Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Super Tigre carbs

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 AM
doubledee
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre carbs

I am in need of a couple of 60-90 size Super Tigre carbs. If anyone out there has one or more they want to part with send me a PM.
Thanks in advance,
doubledee
Old 04-24-2008, 05:14 PM
doubledee

Default RE: Super Tigre carbs

Amazing! After all the Super Tigre carburetor flaming on these forums no one out there has any they want to get rid of.
doubledee
Old 04-27-2008, 09:15 AM
Daryl Martel
My Feedback: (3)

All the old S.T. carbs that posed a problem and were replaced with "other brands" of carbs were likely immediately smashed into pieces by angry owners and disposed of :^) I actually gave away a few S.T. carbs.

Anyone have one of those little adaptor rings to adapt an O.S. 7D carb to a big S.T. (2300/3000/3250)?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:33 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

I have one out of an early Italian made Super Tigre .60. If still in need, contact me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78352.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	938049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86581.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	938050  
Old 04-27-2008, 10:01 AM
rcdude7
My Feedback: (264)

Chief aircraft sells new G61-90 carbs for $20 a pop brand new. That's where I would buy mine.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:40 AM
doubledee

Jolly Popper,
Thanks for the offer, but I am looking for the newer models that seem to be a never ending source of frustration to many Super Tigre engine tuners posting on RCU.
Regards,
doubledee
Old 04-29-2008, 05:44 AM
doubledee

Daryl,
Appreciate your response. Be careful how you post as you are not allowed to advertise buying and selling in the forums. The moderator is liable to delete your post, at least he did mine.
I had to consult my attorney on how to correctly word my post.
Regards,
doubledee
Old 04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Daryl Martel

We'd be a lot better off without lawyers then wouldn't we? It's a world gone mad if you ask me. It was perfectly acceptable a short while ago to put such a little blip in a post about needing something, if that something was related to the subject. I've had both good and bad experiences with ST carbs. I do think however, particularly for the big tiggers, that several other brands build much better carbs. O.S., Irvine, Moki, to name a few seem to "get it right", and they offer carbs that are a drop in replacement for the stock carbs. It's really worth experimenting... if you can get a replacement carb for cheap at a swapshop or elsewhere cheap.

S.T. are good engines though - excellent value. I just wish their carbs were better designed/manufactured i.e. more consistency/reliability.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
blw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: doubledee

Daryl,
Appreciate your response. Be careful how you post as you are not allowed to advertise buying and selling in the forums. The moderator is liable to delete your post, at least he did mine.
Regards,
doubledee

Are you seriously saying that you had to consult a lawyer in order to follow the simple anti spamming rules on RCU? Sorry, but I find this hard to believe.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:49 AM
JollyPopper
My Feedback: (6)

Are you guys saying that if someone off handedly asked in the body of a post if anyone had an extra carb lying around, that post would be deleted?
Old 04-29-2008, 06:43 PM
anuthabubba
My Feedback: (102)

Never had any more trouble with ST carbs (.40 thru .90) than any other carb on a glow engine. Sometimes I had to read the instructions to make any of them perform properly.

Terry in LP
Old 04-30-2008, 05:46 AM
doubledee

No, I was not being serious about consulting a lawyer. My original post was deleted because buying and selling in the forums is prohibited. I offered to pay for a ST carb and that got my post deleted by the moderator so my trying to acquire a ST carb had to be carefully worded with the intent to offer to pay being mentioned in my response to any PMs I may have received.
By the way, Daryl, I am surprised your first post survived because you offered to buy something.
Regards,
doubledee
Old 04-30-2008, 08:34 AM
blw

doubledee,

Thanks for the oversight in missing the offer to buy, and I fixed that. Your original post was okay since you didn't ask to buy, and suggested the use of the PM method for contact.

This is really getting off topic, but maybe the thread can continue without becoming a complaint forum about the policies of RCU. We are being very liberal here in allowing this sort of request to even stay in Engines. I know that many moderators in other areas would not allow any mention of wanting anything, and I'm hoping that nobody files a complaint on our allowances over here. The strict policy on any selling/buying/requesting to sell & buy is a good one. Members won't see the benefits because they can't see the many posts that are removed when vendors, scam artists, etc bombard the threads for the purpose of making a quick buck. Also, you need to recognize the fact that some of these people who intentionally break the rules are probably short of scruples.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:40 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blw, I've been restoring a lot of old engines over the past several months. So far, this forum has been a gold mine for finding sources for everything from OOP parts to cleaning products. I hope that it is still ok to come here and ask where to find such things. I assume it's acceptable to post a question like, "Who sells Picco parts," for example.

Thanks,
David
Old 04-30-2008, 10:16 AM
doubledee

OK, this seems to be getting out of hand. I originally posted a thread that asked if anyone had ST carbs they wanted to sell. Unbeknownst to me it is against RCU policy to post buy or sell in the discussion forums. If you want to buy or sell post an ad in the buy and sell section of this web site.
I apologise for any misunderstanding and the comment about the lawyer was an attempt at humor, hence the chagrined smiley face.
I hope this clears this thread up and it would probably be a good idea to just let it die right here.
BLW, I understand your point of view and, Lord knows, the job of moderator is difficult enough and it was not my intent to make it any harder.
Regards,
doubledee
Old 04-30-2008, 11:49 AM
rainedave

But, certainly, asking where to find something is different from saying, "Look what I'm selling."

David
Old 04-30-2008, 12:11 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: frugalme

Never had any more trouble with ST carbs (.40 thru .90) than any other carb on a glow engine. Sometimes I had to read the instructions to make any of them perform properly.

Terry in LP

If an engine manufacturer equips their engines with an advanced carb with additional fuel/air mixture control than the normal two needle set up, things are hunky-dory.

But, if that same manufacturer increases the air flow rate of said carburetor to the absolute maximum in order to increase power output, and incidentally reduces fuel draw, making carb tuning much more critical, THEN you have an easily misunderstood carburetor that neophytes hate vehemently. No offense to anyone in particular intended.

Ed Cregger
Old 04-30-2008, 12:19 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: rainedave

But, certainly, asking where to find something is different from saying, "Look what I'm selling."

David

Let's also not forget that rec.models.rc.air (usenet) is still available for selling/swapping/wanted items that have no category here on RCU. That's where I go.

If someone knows a place on RCU where similar ads can be placed, please fill me in. I have a terrible time finding anything but the forums and some for sale ads on our beloved RCU.

My near vision is extremely poor (as is the vision of many diabetics/older folks) and finding my way around the RCU site can be a real challenge.

For instance, there is a red notice at the top of my forum pages telling me that I have unread private messages. How do I notify someone about this? I got lucky once and contacted the site administrator, but I can't find him again. He told me to delete cookies and saved pages and it would go away. It has not. HELP!

Ed Cregger
Old 04-30-2008, 12:28 PM
blw

ORIGINAL: rainedave

blw, I've been restoring a lot of old engines over the past several months. So far, this forum has been a gold mine for finding sources for everything from OOP parts to cleaning products. I hope that it is still ok to come here and ask where to find such things. I assume it's acceptable to post a question like, "Who sells Picco parts," for example.

Thanks,
David

David- It is absolutely okay to ask those things just as you stated. You are exactly right about the need to know these things and ask for help, as well as your definitive distinction between asking and selling.

I admit to having been a bit more than on the borderline when some people made it very clear that they really needed something when I added my own post to keep it via the PM system. I've seen where other moderators would not allow even that, and I always expected to have that decision reversed if anyone took issue with it. The thing to remember is that RCU is a free system that costs a ton of money to run, and it is privately owned. This fact works for moderators too, not just regular members only. We have to abide by rules ourselves.

doubledee

OK, this seems to be getting out of hand. I originally posted a thread that asked if anyone had ST carbs they wanted to sell. Unbeknownst to me it is against RCU policy to post buy or sell in the discussion forums. If you want to buy or sell post an ad in the buy and sell section of this web site.
I apologise for any misunderstanding and the comment about the lawyer was an attempt at humor, hence the chagrined smiley face.
I hope this clears this thread up and it would probably be a good idea to just let it die right here.
BLW, I understand your point of view and, Lord knows, the job of moderator is difficult enough and it was not my intent to make it any harder.
Regards,
doubledee
That is a good way to put things, doubledee. Thanks. To be honest, I didn't catch that it was a joke, so that's my bad. No problems here since you are putting it that way. I see your point too. I happen to want a bunch of the older style Tower plugs since the new ones are not made as hot as the originals from years back. I wish I could post some wanted messages in case anyone had some sitting around, but I put my wanted ad in the Marketplace. I've been there too.

I agree that the policy on wanted messages is strict, but it is also really good that we aren't bombarded by the rip off guys. I've seen some pretty bad stuff that gets trashed by the moderators. This is a very active site, and despite the best efforts of many people, some shady people manage to get through long enough to get people from time to time. It is a never ending battle.

I hope you guys and Daryl find the carbs you need!
Old 05-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Daryl Martel

Thnx BLW - I'll put a wanted blurb in the engine marketplace. Those O.S. adaptors used to be readily available... even through Tower.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:23 AM
jwest-maxx

hey does anyone know if the needle valve in g-51 is compatible with the old .60? I broke the handle off in a crash and am finally using it again, but i forgot it was broken. Any info would be great!
Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 AM
broke_n_bummin

ORIGINAL: doubledee

Daryl,
Regards,
doubledee
LOL ... Some mods don't even need a reason ... A fellow inquired about an OS FL-70 in the "mfgr support" forum. The 3 lettered person that answered him suggested the ring as one of the problems. I posted that the FL-70 doesn't have a ring and my post was deleted. Mine was the 4th post on the page http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7567645/tm.htm
Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM
rainedave

ORIGINAL: jwest-maxx

hey does anyone know if the needle valve in g-51 is compatible with the old .60? I broke the handle off in a crash and am finally using it again, but i forgot it was broken. Any info would be great!
No. It's too short. But... Harry Higley still makes one that will work. How do I know? I tried a .51 NV first and then bought the one from HH.

Here it is:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL710&P=7

But, you only get one per package.

Here's a photo of mine running with the HH NV.

David
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28121.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	964846  
Old 06-08-2008, 07:17 PM
jwest-maxx

thanks alot. it's kind of a bummer though cause i just ordered the other one to see if it would work. but that's ok, i'll just order that one. on another note, that was a nice looking test stand. did you custom build that?
Old 06-08-2008, 10:51 PM
rainedave

I think the main problem is that the .51 NV isn't threaded far enough. Although, the taper might be different, too.

There's a guy selling the stands at auction. Almost every time I post a photo of one of my engines running I get more questions about the stand than the engine. I have no connection with him but I'll PM you the info.

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.