Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

would an os46fx with a muffler based smoke system (pumpless) do the work??

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

would an os46fx with a muffler based smoke system (pumpless) do the work??

Old 04-19-2003, 09:48 PM
assaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would an os46fx with a muffler based smoke system (pumpless) do the work??

i want to put a pumpless smoke system (using the engines pressure) to create smoke, would it produce enough smoke which will be visble and look good from the ground??
Thanks
Assaf.
Old 04-19-2003, 10:09 PM
edge_fanatic
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hmmmm

Well...It might be visible, but not what I personally would consider adequate. Remember that you need to be able to draw from a smoke oil tank *and* heat the oil to burning point.

I have a pump system in my 3.2 gasser, and it is what I consider "adequate"...not great, not marginal, but in between....And the .46 is likely to pull much less oil through the system, especially since there is no pump.

I welcome the view of the experts...Maybe I'm wrong...
Old 04-19-2003, 10:50 PM
ZAGNUT
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default would an os46fx with a muffler based smoke system (pumpless) do the work??

a crankcase pressure tap with a one-way valve will give you more pressure than you need, the problem with small glo engines is finding enough heat to vaporize the smoke fluid.

dave