Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

After Market Muffler for ST 75

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After Market Muffler for ST 75

I have a brand new ST 75 that I am either going to use or sell. I like the thought of using it because most folks cannot make them run reliably. However, I really dislike the muffler - it is ugly and I have had four internal baffle failures with the very similar ST 90. What after market muffler would you recommend. I am not interested in tuned pipes. Thanks

Howard
Old 03-22-2008, 07:26 PM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: After Market Muffler for ST 75

Depends on the plane you're putting it in. If it's going to be on its side, a pitts would work nicely. If it's inverted, you'll probably be interrested in a wrap around. I usually end up having to make my own exhausts to fit the application.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:55 PM
flipstart

You are right - the muffler is mud ugly-but it does work well-especially if you take out those rattling baffles to start with-makes engine run mo better. There are some slimline, bisson mufflers that fit, but some have had to play around with exhaust outlets to get enough pressure for engine to run right. I have learned to ignore that ugly sucker and love the engine.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:36 AM
speedster 1919
My Feedback: (3)

I like these and no baffle to come loose. You need the 6900 and about $35 at your LHS
http://www.macspro.com/onepiece.asp
Old 03-25-2008, 09:00 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: speedster 1919

I like these and no baffle to come loose. You need the 6900 and about $35 at your LHS
http://www.macspro.com/onepiece.asp
It is good to see that their charts are very up to date with the newer engines too.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:16 AM
YUKONFLYR

Super tigre 75..........Great engine, Have one inverted in a Great planes Mustang 40.

Muffler is really UGLY[:'(], I usually punch out the inner baffel and let the engine breathe a little easier.

I like the Mufflers from a while ago, I think they were called Tiger Paw or something to that effect, like the front is the same and has a tuned pipe on the back half of the muffler.
They look much better.