midwesterner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default ENYA 60 III T. V.

A friend gave me a new Enya 60 and I know nothing about Enya's. Break in? what fuel to use?(if different than what I normally use Cool Power 15%) Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:59 AM
rainedave

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: ENYA 60 III T. V.

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE straight synthetic oil fuel!!! I highly recommend using something like Powermaster GMA 5 nitro/22 castor or, at the least Sig Champion with 20% oil 50/50 castor/synth.

It is a ringed engine and should be given several very rich 5 minute runs with complete cool downs in between before leaning it out. I would give it three 5 minute runs at a 4-cycle setting, then three more around the 2-cycle/4-cycle breaking point, and three more at a rich 2-cycle setting. Then, you can start to lean it out to a setting slightly rich of peak. That's 45 minutes of run time before leaning it out. It sounds like a lot of time, but it will pay off in the long run.

David
Old 10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
downunder

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If your engine has two rings it's the 60-III and if a single ring it's a 60-IIIB (both were model 7033). Either way the running in is the same. First up, don't use your Cool Power fuel (I'm being nice here and not calling it Cruel Power ).

Enya recommend using a fuel with 20-24% all castor and, for running in especially, the higher castor would be best. I'm using 25% all castor because it's much easier to mix. The instructions say 30-60 minutes with a rich mixture but this should be 4 stroking rich, particularly at first. Use a 12x6 prop. Keep it rich when flying after the initial bench runs because it'll take 2-3 hours to be properly run in. They'll run perfectly well with no nitro but if you must insist on using it then 5-10% is the Enya recommendation.

I've got 75 minutes on mine so far and the ring still looks almost new. The photo below shows the ring after 45 minutes and even then I had to alter the brightness and contrast to bring out the barely visible wear marks. Run it in right and then treat it right and it'll last forever .

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25163.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	1057418  
Old 10-23-2008, 02:34 PM
jeffie8696

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nothing I can add. But if you need all castor fuel try Sig. they have both 20 and 25% all castor fuels listed. My particular 2 ring .60 was partial to 15% nitro but it was a very "well used" engine. [8D] I know Sig fueal are mixed using volume measuremant instead of density. If you use density you end up getting shorted on oil and nitro.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:52 AM
MJD

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: midwesterner

A friend gave me a new Enya 60 and I know nothing about Enya's. Break in? what fuel to use?(if different than what I normally use Cool Power 15%) Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you.
After it is broken in you should have a fine running, long lasting and moderately powerful (for it's day) sport .60 on your hands. Flew one for ages until a terminal dive then pullout into a tree (oops). Nice engine, will power .46 size sport-aero birds well.

mjd

Search this Thread