Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS Max .46fx

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2003, 07:52 PM
NCLights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Max .46fx

Hey, I'm trying to mount this engine in a Kadet LT-40 ARF, and despite my best efforts in sliding the mounting over, the needle valve is still pertruding. The instructions say you can vertically mount the needle valve, but that's for the .60 and .90 [if I recall correctly]. What should I do to make this engine fit? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:12 PM
Geoff-RCU

Default 46FX needle valve

Remove the needle, mount the engine, then mark the point on the inside of the nose where the needle will protrude. Remove the engine, cut an appropriate opening, fuel proof it, and install the engine, then install the needle. You might also want to add a short needle extension, using the provided hole and set screw, for easy adjustment.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:26 PM
NCLights

Default OS Max .46fx

How could I fuel proof it, and should the opening be just where the needle valve would be, or vertically all the way up? Thanks.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:37 PM
Geoff-RCU

Default OS Max .46fx

Use some CA glue or some butyrate dope for fuel proofing the hole. The needle should protrude just a little bit out of the side of the plane's nose, so the extension will make it much easier to adjust. Just make a round hole; no need to hack a big hunk of wood out!
Old 04-19-2003, 09:53 PM
NCLights

Default OS Max .46fx

Oh, so the opening should be a hole, rather then a notch?
Old 04-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Geoff-RCU

Default OS Max .46fx

that depends on how far down the engine sits. One most trainers, the engine sits up pretty high, and a notch makes good sense. If it sits low enough to make a hole, by all means make one! :-)