Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Saito 300 twin....which pump?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:45 PM
bent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito 300 twin....which pump?

We're building a big Lake Renegade with a pod mounted Saito 300 twin, two carbs. The fuel tank clunk is 16" below the carbs. Total length of fuel line is 20" (16" from tank to y fitting, then 4" to the carbs). Looking for pump recommendations.
Thanks
Old 05-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default RE: Saito 300 twin....which pump?

Gary, the Cline or the IronBay would either one be a great choice, you can use one regulator on a tee between the carbs or use two regulators one for each carb, like my 1.30 here, this was mostly just to show off.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90168.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	961172  
Old 06-01-2008, 03:16 AM
rxAxilleas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garry i think also that a perry vp30 pump will do the job sinse the tank is lower than the carb.

hobbsy,
the regulators you use need to pressurize the tank?i have the oposite problem with an os ft300. the tamk is higher about one and half inch an i have fuel leaking from the carb . i am thinking of one regulator like yours but there are no muflers to preurize the tank.is it posible to work the regulator without pressurizing?
or simple dril a hole on the exaust pipe and fit a niple?do you think that there will be developed pressure with that way?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:43 AM
Hobbsy
My Feedback: (102)

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

RX, the regulators require pressure, they only allow fuel to flow when they sense the demand for fuel from the carb spraybar so they do cure the flooding problem you're having. I have to go now, big day with to much to do. More later.