Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

Will you prefer the crock pot method or ultrasonic cleaner?

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

Will you prefer the crock pot method or ultrasonic cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 05:38 PM
qazimoto
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Will you prefer the crock pot method or ultrasonic cleaner?

I'd caution against putting the ball bearings of high reving engines in the Ultrasonic cleaner. It really does shorten their life. I know this from personal experience.

The components for an effective Ultrasonic cleaner aren't too difficult to find and the circuitry is straight forward.

The Australian Electronics magazine "Silicon Chip" ran a construction article for a large unit a year or so ago.

See: http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_112072/article.html

regards Ray
Old 07-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Reginald

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will you prefer the crock pot method or ultrasonic cleaner?

In one of the Model Engine World magazines by John Goodall I received the same comment
from a reader and one or two issues later an ex engineer from, I believe it was, Rolls Royce
aircraft division, wrote that they used to put new bearings into the ultrason first before using them.
What is the real truth on this matter ?

ORIGINAL: locktite401

I'd caution against putting the ball bearings of high reving engines in the Ultrasonic cleaner. It really does shorten their life. I know this from personal experience.

The components for an effective Ultrasonic cleaner aren't too difficult to find and the circuitry is straight forward.

The Australian Electronics magazine "Silicon Chip" ran a construction article for a large unit a year or so ago.

See: http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_112072/article.html

regards Ray