Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Glow Engines
Reload this Page >

OS Surpass FS-91II-P pump question / replacement

Community
Search
Notices
Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

OS Surpass FS-91II-P pump question / replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 05:49 AM
Huang
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS Surpass FS-91II-P pump question / replacement

I have a perfectly running Surpass 91 w/pump that just quit working last week. The engine will not run below 1/4 idle and finally the engine could not start at all.

Inspections reveals that the engine is not drawing any fuel into the carb. I have changed all fuel lines / filter / tank, cleaned the carb and nozzles with alcohol, and I have taken the engine out to a stand. The engine simply would not draw fuel.

The engine has been run for almost a year, about 3~4 gallons of fuel Cool Power 15% synthetic fuel with 2oz Klotz synthetic added. It has always been run rich. Due to the silicon pump, I have never used any after-run besides running the engine dry after last flight. Other than the carb/pump in suspect, the engine is perfect - I was surprised to see that the piston,liner,bearings and even exhaust valve was in perfect shinny silver and no signs of carbon buildup or rust.

My question is could the problem be a broken pump? Or is it the regulator? How can I tell which is broken? The replacement part is seperate for the pump and regulator. $65 for the pump and $105 for the carb+regulator assembly. Which should I get? Or does anyone have any related experience or other suggestions?

Many thanks, matt