Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS 32 F engines

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:19 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 32 F engines

I recently traded for two NIB OS 32 F engines. Both had extremely rough inner bearings and I changed them out before running them, which I have yet to do. These are intended for a twinstar and should be about right.
These are the first 32 F engines I have encountered, I know they languished in a wood shed for about 10 years in their origional boxes, thus the rough bearings? They looked great when removed, but were rough.
Can anyone tell me about these engines..........
Thanks,
Bruce
Old 03-27-2008, 10:35 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS 32 F engines

I campaigned several OS .32F ABN engines in competition fun flying some years ago. I was very happy with their easy handling, excellent throttling and exceptional power output.

Their break-in consists of being ran in a slightly rich two-cycle using a 9x5 or 9x6 prop. A 10x4 or 10x5 will work as well. Just don't even slightly over heat the engines during the initial runs, but never run them in a four-stroking mode. The liner plating is a bit delicate. You don't want to start them peeling, though one of mine continued to run fine after peeling had begun. I never did get around to getting the liner replaced, but instead put a LOT of operating time on the engine.

As usual, run fuel with a bit of castor in the mix. My versions were not particular about nitro content, either high or low.

You will love these engines. I envy you.

Ed Cregger
Old 03-27-2008, 10:53 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The 32F was a predecessor to the current 32SX. They ran pretty good
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The engines are wonderful, your original bearings probably had congealed oil in them making them feel rough.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, I really didn't find much to indicate old oil in the bearings. I decided that I didn't want any foreign matter in the engines so the change in bearings, far cheaper in the long run. I have a total of $32.00 in both engines including both new bearings ($12.00 at the local bearing house).
I will soon be running them in.
Bruce