Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Richmond RC Enya Engine pricing

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Richmond RC Enya Engine pricing

I was rather suprised to find a price list for Enya engines at www.richmondrc.com today. These are the folks who distribute VMar ARFs and VMax engines here in North America. The pricing seems quite reasonable. I haven't ordered from these folks before personally, but they are a well-established distributor who has been in business for some time.

You can find the list by going to their website, selecting USA Online store, and then scrolling down and selecting "More Items" from the menu bar. Enya engines are listed under ENY_USA_Retail and replacement parts for these Enya engines carried by Richmond RC are under ENR_USA_Retail. Shipping and handling for an engine is $8.95, which isn't too bad at all:
------------------------------------------------
Enya Engines and Glow Plugs - USA Retail

ENYA 06 RC AIR ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$49.95
ENY-06TV

ENYA 09 RC AIR ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$46.95
ENY-09TV

ENYA 15 RC AIR ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$53.95
ENY-15TV

ENYA 25 RC AIR SUPER SPORT ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$59.95
ENY-25SS

ENYA 40 RC AIR SUPER SPORT ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$79.95
ENY-40SS

ENYA 40 RC BB SUPER SPORT ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$107.95
ENY-40SSBB

ENYA 50 RC BB HI PERFORMANCE ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$142.95
ENY-50CX

ENYA 53 RC AIR FOUR STROKE ENGINE w/MUFF
$199.95
ENY-534C

ENYA 60 RC BB HI PERFORMANCE ENGINE w/MUFF & SNV
$209.95
ENY-60XF4ALC

ENYA NO. 3 GLOW PLUG - FOR ALL ENYA ENGINES - HOT
$6.49
ENY-GPLUG3
Old 02-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Richmond RC Enya Engine pricing

Ed, the other day I did a quicky .50 fourstroke shootout and noticed that I paid $199.95 for one of the last OS .52s. That's a good price on the Enya .53.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:56 AM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richmond RC RC are great folks to deal with Have bought planes from them for years , my apaches ll and ll are one of the best planes out there, will have to give them a shout for for 06 Enya If Kelsy the owner is there at the time great guy to talk to martin
Old 02-17-2008, 12:01 PM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ed, thanks for posting this -- this may be the only way to get a reasonably-priced new Enya in this country!

Took awhile to find -- their website is almost as hard to use as Sig's. But I'm glad to have them!

Jim
Old 02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
bigedmustafa

I have to laugh - Enya engine parts can be quite expensive. I just went to order a $1.99 throttle valve lever and it cost me $101.25 including shipping.

I decided as long as I was ordering, I should get an engine test stand. Then I noticed I could save $8 with any Enya or VMax engine purchase. Well, I need a 1/2A size engine for an Ace Whizard kit I have sitting around the house, so I went ahead and ordered the Enya 06 TV.

Well, then I remembered seeing all of the Goldberg brand Ultracote covering that Richmond RC was dumping for $7.82 per roll, so I figured I should go ahead and buy three rolls of Ultracote.

Those little $1.99 parts are sure expensive!
Old 02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
bigedmustafa

Well, I indeed did end up talking to Kelsey and he was quite pleasant to speak with.

It sounds unfortunately like Richmond RC's current stock of Enya engines is a bit low. They had neither the 06-SV nor the 09-SV available when I placed my order.

Kelsey said that the small Enya engines in particular are still a good product for them, but getting engines and parts direct from Japan hasn't been particularly easy. It sounds like Richmond RC does plan on carrying the line for the foreseeable future, though.

Richmond RC was nice enough to honor the discount on the engine test stand even though they didn't have an engine for me to buy, so I'm only ending up with the test stand and three or four rolls of half price Ultracote Plus.

The lesson I learned was, if you wish to order an Enya engine from Richmond RC, you might want to call or e-mail first to see if they have it in stock. Hopefully Richmond RC and Enya Engine can get things sorted out.

You'd think that an engine company looking for a distributor, a distributor looking for an engine line, and a bunch of customers looking for engines and parts would all be pretty easy to sort out.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 PM
gwapoguy
My Feedback: (1)

Folks, I ordered an Enya 50CX from these folks, gave my credit card etc.
The next day I get a call from a lady there and she tells me they don't actually have any engines, also there is no ETA for back ordering.
This website is in Canada and I am worried that it is site designed to lure you in and then wack your credit card.
Anyone actually bought an engine from these folks?
Rgds,