Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

MAGNUM .52 XLS fuel tank Pressure line

Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

MAGNUM .52 XLS fuel tank Pressure line

Old 04-18-2008, 08:26 AM
rebranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGNUM .52 XLS fuel tank Pressure line

I have a MAGNUM .52, XLS which is kinda hard (tweeky) to tune. It ran fine on the engine stand with a 12 x 6. When installed on my new Hanger 9 Piper Pawnee (had a Mecoa .46 w/ 11 x 6 & it didn't have enuf power, Flew like the real thing tho.. really scale..) it won't run with the pressure line hooked up! Runs fine with line unhooked! But won't run but about 1/2 speed with pressure line hooked.
I have never had this problem! Almost never figured out what was makin engine blubber!

Any help, commenst ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

[email protected]
Old 04-18-2008, 08:38 AM
ggale
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: MAGNUM .52 XLS fuel tank Pressure line

occasionally you will find an engine that just doesnt like pressure. if it runs fine without, then leave it off. my os 70fs engines are way too picky when used with pressure so i leave it off. they run fine. also had an old kandb 45 that did not use pressure.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:27 AM
LeeHop

Reb -

This from the Magnum manual:
Keep in mind that when the engine is mounted inverted, carburetor adjustments will need to be made differently and the fuel tank may need to be lowered.
That sure is a nice lookin plane!

LeeH
Old 04-18-2008, 03:53 PM
rebranger

Thanks, but the engine is sideways, & the fuel tank is about level with the carb needle valve
Ed
Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM
microsprint9

My Magnum .15XL was like that, i was running at what the manual said 1.5 turns out, would run fine with no pressure line, hook it up and it would bog right down. I still run it today with the pressure line hooked up but the needle is only 1/2-5/8 of a turn out and this makes it very tricky to dial it in but it does work and runs very good.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:39 PM
rebranger

I wonder why it does that? I wanted to put it in a brand new Hanger 9 Pawnee, but I just don't TRUST it!! (the motor).
I have a .46 MECOA in it now, while this engine is adequate, I want just a little more power in case of emergency. I used to crop dust in a Pawnee & this model flys JUST like a REAL Pawnee! Underpowered & glides like a brick!
I'm thinking of putting a new OS SX .50 ringed in it, anyone had any experience with this engine?
Thanks
Old 04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
yallaair

Hi!
Try to lean the low end needle. Most likely is the engine adjusted way off. Initial setting on my .52 is 3/4 turn open on LS, and 1 1/2 -2 turns on HS.

If you pull off the fuel line at idle (2500-3000 RPM), the engine should stop in abt 3-5 sec. If set too lean, it stops quicker. Too rich mixture and it will run for 10 sec.