Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 66 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2938

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: ASP/MAGNUM FS400AR Rebuild/Overhaul

glad to be of help Sell that 450 and get yourself another 400. It flys my 11kg stearman with authority so it will cope with a heavier bΓΌcker too.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDMK_zm6Zyg[/youtube]

rev
    If at first you don\'t succeed, skydiving isn\'t for you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh heaven... A P-47 and a 400...
    Right after a spectacular crash, the pilot yelled out \'\'Channel 35 clear!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tried selling the 450 but noone wanted it also it is a really nice engine (apart from the amount of fuel it chews up) and i think i finally got it running well last time out. Also my Jungmeister is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. So its going to get the minimum work needed to get it in the air just to see if it will in fact fly. If its ok then i will do it up nice. But right now its annoying me alot as the guy who built it made a mess of it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-u-TEaJn9s

yummy...i need to ask him about performance though as the uk importer quoted some pretty lowly figures

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Carosel43

I tried selling the 450 but noone wanted it also it is a really nice engine (apart from the amount of fuel it chews up) and i think i finally got it running well last time out. Also my Jungmeister is a bit of a nightmare at the moment. So its going to get the minimum work needed to get it in the air just to see if it will in fact fly. If its ok then i will do it up nice. But right now its annoying me alot as the guy who built it made a mess of it
    The problem you're having is that Horizon discounts the 450R3 to $1359 shipped right now. The usual private individual listed price of FA450R3s for sale NIB is around $1200 + shipping.

When all is said & done, most won't risk having no warranty (even if the engine is still NIB) for less than $100 difference in price. Bench run 450s should bring considerable less than that.

BTW Here's some relief for the 450R3's thirst.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iERCMNum7XY Makes about 6.2 HP & 38# of thrust too. Nice power boost.
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41
    - 1/3 Spacewalker, Rascal 110
    CUB BH #231 - Wings Maker 1/5 J-3 Cub

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

in the uk noone discounts engines like that so its about £1300 no matter where you go.

Also the cost of the CDI units is more than a years supply of 5% glow fuel so its really not worth it over here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Evening guys,

so whats going on around the world?

I took my two 400s out last saturday to fine tune them after breaking both in. It was, again, very cold at -5Β° C and slightly raining/snowing all the time.

Both engines are now running @ 7450 rpm with the 20x8 which is fine with me. Warmer weather should bring some more rpms. Anyhow, it was darn cold in that propstream...[&:]
    Stupid me forgot the 20x10 at home would have liked to tach that too. Now both are filled with conservation oil and tucked away on the shelf till I have a Model for them.

when family and work lets me I am doing some baby steps on the stearman Hows that Flybaby coming, Tom?

Rev

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec87739.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	1848474   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id95968.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	1848475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rw57624.jpeg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	1848476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cw63569.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	1848477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Te47455.jpeg 
Views:	5 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	1848478  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My 400 is still resting. as soon as the weather is warm enough to get it going and the ground dry enough for the spats to not fill with mud i can assure you it will be out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jon

CH-ignitions.com has a CDI module for the Saito 450. The spark ignition might help you with lower & reliable idle and overall engine behavior as well as reduce operating costs as the Saito 450 should run well on straight fuel with CDI. Jus a thought for you to consider.

Btw Thanks for your time on the phone today. I mounted my Laser on the Yak. I still need to fit the skis and then it's time to test the model if the weather permits..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The biggest mod i would like to make to the 450 is an impeller in the back to even out the mixture as right now the 3 cylinders all have different mixture. no 3 runs hot, 1 is ok and 2 runs very cool and rich. if that could be evened out then i am sure the engine will perform betterat full power, the idle is just fine as it is. I will however have a look at the cdi, but i think the cost will be prohibitive

i just looked at ch-ignition and they dont seem to have one for the 450. in fact they only seem to do two types. has anyone got a direct link? the price for the single unit is very high though. i still think it would be better to run on glow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The biggest mod i would like to make to the 450 is an impeller in the back to even out the mixture as right now the 3 cylinders all have different mixture. no 3 runs hot, 1 is ok and 2 runs very cool and rich. if that could be evened out then i am sure the engine will perform betterat full power, the idle is just fine as it is. I will however have a look at the cdi, but i think the cost will be prohibitive

i just looked at ch-ignition and they dont seem to have one for the 450. in fact they only seem to do two types. has anyone got a direct link? the price for the single unit is very high though. i still think it would be better to run on glow

The 450 in the video that I posted earlier can produce 12% more power (6.2HP) than stock (5.5HP) when turning the 24B Vess @ 6500 RPM. It will run about 25% longer on a given amount of fuel doing it. Just by looking @ the lack of smpke & oily mess on the exhaust ought to open your eyes to the increased effeciency of CDI over GI.

When C&H has all the bugs worked out of their own module (that's an RCEXEL module in the clip) the price of the module, magnet ring & hall sensor mount will be very reasonable.

I can't quote prices, but it will be cheaper than 3 single modules that are $75 each.

If you get that 450R3 running as it should on CDI, it won't take you long to get a return on the investment if you fly the engine dfrequently since the Stock 450 runs about 3oz a minute through the engine @ WOT on glow ignition. On CDI, every 10 minutes you will be saving 6oz of fuel while making 12% more HP. Every 21 flights of 10 minutes will save you a gallon of fuel.

W/the better manners, more power & decreased fuel consumption you are likely to fly a lot more, thus making the ROI that much quicker.

BTW: Take the time to e-mail Adrian about the systems. No they are not available yet, but he is concentrating his time on development so that they will be avaible soon..
    Club Saito #785 - FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A single cylinder CDI is about £60 all told over here. I know because i bought one to play with. There is no way that a 3 cyl version will be less than £120 and that is roughly what i spend per year on glow fuel for all of my engines. Given that it would take a long long time to recoup any investment made in CDI units. Also following an experiment with a Laser 150 there was little if any improvment in performance and fuel consumption was unchanged. Now i appreciate that the saito is a different beast and that because i use 5% fuel not 15% i will never get the same results. The real issue i have with my 450 is as i said before, the mixture to each cylinder is not the same and thats why the engine uses alot of fuel and makes a mess. If i didnt have 1 cylinder slightly rich and one richer still my fuel consumption would drop considerably.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also Vess props, how on earth do you work out the pitch? as calling them AB and C is not very helpful

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Question for you guys actually flying the FS400:

What size fuel tubing do you use?
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Also Vess props, how on earth do you work out the pitch? as calling them AΒ*B and C is not very helpful

Their site explains it like this:

"B" ia for baseline pitch. The proper pitch for all around thrust/speed. "A" is for higher thrust/lower top speed. "C" is for higher speed/lower thrust applications..
    SIG BH #41

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the info but thats still not very helpful of them. everyone else uses inches/cm of pitch. it makes it very hard to compare their props to other brands

As for tubing i use standard on everything. i think its 3/32 id but i cannot be sure as i have never checked. i did have some larger stuff once but all it did was fall off ofall the nipplesso i didnt bother with it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Jon. Standard would be equivalent to Medium here in the states.

You can buy solder-on barbs that helps with fuel line tubing.

http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.u...in=Accessories
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea i have seen those and i have also seen these little clips that you can use as well. I have been keeping an eye out for the alleged symptoms of fuel tube thats too small and have never detected any issues. Its possible that because i am using 5% nitro, and my resulting lower fuel consumption, the problem has never materialised. All i know is that if it aint broke dont mess about with it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been searching for new videos of FS400 engines and have noticed what appears to be some cosmetic changes. I am assuming these are the latest iterations I am seeing. They now have black rocker box covers and the engine mount is black also. Don't know if this is anodizing or paint. The crankcase and nose case also look much shinier, maybe tumble polished. I think they look good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh14735.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	1852628  
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kmot

I have been searching for new videos of FS400 engines and have noticed what appears to be some cosmetic changes. I am assuming these are the latest iterations I am seeing. They now have black rocker box covers and the engine mount is black also. Don't know if this is anodizing or paint. The crankcase and nose case also look much shinier, maybe tumble polished. I think they look good.
    Tom,

yes, the new version has been worked over. I had a look at one of those engines here, a german guy asked me to change all the bearings in it, and the black looks painted, same as the cylinders. Unfortuneatly I was not smart enough to take pictures

The casing is a lot shinier but the bearings are the same. Only difference I managed to see was the cam followers that are now flat bottomed. I substituted them in my engines.

FWIW, I am selling one of my two radials. If anyone is interested, both radials are in very good condition. For the "normal" one I am asking EUR 680.- incl. brand new OS-F Plugs and the Keleo Ring. For the polished one I would like 750.- due to the fact that 70% of the parts are new. Again incl. Keleo Ring and new plugs. The first to go is gone, the second stays with me.

Rev

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

why the sale rev? too many toys on the go?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nope, need money to equip new review models with rc :P

gbp is strong vs euro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rev, How much for the polished one to AU??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jaav

Rev, How much for the polished one to AU??
    jim, serious? i can check postage and make you an offer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just yanking your chain...