos even with my thrashings!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys...I found the radial replacement engine for my Gillmore...Its not a round one but it will do..

The HK 55cc flat twin..I was looking at going EP but it was going to cost more...
    Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out \'\'Channel 35 clear!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the cost of large electric is just crazy, i dont know why people bother with it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In some parts of the planet, internal combustion engine noise is deemed unacceptable so electric power is the only option. (Even though many electric planes are far noisier in fact)

Others, (such as hair dressers) just have an aversion to things that are 'oily'. They are the ones who refer to IC powered models as "slimer's"

Some, are smitten with the 'green' fad and feel everything has to be enviro friendly. They look the other way when it comes to the emissions the power generating plants create when making electricity to charge their batteries.

There are those, who no matter the cost, would not run an IC engine for anything. See above.

And some, like myself, appreciate the tech involved in some of the electric motor systems, and all the cool machining and anodizing that goes into the aesthetic component of the designs. But I will not spend the crazy money involved, to listen to a vacuum cleaner flying around.
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree, and i dont know what all the 'green' folks are moaning about anyway as methanol is a bio fuel, castor oil is a bio oil and ML70 bio degrades anyway after a little while. So my fuel IS eco friendly!

Also i have always loved engines, and now i build them as well and know what goes into them its just really nice thinking about all those little parts i made and put together wiggling about all over the place making my prop go round and playing a nice tune for my ears to listen to. In fact the tune my 300v plays is so nice its converted at least one of my club members from electric to 4 stroke i/c he now says the electric models just dont give him the buzz they used to.

While on the topic of engines can someone point me in the direction of a retailer in the us that deals with enya engines as i need a spare part and i think it will be cheaper in the us.

Now, in other news we are apparently going to have some fun at our club this weekend. We have a supply of fireworks that were bought for an event that never materialised....now, we plan to setup a cardboard box village that has been 'occupied' by eco mentallist folks that dislike model aircraft. then, all the guys with warbirds are going to take off.......who can guess whats going to happen next?

Please note this event will NOT be eco friendly in any way and will be for the sole purpose of bringing amusement to a bunch of guys with toy aeroplanes!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

this engine is real noisy the mufflers are very weak and crack.....The flying area at the beach is about 3 klm from the main swimming area. just the camel operators to annoy..

Weve used the bio oil in Husky power equipment and had no problem yet..So the slimy oil complaint is crap.
    Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out \'\'Channel 35 clear!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kmot

In some parts of the planet, internal combustion engine noise is deemed unacceptable so electric power is the only option. (Even though many electric planes are far noisier in fact)

Others, (such as hair dressers) just have an aversion to things that are 'oily'. They are the ones who refer to IC powered models as ''slimer's''

Some, are smitten with the 'green' fad and feel everything has to be enviro friendly. They look the other way when it comes to the emissions the power generating plants create when making electricity to charge their batteries.

The Germans scoff at our electric cars. Since many (if not most) will be charged W/electricty from coal fired generating plants, some say that "clean deisel" technology is acually "greener' than electric.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kmot

Heh Heh

I have been keeping an eye on it. there are no performance figured yet though and thats what i am really looking for

Also on the top picture they show an FG33 3 cyl radial! thats news to me
    Power levels for the FG84R3 will be about the same or less than the FA450R3. It typicall takes about 15% more displacement to make up for the power loss of gasioline over methanol, the 12% increase in displacement will be hard pressed to make it up.

They most likely used 180 bores W/the150 stroke. That equals 27.9cc X 3 = 83.7cc.

The 4 magnet hall affect trigger is interesting. 3 magnets for spark trigger W/a reverse polarity magnet to "sequence" the firing order. Adrian tried to explain that type of CDI radial engine sprk sequencing to me even before Saito came out W/the system. C&H is currently working on a similar system on a forum member's FA450R3. W/CDI firing methanol, an FA450R3 will blow awy the FG84R3 for power.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did an experiment with a laser 150. I get the same power on petrol as i do on glow. throttle response is hopeless though because of the carb

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did an experiment with a laser 150. I get the same power on petrol as i do on glow. throttle response is hopeless though because of the carb
    All of Saito's FG engines are rated about 15% lower in HP when displacement is the same. (when they publish HP spec's) The FA220 is rated @ 3.5hp while the gas version FG36 is rated @ 3.0HP. That is why Saito has started to increase displacement on their newer FG versions.

Gasoline has more power per unit volume, but the A/F ratios used for alcohol fuels allow about 15% more potential HP.

Using CDI that is advanced to 34-36* BTDC will extract more power than glow ignition. It has been the case W/every Saito engine I have tested. @ 28* BTDC, my FA91S was about = to glow ignition, but advancing timing to 35* BTDC gained 200 more RPM than glow ignition.
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gentlemen,

due to the fact, that the 400 has now become so reliable and strong I am willing to put it in my Princess (the SiSt FW-190) there was an opening for an engine in the Stearman.

Christmas 2012 happened on a friday. In November.

After a really C**P Day at the office I came home to three (YES THREE!) parcels waiting for me.

Parcel # 1 had my new Airbrush in it after I finally ruined my previous 15 year old Hansa beyond repair...

Parcel # 2 came from Horizon Hobby... I'm in love...

Name:	Ki19995.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	1821006   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dy79492.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	1821007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr42203.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	1821008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Uo35086.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	1821009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xi62636.jpg 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	1821010  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nd53291.jpg 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	1821011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pr24720.jpg 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	1821012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ji27619.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	1821013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xw37238.jpg 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	1821014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Co71750.jpg 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	1821015  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yd29049.jpg 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	1821016  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ah, and what was in the third parcel you may ask?

Lots of small plastic bags. With lots of bits and pieces. From a very long way away...

A heartmeant "Thank you" to the other side of the world! Perfectly packed and ready to be reanimated... Hope Justengines gets those parts soon...

I am reluctant to say, that after Justengines ist payed off too, my hobby bank account will have dwindeld to exactly € 0,34.

Sh**... that means no more money left for fuel... [&:]

Rev

Name:	Hf10086.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	1821017  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love comming home and finding boxes with my name on! i got my new aibrush the other day (from hobby king, nothing fancy) as well as the screws i needed for my rocker covers! my 400 is now complete at last!

As for the evo the castings look very nice from what i can see. better than asp and better even than my enya! how long before we hear it play us a song?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Congratulations Rev! What a beauty it is!
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not radial related but a few shots of the La7 today at the field https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv4jzv7rh...f:IMG_3447.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those are awesome photos! Is that an ESM (YT) model? What engine, a Laser?
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not radial related but a few shots of the La7 today at the field https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv4jzv7rh...f:IMG_3447.jpg
    Nice! It should inspire me to open my LA-7 and get started....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yup, ESM/YT La7 with Laser 300v for power. i did post a video some time ago but here it is again for those wishing to enjoy the music again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpG_1Vf3TQ

Also the pics are from my friend paul with his fancy cannon camera. I love the prop disk in the 2nd pic!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Eulboyington

Hello all gang,

just for help, I have listed all bearing references for a SANYE F400 Radial complete overhaul :

Location / Qty /*Brand / European*references

- Crankshaft front* / * 1 x ** /* SKF*6000 2RSH*
    - Crankshaft rear* /** 1 x * / SKF 16003*
    - Camshaft reduct gear*/ * 2 x* / SKF 619/4-2Z
    - Camshaft / 1 x /**INA HK1012-B
    - Master Rod / 1 x /* INA K12X16X13-TV/0-7

Hope this help,

Olivier
    Thanks again for this Olivier! You are a true friend to the model engine men!
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Eulboyington

Hello all gang,

just for help, I have listed all bearing references for a SANYE F400 Radial complete overhaul :

Location / Qty /*Brand / European*references

- Crankshaft front* / * 1 x ** /* SKF*6000 2RSH*
    - Crankshaft rear* /** 1 x * / SKF 16003*
    - Camshaft reduct gear*/ * 2 x* / SKF 619/4-2Z
    - Camshaft / 1 x /**INA HK1012-B
    - Master Rod / 1 x /* INA K12X16X13-TV/0-7

Hope this help,

Olivier
    Truely a great help. Thank you! Just ordered a new set today.

Justengines shot me an email last night saying all the parts have arrived. With a bit of luck they will be here before the weekend and I can get cracking overhauling that ASP Radial from downunder.

Rev

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yup, ESM/YT La7 with Laser 300v for power. i did post a video some time ago but here it is again for those wishing to enjoy the music again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utpG_1Vf3TQ

Also the pics are from my friend paul with his fancy cannon camera. I love the prop disk in the 2nd pic!
    That's a real beauty! and the music is sweet
    Remember: Speed is life!